Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2013, 11:09 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,557,499 times

Advertisements

Duck Dynasty. Finally this week, I gave it the good try and watched the first two episodes. Massive fail.

~note to self~ Never ever ever ever again repudiate vow to not watch "reality shows". They all stink and Duck Dynasty stinks more, even way more than the Kardashians.
Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 11:42 PM

22,681 posts, read 24,677,688 times
Flipping Vegas, so scripted and fake...........and that screechy wife who comes across as very nitwitish makes me want to attack my TV.

I am so over most "reality" tv, just too fake.

Old 11-29-2013, 01:18 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,326,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Flipping Vegas, so scripted and fake...........and that screechy wife who comes across as very nitwitish makes me want to attack my TV.

I am so over most "reality" tv, just too fake.
As someone who wants to flip houses, and someone who loves Vegas, I have forced myself to watch this show quite a few times.

For those who have never seen the show, let me explain the most recent episode was a "Hoarders House" which Scott bought for $25,000. A total dump, in the storyline he was going to clean it out and sell it for $50,000 to make almost $25,000 profit. A smart move, if it was real.

First, the "Hoarder's House" was beyond ridiculous. It was as if the director or producer or whomever sets up these houses for Scott had little to no understanding of what a hoarder is. Sure, every room was full of stuff, but each room had some sort of theme. There was one room that only had books, and one room that had PINIATAS. Yep. The master bathroom had mannequin torsos hanging from the ceiling.

Then, in typical fashion for this show, the wife goes against Scott's wishes and totally renovates the entire place, adding some 30,000 to the budget.

The only reasons anyone should watch this show is if they are either a huge Vegas fan (there's a lot of us out there, who watch TV shows & movies based in or on Vegas) or if you enjoy seeing the before & after of flipped houses (they usually do a good job on this show) OR if you love to just sit back and laugh at how stupid the producers must think we are to believe this.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:09 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,853,481 times
Downton abbey , piers morgan

Old 12-02-2013, 05:38 PM

484 posts, read 1,369,520 times
I can't stand The Big Bang Theory. All of the characters and all of their voices are so annoying that I can't decide which character is the most annoying. I also can't stand the show Friends. I think it's a horrible show and not funny at all.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:19 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,443,292 times
Agreed on Friends,but not on Big Bang...one of the few cerebral shows on today;

Old 12-02-2013, 07:39 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,824,798 times
Pretty much any reality show. I can't even stand to watch the Honey Boo Boo commercials.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:18 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,083,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnOrange3 View Post
I can't stand The Big Bang Theory. All of the characters and all of their voices are so annoying that I can't decide which character is the most annoying. I also can't stand the show Friends. I think it's a horrible show and not funny at all.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE The Big Bang Theory!

One of the best comedy shows EVER!

Old 12-03-2013, 07:44 PM

24,453 posts, read 23,140,757 times
Modern Family. Ed O' Neil will always be Al Bundy. And the characters just seem like poorly written caricatures just thrown together because they seem to be illogical or even incompatible together. That's the hook, right? Characters that make no sense being together being together. If any of the characters were remotely INTERESTING maybe it could work for me.
I don't get how its supposed to be that popular although its heavily promoted. Does anybody REALLY watch it?
But the worst is... Mike and Molly. I can't begin to try to guess how this show ever wound up on the air, except that it parasitically fed off Two And A Half Men's carryover time slot. Lame unappealing characters, poorly written dialogue, its just boring and a mess. What's worse it came when TAAHF imploded and nose dived so there was one less reason to watch.

Old 12-06-2013, 04:21 AM

699 posts, read 1,017,023 times
The Today Show especially since the departure of Ann Curry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV