Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2012, 08:52 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,757,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
How can u say it's fun to watch? Those kids are being abused by that bully and the moms are allowing it. It's pathetic, what???, all for ratings??? It's a disgusting show and child welfare needs to be called in.
sues1,

Child welfare? Cmon. These kids are treated no worse than kids were treated back say in the 50's and 60's. Most of america has gotten away from discipline so when some is enforced people think adults who enforce is are "cruel". Puuuleeaze......

Again, the moms are in control and made the CHOICE knowing full well what type of discipline their children would be getting. When they're absent or petty and are called to the carpet for it, they get all emotional which is not surprising...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 08:59 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,345,894 times
Quote:
How can u say it's fun to watch? Those kids are being abused by that bully and the moms are allowing it. It's pathetic, what???, all for ratings??? It's a disgusting show and child welfare needs to be called in.
After I watched the new Catwalk show last night, I took a shower. When I came out of the bathroom this dance show was on television. I couldn't find the remote fast enough to shut that woman up.

So, for a second season I'll post one thing about this show. EVEN if it is play acting and I suspect much of it is, to even suggest speaking to children or adults speaking among themselves in that manner in front of children is disgusting. This lack of respect is exactly what is wrong with society today. I can't believe it is even on the air.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:58 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,802,469 times
Nia's mom has a pretty high power job as an educator. And she's doing this on her own. She needs to work to keep Nia dancing. Nia is doing just fine with her mom's absences from dance. And to be honest, I think that Abby is jealous of her because she is very very intelligent and highly educated. Otherwise, why would be attempt to use her education as a slam against her .. wow ... no class.

Nia is the most level headed kid in that group. That's because her mom is secure in her life, therefore, Nia is too. If it's a requirement for every parent to be at practice and sit there for 4+ hours every night, then she should have it in writing because her berating Nia's mom because she refuses to bow down to Abby's bullying is pathetic. Abby wants to be in control of their daughters and she wants to control the moms too. It's unfortunate that the mom's who do cave to Abby are too dense to get that. Every other kid and their mom is a HEADcase. I also don't blame Nia's mom for not coming this season. I'm sure she would rather be away from those stupid, vapid women who are all Abby's lapdogs. Good for her!!! She'd rather not sit there and whine and moan with the other neganellies.

Last edited by domergurl; 01-13-2012 at 12:15 PM..

Old 01-13-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Nia's mom has a pretty high power job as an educator. And she's doing this on her own. She needs to work to keep Nia dancing. Nia is doing just fine with her mom's absences from dance. And to be honest, I think that Abby is jealous of her because she is very very intelligent and highly educated. Otherwise, why would be attempt to use her education as a slam against her .. wow ... no class.

Nia is the most level headed kid in that group. That's because her mom is secure in her life, therefore, Nia is too. If it's a requirement for every parent to be at practice and sit there for 4+ hours every night, then she should have it in writing because her berating Nia's mom because she refuses to bow down to Abby's bullying is pathetic. Abby wants to be in control of their daughters and she wants to control the moms too. It's unfortunate that the mom's who do cave to Abby are too dense to get that. Every other kid and their mom is a HEADcase. I also don't blame Nia's mom for not coming this season. I'm sure she would rather be away from those stupid, vapid women who are all Abby's lapdogs. Good for her!!! She'd rather not sit there and whine and moan with the other neganellies.
I think your post made absolutely no sense.

You don't blame Nia's mom for not coming and missing all of her child's performances? Just because she has issues w/the other women? What sense does that make? Your putting her selfish feelings above her child's...

Again, I'll ask, where are all the fathers of these kids?

I don't know about anyone else but I'm a coach for sports and I see parent's like Nia's mom all the time treat their kids activities like its a babysitting service....drop them off and then pick them up. Don't even care.... Its really pathetic how alot of parents are "parenting" today....

Old 01-13-2012, 12:52 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,099,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I think your post made absolutely no sense.

You don't blame Nia's mom for not coming and missing all of her child's performances? Just because she has issues w/the other women? What sense does that make? Your putting her selfish feelings above her child's...

Again, I'll ask, where are all the fathers of these kids?

I don't know about anyone else but I'm a coach for sports and I see parent's like Nia's mom all the time treat their kids activities like its a babysitting service....drop them off and then pick them up. Don't even care.... Its really pathetic how alot of parents are "parenting" today....
She doesn't miss all the performances. She missed one. Last season Maddy's mom missed one to spend time with her boyfriend. Did she miss one or two? Abby didn't have a problem with that and even took special care of Maddy. Puh-lease. Then, Maddy's dad showed up since he heard her mom wasn't there, and Abby threw a fit.

My parents didn't always stay for my sports' practices, and it was absolutely. In fact, hardly any parents stayed for practice. It's not necessary, and parents have to pay the bills. I'm sure Abby isn't cheap.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
She doesn't miss all the performances. She missed one. Last season Maddy's mom missed one to spend time with her boyfriend. Did she miss one or two? Abby didn't have a problem with that and even took special care of Maddy. Puh-lease. Then, Maddy's dad showed up since he heard her mom wasn't there, and Abby threw a fit.

My parents didn't always stay for my sports' practices, and it was absolutely. In fact, hardly any parents stayed for practice. It's not necessary, and parents have to pay the bills. I'm sure Abby isn't cheap.
Abby said she's never there which leads me to believe she misses alot of her performances/practices.

Maddy's mom is a wingnut just like Nia's mom. She goes off hoaring w/the boyfriend out of state and drops the kid like a hot potato....that's another great example of parenting right there!

You keep using $$ as an excuse for these people to hit the high road. Somehow I tend to believe they could find a way to stay and be there for their kids rather than taking the selfish easy way out, but heck what do I know, I'm just a guy behind a keyboard who takes an interest in his kids activities.....

Old 01-13-2012, 01:20 PM

17,765 posts, read 39,802,469 times
Nia's mom has a J-O-B ... And Abby's version of "never there" means that she may have missed one or two practices. And Abby talks out of 2 sides of her face. On the one hand, she seems to think the parents need to be there, yet all she does is WHINE ABOUT THEM. I don't think Abby knows what she wants. She needs to focus on the girls and leave the moms out.

I'm a coach too and I'm sympathetic to working parents. I do not require the parents of my athletes to be at practice, but they are welcome to stay. Sometimes, I like it better when they aren't at practice because I have a few that are total stage mothers and fathers and get in my way when I'm trying to teach. Nothing bothers me more than a kiss butt parent who tries to ply my favor ... I'm there to coach athletes, not parents.

Abby likes to bully people and heaven forbid when one of her caged animals (the moms sitting in the glass cage) revolt.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Nia's mom has a J-O-B ... And Abby's version of "never there" means that she may have missed one or two practices. And Abby talks out of 2 sides of her face. On the one hand, she seems to think the parents need to be there, yet all she does is WHINE ABOUT THEM. I don't think Abby knows what she wants. She needs to focus on the girls and leave the moms out.

I'm a coach too and I'm sympathetic to working parents. I do not require the parents of my athletes to be at practice, but they are welcome to stay. Sometimes, I like it better when they aren't at practice because I have a few that are total stage mothers and fathers and get in my way when I'm trying to teach. Nothing bothers me more than a kiss butt parent who tries to ply my favor ... I'm there to coach athletes, not parents.

Abby likes to bully people and heaven forbid when one of her caged animals (the moms sitting in the glass cage) revolt.
parent involvement is a dicey subject. I coach and like the father's helping out and participating. I also have a mother who was a former college player and helps....

You know which parents truly care and which just drop off like a babysitting service. I don't think parents need to be there at every one, but should be involved and help support. The child is the most important. I guess I'm sympathetic to parents who put the childs interest ahead of theirs.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:21 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,393,519 times
Quote:
Maybe you haven't noticed that most of the yelling goes on between the Moms and Abby? Abby does snipe at the kids, but it's nothing like the all-out arguments that she has with the moms.

Yes, there is a lot of yelling and screaming - but it's mostly between the adults. If Abby was yelling at the kids, in the same way she yells at the moms? I can't imagine anyone wanting to watch that?

Honestly, I can't believe I'm defending this show. I don't watch it all that often, and I certainly don't seek it out - and I don't think it's all that great. But it's not as bad as some are making it out to be.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:31 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,600,772 times
Quote:

I agree with everything you just said! She's got more sense than all the other Mom's put together. Quietly supportive (unless pushed), educated, and well aware that there are things more important than waiting in a dance studio to satisfy an egotistical coach. She does not appear to be out to get attention (can't say the same for the other Mom's) and she appears to see the overall big picture for her daughter. She gives Abby's dance studio the time and credit it deserves. A solid middle ground. And her daughter will learn from her example and be the better for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV