Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2012, 08:14 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,545,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
di wasn't aware we had to use the spoiler function for dwts (because it's a live show?)?

do we? (so i know for tmrw)

No. The spoiler is necessary only for RESULTS. But some people use it when they dont know whether or not they should. And that's ok, in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 08:23 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,610,070 times
thank you, texasfw. i tried to give you a rep but it said i've rep'd you too much.

anyway, next season i hope to see jessica simpson

Old 05-21-2012, 11:51 PM

44,720 posts, read 61,951,002 times
IMO Katherine outdanced both men. The judging was overly generous to the 2 guys. Williams first dance was mediocre and deserved maybe an 8 across the board and Donalds last dance was not dancing but lifting and swinging his partner around and around, again across the board 8's.

I look to see Katherine who was consistantly good win, Donald 2nd, Wm 3rd.

And I'd like to see the public voting changed to a more legitimate system. This calling in 5 or 10 times for the same person, then go online another 5-10, then Twitter another 5-10 is ridiculous. It's too easy to stack the votes to favor one person as the current system works.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:16 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,650,088 times
Quote:
william's not going to win and i'm fine with that and i'll eat my words if he does win. KJ and mark had no time to breathe in their freestyle. so impressive. donald and peta were fantastic in theirs. full of great energy and pizaz. plus they are wonderful physical specimens to admire too. i didnt really realize how tall peta is until i saw her standing btwn donald and william in the intro. it'd be nice to see a new professional win
I hope you're right about William not winning - I'm worried he could. For me, the not having a moment to breathe, although impressive in some ways, was also what detracted from K&M's dance. D&P definitely both are something to see and would be nice to have a new professional win
Quote:
anyway, next season i hope to see jessica simpson
She'd be a great choice! Have you heard that's a possibility or are you just winging it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Williams first dance was mediocre and deserved maybe an 8 across the board and Donalds last dance was not dancing but lifting and swinging his partner around and around, again across the board 8's.

And I'd like to see the public voting changed to a more legitimate system. This calling in 5 or 10 times for the same person, then go online another 5-10, then Twitter another 5-10 is ridiculous.
I'm with you on William but disagree about Donald. I think he and Katherine were on par for both dances. Both had lots of lifts in the second dance but I'd say Donald's were more demanding in terms of the strength and control. He had to be in charge or independent through the entire routine. Plus, that spinning is more difficult than some might imagine - especially with maintaining posture to hold her up like that. It's not just twirling around like a kid, you have to use spotting techniques so as not to get dizzy.

The voting is ridiculous for here and Idol. Not sure how it works elsewhere. Totally geared towards 13 year olds.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:33 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,862,576 times
I think it will be a shame if William and Cheryl win. I agree that Katherine and Donald are far better dancers and are capable of more complicated footwork and technique. I think Cheryl screwed up re the content of their freestyle. Like Len said, it was too much of what we would expect from William.

On the other hand, the freestyles of Mark and Katherine and Donald and Peta were fantastic, with Donald and Peta's having the most wow factor.

I would be happy if either couple takes home the mirror ball trophy, but I have to go with Mark and Katherine, as she is just such a beautifully lyrical dancer with the most beautiful lines. Also, they have been the most consistent through the competition.

Looking foward to a great evening with the "American Idol" finale and the DWTS results show.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:50 AM

14,337 posts, read 14,693,999 times
This Fall is going to be an All Star season as in past contestants coming back for a second round of dancing, I don't think it would include new ones (Jessica Simpson)!

I guess all the rumors about it have finally been confirmed and the show is "older" so probably a good time to do it.

Upfronts 2012: 'Dancing With the Stars' 'All-Star' Season Set for Fall - Hollywood Reporter

Old 05-22-2012, 07:07 AM

1,056 posts, read 1,745,509 times
I agree Katherine is a beautiful dancer but i just love Donald. His smile is great and he looks like he is having so much fun. I also think he has been a better sport I think Katherine was a bit of a baby about her back injury and it couldn't have been too bad because the next night she was jumping up and down when she heard that she was safe. i think they made a mistake in the dance and yes she had a twinge but it also got them a sympathy vote. There have been much worse injuries in the past and the dancers kept on going. I think Donald has shown some frustration when he didn't get high scores from Len but has always taken it as a challenge and said I'm going to come back and be better, probably that athlete mentality. She's probably the technically better dancer but he is the whole package.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:01 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,285,977 times
Quote:
donald's freestyle was the best, visually!

tamiznluv and everyone, i wasn't aware we had to use the spoiler function for dwts (because it's a live show?)?

do we? (so i know for tmrw)
When I post after the live show, I use the spoiler tags as a rule. I don't know if other time zones get to see it really live like I do. Unless I forget, that's why I use the spoiler tags. I don't want to hear any whining about how I spoiled the show for someone who came in here before they watched the show. Unless, of course, they are like me who doesn't mind reading spoilers.

GO DONALD AND PETA!!!!!

Old 05-22-2012, 08:49 AM

toosie, since there'll be old contestants on the next season, i'd like to see rob kardashian again. oh and "mel b" too (scarey spice). let's see, who else? mario lopez for sure although he's crazy busy (good for his bank account!). um, denise richards

please no: jennie garth, jerry springer, mike from the jersey shore, melissa winutker

when i said jessica simpson i was winging it. i want danny pino (actor) from law & order svu to be cast (after the all stars) but alot of people don't know who he is unless u were a fan of "cold case"

Old 05-22-2012, 08:59 AM

Thumbs up sounds like it'll be the best DWTS season EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
This Fall is going to be an All Star season as in past contestants coming back for a second round of dancing, I don't think it would include new ones (Jessica Simpson)!
awesome! i can only imagine how good the returning celebs would be (confidence-wise) since it's not their first time at the rodeo. it shouldn't include newbies because they'd be at a disadvantage (first time at the rodeo)

Last edited by grimace8; 05-22-2012 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: misspelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV