Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2012, 12:55 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,631,383 times

Advertisements

I think Phillip Phillips has a lousy voice and should've been gone a long time ago. Everytime I hear and see him sing, I feel like he is straining with every chord. I don't think I would stop if he was performing for free in some lounge in Vegas. JMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 12:57 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,283,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanchoNan View Post
Shoot, I was hoping to see Adam Lambert. He's touring with Queen.
Source: Adam Lambert Performing Four Shows With Queen This Summer - The Hollywood Reporter
I was sure they would surprise us and Adam would sing with Queen. Producers probably didn't want Adam to upstage the contestants.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:57 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,553,264 times
At this point in the competition- with six left- all have a shot either if they stay or leave at making a record. It's how they deal with that once they leave - it will make or break them. Just look at Daughtry although he was fourth place in the competition he was able to make a great career for himself. My fav is Phil Phillips then Elise...so we'll see how tonight goes.
I personally think Jessica needs to go- she already has a career waiting for her. she doesn't need AI any longer.

Last edited by LQQKOUT; 04-26-2012 at 01:28 PM..

Old 04-26-2012, 01:30 PM

958 posts, read 2,139,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
P2 was utterly boring, especially with his copy and paste performances. He ditched the guitar so it would look like he isn't doing the same. P2 should of kept the guitar to disguise his bad singing.
Nothing "copy and paste" about his performances.
He isn't Freddie Mercury or Dave Matthews.
Thus far P2 hasn't been in the bottom three. As the show goes on it's possible however, up til now he hasn't.

Who has been in the bottom three?

Elise 4 times

Joshua 3 times

Hollie 3 times

Skylar once

Jessica was saved

Old 04-26-2012, 01:51 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,771,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeytrot View Post
Nothing "copy and paste" about his performances.
Are you joking? P2 sounds the same each week.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:03 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,892,871 times
Do we all think Elise goes tonight or someone else? I think it's her, but you never know.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:07 PM

2,611 posts, read 3,599,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Are you joking? P2 sounds the same each week.
It's just his recognizable voice. Remember Chicago? Peter Cetera had the distinct voice and some may argue his later songs sounded the same, but they were hits. Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons? Most of their songs sounded the same, but they were alot of hits. Beach Boys? Same thing.

Jen said it best. Though P2 sounds the same, there is a distinct difference in the songs he performs. He has that growly sound, but there is no denying it's P2 singing.

Jessica has a great voice in the ballads, but I think America doesn't relate/connect with her. She comes off as a little standoffish. That's why America likes Hollie more (though she really can't perform).

I really thought top 2 would have been Colton and Phillips, but i think it might be Joshua/Phillips or Skylar/Phillips. Skylar is WAYYYYYY better than last year's Elaina. Elise and Hollie are obviously the ones at risk of going home.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:07 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,794,230 times
Jessica needs to go and P2, watching him sing is painful. I'm hoping Skylar wins.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:30 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,771,554 times
Hollie's performance last night (the Miley Cyrus song) should keep her to the finals. It's going to be Hollie/Skylar in the finals. A tough competition between gobucks wife and mine.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:52 PM

908 posts, read 1,124,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
I think Phillip Phillips has a lousy voice and should've been gone a long time ago. Everytime I hear and see him sing, I feel like he is straining with every chord. I don't think I would stop if he was performing for free in some lounge in Vegas. JMO.
Raspy. I feel similarly. I like pretending to sing like him. I also don't get his appeal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV