Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 09:06 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,689,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorgirl2007 View Post
Spoiler
Not a big surprise tonight. In past seasons, with exception to Rubin Studdard and Clay Aiken, the top vocalists who should have made it into the top two didn't. Just look at Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson, and Adam Lambert (although Lambert made it into the top two, he didn't win) to name a few. Someone said it is a popularity contest. I agree, but I think voters did a better job this season at keeping the really good ones in the contest. It also helps that this was one of the best Idol seasons ever regarding the talent of the contestants. However, I have to say I was shocked that Joshua didn't make it. He will do fine though.
I agree, its really mute at this point, alot of top 12 will have a better life.
I see Skylar, Colton, P2, Joshua, and even Jessica will have record deals but I just havent figure out her genre of music yet. Even HeeJu will probably be on Glee or some comedy show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 09:20 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,892,871 times
Interesting development.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
JLo must be so happy about Lisa Presley's performance. Now JLo is no longer the worst celebrity singer on AI this season.

And I agree that Adam's performance was terrible. However, I've never been a fan of his so I'm not surprised.

Spoiler
I had hoped to see Joshua and P2 in the finals -- and P2 for the win, although I suspect it would have been close. I think America has just given the win to P2 (for which I'm very happy...I've been on P2's bandwagon since Hollywood Week).
So true about LisaMarie. She was not only god awful, but she is one weird chick. She looked like she was on heroin. I expected her to nod off.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:29 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,271,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I agree, its really mute at this point, alot of top 12 will have a better life.
I think you meant moot poiint .

Old 05-17-2012, 09:31 PM

In all honesty, I don't think I would be a huge Philip fan if he wasn't so darn cute. I like his voice, but there have been past contestants who were cute and quirky, but more interesting, such as Paul McDonald, Blake Lewis, and my all time fave, Danny Gokey. If Philip looked like a frog he would need a better voice. This coming from a Philip Fan.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:10 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,830,439 times
I am reporting from California so no need to use the Spoiler alert. I just want to say watching and hearing Joshua all these weeks brought me so much joy! He is so sweet and humble and boy can he sing!!! I am a country music fan but no matter what he puts out be it R&B or Gospel I am buying it, the first day it is released. In my opinion he was by far the best singer. What a class act he was at the end singing and bringing his Mom on stage. Thank you Joshua for sharing your gift with us.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:16 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,689,899 times
Do yall think Joshua knew before hand or as in prior posts in this thread he doesnt like Phillip.

He was standing closer to Jessica when Ryan was reading who made it through, with no eye contact towards Phillip and a like he resented Phillip after he was chosen.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:27 PM

5,363 posts, read 8,599,627 times
I am disappointed - I realized by the end of last night that I wanted Joshua to win this.

But I predicted that it would be Jessica and P2 in the finale.

Adam sounded horrible.

I hope Josh can have a good career anyway. Jennifer Hudson sure as heck didn't need to win AI!!!!!

Old 05-17-2012, 10:52 PM

2,611 posts, read 3,599,948 times
Well to those Jessica haters, at least no one "saved" has won American Idol, right? And where did all those votes come from? From almost being voted off early and now in the top 2? It should have been Joshua and P2, but either one would have beat Jessica, I think.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:03 PM

20,335 posts, read 37,395,841 times
Joshua has the best voice, and looks the most natural on the stage. I thought that he would win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV