Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2012, 06:56 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,266,870 times

Advertisements

The judges are just ridiculous. Seriously Randy, P2 wasn't horrible but settle down his final performance wasn't that good.

And they acted as if they were going to crown Jessica after her first two performances, but then crapped on her after her final performance. It wasn't great, but not as bad as they made it sound.

I still think Jessica wins this season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 06:56 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,531,396 times
OMG! What a disaster Jessica's "debut" song was. And what a WINNER P2's "debut" song was!!

Whoever came up with that song for Jessica just gave the win to P2.

ETA after reading the two posts above me...yes, P2's song was THAT good. Randy was right in calling it "perfect". Everything about it was so perfect.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
OMG! What a disaster Jessica's "debut" song was. And what a WINNER P2's "debut" song was!!

Whoever came up with that song for Jessica just gave the win to P2.

ETA after reading the two posts above me...yes, P2's song was THAT good. Randy was right in calling it "perfect". Everything about it was so perfect.
To each their own, but I wouldn't say Jessica's final song GAVE P2 the win.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:01 PM

18,968 posts, read 11,643,460 times
I agree, TFW - I was bored with them and sort of over the whole thing thinking it was just that I missed Joshua...then Philip sang that last song and *zing* - loved it! That was a stroke of genius. Still not sure who will win.

ETA: I will say, I'm getting tired of some of Jessica's affected little moves - especially how she throws a "hunh" of two into every song.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:02 PM

25,901 posts, read 16,626,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
The judges are just ridiculous. Seriously Randy, P2 wasn't horrible but settle down his final performance wasn't that good.

And they acted as if they were going to crown Jessica after her first two performances, but then crapped on her after her final performance. It wasn't great, but not as bad as they made it sound.

I still think Jessica wins this season.
Definitely agree. Jessica is the only real talent. P2 is just weird IMO. I would never buy anything he does.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:04 PM

Let me correct myself, when I said P2's performance wasn't that good, I didn't mean it was a bad performance. it WAS good, but not AS good as Randy was making it seem. Now, that's my opinion, but I wanted to explain what I meant..

Old 05-22-2012, 07:07 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,531,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
I agree, TFW - I was bored with them and sort of over the whole thing thinking it was just that I missed Joshua...then Philip sang that last song and *zing* - loved it! That was a stroke of genius. Still not sure who will win.

The voting public has a short memory. In my opinion (as a voter), Jessica's former beautiful performances have faded in everyone's memory and tonight was what counts.

I feel bad for Jessica because I think she could tell, after her last song, how the voting will go.

I cant wait to buy P2's debut song.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:19 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,244,090 times
In a post, April 15 I think, I commented on how I heard voices of past greats coming out of Phillip Phillips. One of the names I included was Garfunkel but meant Paul Simon (old age will do that to you) . After P2's last song Steven Tyler commented he heard some Paul Simon in that song.

I think P2 has barely scratched his surface of performance characteristics. Next stop... Glee Okay, just kidding but wouldn't be surprised to see Jessica in next year's class. P2's next stop surgery. Wishing him the best. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Nashville some fine awards night.

Speaking of which.... was good to see Scotty McCreery

Old 05-22-2012, 07:23 PM

18,968 posts, read 11,643,460 times
Oh Tofurkey, you had me til the Scotty comment - I think he turns me off even more now than when he was a contestant. He just rubs me the wrong way - ick. But...glad someone enjoyed him

Old 05-22-2012, 07:28 PM

I thought Jessica was going to win this. Now I'm almost thinking P2 will. Hmm, I expected this to be more one-sided and more clear-cut, but that's not the case for me now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV