Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2012, 06:50 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,659,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Uh-oh. DO you have Comcast/XFinity or another cable service that has ON DEMAND, so you can watch it over the weekend?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
No, but I've just found out that the AI website has all videos. So I can watch songs and no drama. Works for me!
I've already seen a few and the level is very good.
I don't see it on my On Demand lineup. Is there anywhere to watch full episodes? Neither FOX nor Hulu has them. FOX does have some videos, but I like to hear the judge's comments, etc. I can fast-forward through the drama!

I haven't watched in quite a few years, but there's something drawing me in this year. Coming late to the party!

I wonder if Fox isn't making the pre-24 shows available anywhere else, so to watch, you have to *gasp* watch the actual broadcast?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 06:59 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,477,599 times
Charlotte, I just presumed that it's available ON DEMAND. I'm sorry about that.

So glad you're joining the party! The AI thread is always fun -- lots of nice people!

I dont understand why FOX is concerned about secrecy over the Top 24. Every year, the identities of the Top 24 are revealed on the internet weeks/months before the televised show. In fact, I posted spoiler links here weeks ago identifying all 24 by name/photo. (If anyone wants the link again, send me a DM.)

Old 02-19-2012, 07:48 AM

251 posts, read 572,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
SunnyKayak - thanks for posting that FB comment by Johnny Keyser I think the guy already won. He sounds very grownup and on his way. He also has given us a peek into what's really going on with a lot of the more mature contestants -- they get enough notoriety to draw the attention of people who can help them, and now he doesn't have to go through the life-draining, ego-bashing, mind-numbing process of the AI meatgrinder. Good for him! Even if this is a PR ploy, it's brilliant. It makes him look really really good:
Johnny Keyser
You're all amazing! Thank God for American Idol! Not only did they give me a boatload of opportunity, an amazing experience, they put me in contact with outstanding musicians, lifelong friends, and ultimately gave me a purpose I've been searching for for my whole LIFE! I am so blessed to be a part of this show this year. Everyone who friended me, it's been an absolute pleasure going through this journey with you! I'm insanely excited for the future to unfold because I know my life has changed. Thank you American Idol! I'll miss ya!
Amen TrinityLove. This is just another means to an end. And for those who hang around Hollyweird, it really IS just another casting call. You either make it or you don't. If you look at it that way you'll survive this insanity. The kids who invested their entire egos and life purpose into winning or losing AI are simply not ready for primetime. Look at what fame has done to celebrities through the years - Jimmy Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Whitney Houston. And even Steven Tyler! If anything, I'd bet he is on this show to help them determine who won't be a train wreck if they get into the business. He would know.

This Is NOT a singing competition. It's a star competition. Singing great isn't enough. We even heard JLo say that when they were eliminating down to who would go to Vegas. Did you hear her? She said, "He's good, but he's not a star."
Great point about Steven Tyler helping determine who's got the potential to remain stable or not. If you've got the best voice in the world but are unstable emotionally, showbiz is NOT the best vocation for you.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:56 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,177,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinitylove View Post
Great point about Steven Tyler helping determine who's got the potential to remain stable or not. If you've got the best voice in the world but are unstable emotionally, showbiz is NOT the best vocation for you.
I don't think for a minute that the music industry cares if someone is stable or not. The industry just wants to drain what it can from these people. AI makes its money even if the winners are flops. The big money is in the advertising, text messages, sponsorships, affiliations, deals, etc.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:07 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,578,373 times
I have a strong inclination, Johnny was given a record deal. If you guys remember during auditions Randy & JLO both said he was going to be a star. Yesterday early in the day he posted he was going to sing national anthem in Colinsville IL.
Later in the day he posted he was not going and will be chilling in the hotub or practicing...
What did he end up doing singing National Athem.. Its not on youtube yet but his on his wall. Dont you love AI editing.
Someone had to pay for that flight from CA to Illinois. I dont think we heard last of him. Im just glad his FB page calmed down since I was friend-ed day he audition 3,000 more join and it was crazy to just follow.

I wonder if we will have our Sanjaya type this year or is that Cowboy.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I wonder if we will have our Sanjaya type this year or is that Cowboy.

I can guarantee you it's not Cowboy.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:10 PM

For those who watched AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 2 and/or like CLAY AIKEN: He's one of the contestants on CELEBRITY IDOL this season.

I've never watching the show but will watch this season as long as CLAY is on it. Each of the 18 celebrities is playing for his/her favorite charity.

Last night was the first episode and I'm watching it on the APPRENTICE website right now.

The Apprentice - Hero Worship - Video - http://www.nbc.com

Old 02-20-2012, 07:06 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,793,576 times
I think you meant to say Celebrity Apprentice !!!

Quote:
For those who watched AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 2 and/or like CLAY AIKEN: He's one of the contestants on CELEBRITY IDOL this season.

I've never watching the show but will watch this season as long as CLAY is on it. Each of the 18 celebrities is playing for his/her favorite charity.

Last night was the first episode and I'm watching it on the APPRENTICE website right now.

The Apprentice - Hero Worship - Video - http://www.nbc.com

Old 02-20-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
I think you meant to say Celebrity Apprentice !!!

DUH! Of course, you're right! Thanks!

Old 02-20-2012, 09:07 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,177,703 times
Quote:
I can guarantee you it's not Cowboy.
That's one spoiler I'm glad to hear!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV