Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 09:07 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,574,694 times

Advertisements

ABC did some serious handwringing when deciding what to title this show; it was pitched to them orginally as 'Good Christian *itches', retitled 'Good Christian Belles', and then they settled on 'GCB'.

ABC has another show entitled 'Don't Trust The *itch In Apt. 23' set to debut in mid-April.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 04:21 AM

261 posts, read 357,804 times
My husband is even enjoying this show, which is really weird because he only likes boring reality/documentary shows like gold rush or gold diggers or whatever that show is that he watched all weekend. We watched GCB last night and he almost fell out of the chair laughing during the cheerleading scene.

There are some fine looking men to watch too How come I always find the gay ones most attractive- Blake, Barney on How I Met Your Mother? I saw the previews for next week's show and I have to admit, I was surprised to see Cricket with a man. I don't know why but I thought they were going to have her character be a lesbian (since her husband is gay). That could have added some interesting storylines.

Overall I am enjoying this show, I hope it stays on for awhile. At this point ANYTHING is better than another reality tv show.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:16 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,410,779 times
I enjoyed the second episode much more than the first one. I can see how (as I learn the characters) it would grow on me. I am interested in how the daughter will handle the "Fox" designation, it sounds like she will go against the status quo.
And Gigi continues to crack me up.
I'll keep watching.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:17 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,142,068 times
I REFUSE to watch this low class show.

We tape it to edit out the commercials

Old 03-12-2012, 09:35 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,410,779 times
LOL! @ dynimagelv

Old 03-12-2012, 11:25 AM

40 posts, read 85,939 times
Default From a Texan

I've lived in several areas of Texas most of my life. I was a little disappointed in Annie Pott's pronunciation of kolache and javelina BUT the way she brushes that sprig of hair off her forehead is perfect. I have seen that a lot and think that little brush with the hand doesn't mess up the heavily sparyed hair.

I love watching "GCB" because it does remind me of some of the people I know and have met. Don't know any rich people but know several wanna be rich. cleoT, going to Sam Moon was a perfect day trip for a lot of office mates and am guilty of having some Sam Moon junk myself. "Bless their hearts!!" You're right it just won't be Texas if they don't throw in some "Bless his/her heart."

GCB also needs to show the offering two prayers. "Please forgive me for the sin I'm about to commit but please make it good." I thought this was a joke the first time I heard it but my loud laughter was met with a glassy stare.

I do love Texas and stuff like is on "GCB" makes it that much more charming to me.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:22 AM

261 posts, read 357,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrose09 View Post
I've lived in several areas of Texas most of my life. I was a little disappointed in Annie Pott's pronunciation of kolache and javelina BUT the way she brushes that sprig of hair off her forehead is perfect. I have seen that a lot and think that little brush with the hand doesn't mess up the heavily sparyed hair.

I love watching "GCB" because it does remind me of some of the people I know and have met. Don't know any rich people but know several wanna be rich. cleoT, going to Sam Moon was a perfect day trip for a lot of office mates and am guilty of having some Sam Moon junk myself. "Bless their hearts!!" You're right it just won't be Texas if they don't throw in some "Bless his/her heart."

GCB also needs to show the offering two prayers. "Please forgive me for the sin I'm about to commit but please make it good." I thought this was a joke the first time I heard it but my loud laughter was met with a glassy stare.

I do love Texas and stuff like is on "GCB" makes it that much more charming to me.
We went on a Family vaca to Dallas in 1997 and it was one of our best vacations. We LOVED Texas. Watching this show brings back memories of that vacation. Texas is a place I'd really love to be

Old 03-15-2012, 07:34 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,699,768 times
I believe this is one of the best sitcoms to come along in a while. What makes it so funny is that it depicts real christians and their real values. I love how they use the Bible to justify their actions.

Hopefully we will more comedy from the church of the nine commandments.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:19 AM

512 posts, read 862,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I believe this is one of the best sitcoms to come along in a while. What makes it so funny is that it depicts a certain group of real christians and their real values. I love how they use the Bible to justify their actions.

Hopefully we will more comedy from the church of the nine commandments.
I threw the bold in to tweak your post just a little. While I've met my fair share of hypocritical Christians everywhere (certainly not just Dallas) in this country, not every Christian thinks, talks or acts like this. Unfortunately, this is the biggest group that sticks out. But isn't that true of any group of individuals with like interests?

As a Christian who isn't afraid to admit the truth, you're right. That's what makes it so funny. These women, no matter how good they're trying to be inside, are the epitome of hypocrisy on the outside, and they don't even consciously realize it. But I think that leads a LOT of room for character arch, which is what stories are all about.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:17 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,044,070 times
I found the show hilarious! I will keep watching it. I do agree that the people who supposedly went to school together don't look similar in age at all, but i knew Chenowith was 42-43 and I knew Bibb was 36-37 so that is where I got that idea from before even watching the show.

I think it was just funny, not offensive and ditto on that silver street walker dress!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV