Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2011, 02:41 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,416,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
All I remember, Nan, is one night Mer and Der were lying in bed talking and they ended up making love and he seemed to forgive her.
That was it? Shoot, well I saw that. Pretty lazy writing for such a critical storyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
Better...still not as good as it used to be, but better! Did anyone get a good look at the vehicle near those 3 bodies? What was it?
LeeW - I didn't notice, other than some sort of black sedan. I wonder if it will end up being someone from the hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 03:04 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,831,756 times
Agreed, finally a good episode for Grey's!

Old 11-13-2011, 07:37 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,667,050 times
Yes, it was finally good again!
Wonder how long we will have to wait before it continues?
It is my first year of following shows so I am not familiar with the way it works, got into Greys by watching Netflix until this season. Anybody know? Thanks

Old 11-15-2011, 05:55 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,467,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post

So the one woman's husband died. Last time I saw this show it was still a "so he can have insurance" marriage with hints they'd eventually fall in love. When did they become like a real couple? Did they work well as such? (I'll just look it up anyway, but it might be a conversation starter)
I'm fuzzy on the details, but here's my vague memory. A few episodes ago there was a gigantic accident (maybe a plane crash?) and everyone was beside themselves with anguish over it. Teddi found herself sitting in Scott Foley's hospital room (he was back in for some procedure), wanting to talk and share how horrible her day was with him. He got mad and threw her out and told her to go cry on her new fiancé's shoulder.

At some point later in the episode someone said something about the person you love most in the world is the one you want to sit and talk to when things are rotten and suddenly Teddi realized that when she felt that way she didn't think to go to her fiancé, but to Scott Foley, and that made her realize she didn't really love the shrink guy but was in love with her husband. She rushed off to tell him as he was being wheeled into surgery and they've been mostly happily ever after since then, until last week when she stomped all over his new revelation that he wanted to go to medical school. Now she's going to feel guilty about that, too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanchoNan View Post

How did Mer and Der get back on friendly terms? Did he forgive her for messing up his trials? I must have been doing dishes or something because that one flew right by me.
allright, I'm really done now
Meredith asked Derrick why he didn't just leave her and he walked over to the wall where they had their post-it note vows hung up and said, "Because of this." And they realized they really did love each other even if they occasionally got really, really mad at each other.

Then sex happened.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:01 PM

Okay, here's the recap as posted to Television Without Pity as regards Henry & Teddy. Turns out my memory is kinda sucky. Oh well.

Henry & Teddy (Season 7 | Episode 22 | Aired on 2011.05.19)
:
[Henry is] back in the hospital for yet another procedure, and Teddy is saying her goodbyes before she leaves for Germany. Henry's on edge and isn't shy about making Teddy feel guilty for leaving, especially for a "rock star" like Andrew. He punctuates this with the breathy mock-roar of a crowd each time one of them says Andrew's name. Teddy finally starts to get annoyed but Henry maintains that his wife is leaving, so he's allowed to be annoying. When Teddy points out that she's not a real wife he one-ups her by pointing out that she is his real best friend, then. He does tell her sincerely to go be happy, though, and they share an incredibly sad hug. ...

Richard gathers what looks to be the entire hospital staff and lets them know that a 757 went down in Puget Sound, and that there are going to be something like 200 injured passengers. In case that wasn't enough, the hospital is also the crisis center so all of the families will be coming there to find their loved ones. ...

[All the airplane victims are dead and all the family members have been waiting in the hospital for news for hours.]

Teddy goes to see Henry and brings some pudding to share, but Henry informs her coldly that his nurse can bring him snacks. She's looking for comfort after two hours of informing people that their family members are dead, and is confused that Henry isn't his usual self. What she didn't realize is that Henry's limit was reached when they had their first emotional goodbye, and he's over it now. He tells her that he tried to be a gentleman but now he just wants her to leave. Teddy thinks he's joking but Henry informs her that letting her go was the most painful thing he's ever done, and that's including all of his 82 surgeries. He lashes out that he's not her security blanket, he's in love with her, and now she just needs to go take herself off to Germany and leave him alone. She gets up and leaves the room crying with her pudding cups in hand. ...

It seems even rock star trauma counselors can get beaten down by hours of death notifications. Andrew pages Teddy and tells her he just wanted to see her since when something like this happens you just want to be with someone you love. He gives her a big hug, but she is starting to look a little bit vexed. He tells her that they are on a flight the next morning and suggests they spend the night in a fancy hotel in a nice bath. She seems a little bit stunned, and he asks her if she is okay. ...

Teddy, much to Henry's chagrin, shows back up in his room and asks him to stand up. He angrily tries to order her away but she yells at him that she has to do something and he has to be standing for it. Henry is expecting (and dreading) a hug, but he finally gets out of bed. Teddy takes a step closer to him and then kisses him, to which Henry reacts with stunned silence. She smiles up at him and tells him that he is her husband, and she's falling in love with him. Now Henry is ready for it and goes in for another long and happy kiss.
I don't have the patience to dig through the recaps to figure out how wrong I was about Meredith & Derek.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:36 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,284,446 times
Thanks, Jill.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:13 AM

You're welcome, tami.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:41 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,290,458 times
Was Grey's Anatomy on last night? I'm not finding it on-line today.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:01 PM

27 posts, read 130,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Was Grey's Anatomy on last night? I'm not finding it on-line today.
I'm guessing no. It wasn't on my DVR this morning.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:03 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,290,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coddie View Post
I'm guessing no. It wasn't on my DVR this morning.
Thanks. I guess I can quit looking for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV