Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 12:10 PM

4,064 posts, read 5,648,652 times

Advertisements

Summer programming sure is crappy! Nothing much to watch. I hate anything like "reality" programs! Reruns are okay just for certain shows that I like enough to watch them. And thank God for PBS! I really enjoy some of their shows! But many evenings will still be just nothing to watch. Guess I'll get more done around the house. The garden needs work...but it gets really hot in Texas during the day and skeeters are around in morning and evening, so that limits the time outside. We can't travel, so no vacation as usual. So is this just me or do others have a long boring summer sometimes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 12:51 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,268,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
Summer programming sure is crappy! Nothing much to watch. I hate anything like "reality" programs! Reruns are okay just for certain shows that I like enough to watch them. And thank God for PBS! I really enjoy some of their shows! But many evenings will still be just nothing to watch. Guess I'll get more done around the house. The garden needs work...but it gets really hot in Texas during the day and skeeters are around in morning and evening, so that limits the time outside. We can't travel, so no vacation as usual. So is this just me or do others have a long boring summer sometimes?
I still have documentaries stored on the DVR from when I got the free month of natgeo. And don't forget netflix. If this summer is like the next I live sitting next to an AC and having it blow on the computer with the critters gathered round.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:41 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,983,838 times
Looking forward to Hatfields & McCoys -- looks like it could be pretty good!

Old 05-24-2012, 01:43 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
Looking forward to Hatfields & McCoys -- looks like it could be pretty good!
I agree, that has potential.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:57 PM

475 posts, read 648,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
There are 4 ongoing series that start new seasons this summer that you might enjoy, I certainly do:
1- Falling Skies on TNT
2- Alphas on SyFy
3- Warehouse 13 on SyFy
4- Covert Affairs on USA
The first three are science fiction related and if you like this genre these are fun to watch. Covert Affairs is an enjoyable not over the top spy show (CIA) entering it's third season.

Give them a try and let me know what you think. Oh I almost forgot there is another series starting this summer as well on TNT (I think) DALLAS!! I cannot believe they have exhumed this series that was my favorite show in the 1980's. I do hope that they do it well, though I have my doubts.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:28 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,991 times
I hear you! It will be a long hot summer and would be great if something good was on.
I am going to Netflix to start in on a few shows I never got into like Castle and The Good Wife if they have it for streaming.
I am also going to get into The Shield, will buy if I have to and sell when done.
Also if you haven't yet, get caught up with Breaking Bad on Netflix, I think the final season begins in July.
If anybody finds something good, we should post it here for all of us that can't take the summer heat and need our air conditioners!

Old 05-24-2012, 03:39 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,409,558 times
I enjoy summer programming, that's when I watch all the basic cable (USA, TNT ... ) channel shows.
Memphis Beat
The Closer
Rizolli & Isles
Suits
Burn Notice
That-one-about-the-shrink-for-the-sports-jocks

Old 05-24-2012, 04:08 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,767,175 times
RanchoNan

You're thinking of Necessary Roughness

It may be a long summer for some but I'm looking forward to it. Warm weather, cook outs, and of course my extensive list of summer programming:

USA
Burn Notice
Covert Affairs
Necessary Roughness
Royal Pains
Suits

SyFy
Warehouse 13
Alphas
Haven

TNT
Falling Skies
Rizzoli & Isles
The Closer (we FINALLY learn the identity of the leak)

My DVR's going to working overtime this year

Old 05-24-2012, 04:22 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,409,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesG73 View Post
RanchoNan

Yes! Thanks

Old 05-24-2012, 06:48 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesG73 View Post
RanchoNan

It may be a long summer for some but I'm looking forward to it. Warm weather, cook outs, and of course my extensive list of summer programming:

USA
Burn Notice
Covert Affairs
Necessary Roughness
Royal Pains
Suits

SyFy
Warehouse 13
Alphas
Haven

TNT
Falling Skies
Rizzoli & Isles
The Closer (we FINALLY learn the identity of the leak)

My DVR's going to working overtime this year
As am I.
Most of my favorite shows are on over the summer.

Adding to the excellent list above:
The Glades on A&E

Merlin on BBCA (yes, it is the same eps that aired on SyFy, but, I just LOVE those boys).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV