Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2013, 09:47 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,661,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
As uncomfortable as Cochran looked he didn't let that hold him back in the challenge.
I love Cochran, I feel like I'm watching an old Woody Allen movie when he is on screen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 09:48 AM

3,987 posts, read 5,021,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post
I have to agree - She should have kept quiet and let him dig his own grave.

I hated to see her go...I think Andrea should have gone home as well. Oh well...

And why does lil Hantz always find a pretty girl and think she needs to go home?!!?!?!?!?!
Hantz doesn't like the pretty girls because he can't handle being around them...he thinks of them as seductress' or something...because they're so pretty, they MUST be trying to lure him away from his wife cause he's so weak. Or some crap like that...that's how he was with Mikala in his season...REDONKULOUS!!!

I'm sad for Francesca, too...when she said "I'll eat this rock if I go home", I knew she was going home. Yea, that idiot Philip is beyond reasonable or anything human...REALLY don't care for him.

That being said, I wasn't nearly annoyed as I thought I'd be...it's funny how the favorites are paranoid. They are, I think, because they already know how each other is, except for Malcom. I really thought Cochran would be too sunburned to participate but HE DID...I was so proud. I've been that sunburned and I was out of commission for a week...fever, swelling, dehydration, pain, blisters...GAWD, the poor kid is in for it!

So...the popular good looking kids were talking and my husband looked over at me and said, "Did she really just say they were the best looking people there?" We sat in stunned silence for a couple of minutes and concluded, SHE (whoever) did actually say that. So yea, the poplular kids are REALLY irritating. ANother poster said something about NOT wanting to eat at their table - - - AMEN!!!!!

The scenery, as usual, is stunning. I'd not be floating in the water with the snakes but it really was quite spectacular. I'll be happy if Philip and/or Brandon leave next - everyone else I can take. Oh, I don't know what hijinx they'll be up to but I'm sure I can handle it! Will always love this show...

Old 02-14-2013, 10:29 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,225,740 times
Haven't read the rest of the thread since I just got my internet back yesterday but so far I am not liking the egotistical Reynold, Allie and the other two they hang with. Shamar did not impress me with his "break her wrist" comment and his fighting and sitting doing nothing while that bearded dude started to build the shelter. Why did he have to fight about it? Just do it like they eventually did. Stupid, stupid. After seeing that video of his stand off with the NYCPD, I think the guy has some anger issues and last night proved it IMO.

Francesqua (lol) at least made Survivor history last night. "They" put her and Phillip on the same show deliberatly just to see if it would happen again I'm sure.

Looks like the Hantz run may be over next week. I wonder what Brandon does to make himself a target this time so soon? The kid is pretty good at challenges and has better social skills than his uncle, so I wonder if it's just his name? Although he is a little hot headed just like the rest of the Hantzes.

Seems like this should be a good season.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:59 AM

3,987 posts, read 5,021,459 times
Shamar was quite annoying - I was wondering how long he was going to sit there and flap his jaw before finally helping. But it did seem like they all smoothed things over after that. Were you impressed with him putting his leg all the way back when he was stretching on the beach? For such a big muscular dude, I was shocked at his flexibility. Anyway...

I agree, Tami, that they pitted those two together...what a shame for FrancesQUA...hehe...

I don't think Brandon has better social skills than Russell...BUT...I do think if someone tells Brandon to shut up, he will, unlike Russell. That may be his saving grace...and yes, he's pretty good at challenges but you can just look in his eyes and see Cray Cray and her cousin Out of His Mind and you have to wonder how far he'll go!

I think this will be a good season...can't believe I'm saying that after I found out about "returning arg contestents" coming back!! I suppose I'll live!

Oh, the "break the wrist" comment...he clarified pretty quick that he meant "break her hold"....but was that just covering because Jeff's eyes popped out of his head??? Could be, not sure!!

Old 02-14-2013, 11:00 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,198,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
From Pippy's post: Survivor Caramoan Premiere - Jeff Probst Talks New Season and Celebrity Players : People.com

Quote by Jeff Probst "When deciding on returning players we first look at their popularity. It doesn't mean they have to be well liked, but they must be memorable for something. Then we look at their "story." Is there an expectation surrounding their return – i.e., did Phillip learn anything from playing with Boston Rob? Will Cochran finally stand up and be heard? Will Brandon be able to control his emotions? Can Malcolm finish what he started? With this group we felt each has a story worth telling".
Reading Jeff's quote Why would they call them Favorites?

Old 02-14-2013, 11:06 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,865,752 times
Stoopid DVR, I missed most of the show.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:20 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,198,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
You can get it online at CBS.com.Not as much fun as the DVR but at least you won't miss anything!!

Old 02-14-2013, 11:25 AM

28,111 posts, read 30,019,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Why is Francesca even considered a favorite when she was only on the show for 60 minutes. They're plenty other contestents that should have been on the show.
Yeah, I wondered the same thing. Whose favorite was she anyway?

Old 02-14-2013, 11:31 AM

28,111 posts, read 30,019,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I was so hoping Phillip would get voted off last night. Damn. I just hate watching him, so much it makes me want to turn the channel. He seems a bit toned down this year, but he annoys me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell030681 View Post
I would like to see Philip gone but then he adds drama to the whole thing right? I hate his pink/red underwear. Why not wear swim trunks? I don't get it.
I am so disgusted by Phillip. He could wear anything and I'd find him revolting. I honestly don't get why they didn't just get rid of him right off the bat. In his last time playing the game, people were talking about getting rid of him from the very start, but all anyone ever did was talk. Look how long he ended up staying. I'm afraid it's going to be the same thing this time around. There will be all this talk every week about voting Phillip off, but we'll end up having to watch him for weeks before they actually get rid of him. And his giving everybody a nickname was so juvenile!

Old 02-14-2013, 11:51 AM

4,363 posts, read 6,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Who exactly programs it?

At least you can catch it online, unless you have a Stoopid computer too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV