Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 02:35 PM

11,660 posts, read 12,749,402 times

Advertisements

I am so glad that Claudia is not entirely off the show. I love her character. I believe I caught a teeny tiny trivial anachronism when the son said "awesome" to Phillip. That slang term came after 1982. Does anyone know the name of the song that was played at the end? I wonder if Stan is going to eventually kill Nina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 08:44 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,268,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
I am so glad that Claudia is not entirely off the show. I love her character. I believe I caught a teeny tiny trivial anachronism when the son said "awesome" to Phillip. That slang term came after 1982. Does anyone know the name of the song that was played at the end? I wonder if Stan is going to eventually kill Nina.
Here Comes The Flood by Peter Gabriel. I collect songs from my favorite shows. Tune find is a good source if you don't recognize a song.

Find Music From TV and Movies - TuneFind

Old 03-13-2014, 10:42 PM

11,660 posts, read 12,749,402 times
Thank you

Old 03-15-2014, 10:48 AM

37,805 posts, read 41,091,164 times
Does anyone think that the current issue in the Ukraine with Russia will make people less sympathetic to characters Phillip and Elizabeth since they are working for the Russian government?

It seems to me the show paints Stan (the American) as the flawed character and Phillip and Elizabeth as the sympathetic ones just doing their job (like the family that was killed). I'm wondering in light of current events will viewers continue to swallow that.

Do you think it makes a difference how people feel about Phillip and Elizabeth if they were adults during the cold war?

Old 03-15-2014, 11:53 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,053,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Does anyone think that the current issue in the Ukraine with Russia will make people less sympathetic to characters Phillip and Elizabeth since they are working for the Russian government?

It seems to me the show paints Stan (the American) as the flawed character and Phillip and Elizabeth as the sympathetic ones just doing their job (like the family that was killed). I'm wondering in light of current events will viewers continue to swallow that.

Do you think it makes a difference how people feel about Phillip and Elizabeth if they were adults during the cold war?
It's a TV show.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:07 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,135,787 times
Im beginning to think that Nina is going to get pregnant and then that is really going to mess Stan's plan up big time . I don't think Stan will be able to kill her if he knows she is pregnant with his kid . I see that coming down the line . How many of you think the same thing ?

Old 03-16-2014, 05:11 PM

2,098 posts, read 2,507,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Im beginning to think that Nina is going to get pregnant and then that is really going to mess Stan's plan up big time . I don't think Stan will be able to kill her if he knows she is pregnant with his kid . I see that coming down the line . How many of you think the same thing ?
I think we're going to see this twist, but not with Nina and Stan, with Clark and Martha... maybe both. I don't like surprise pregnancy plots. They're overdone.

Quote:
I'm just trying to figure out if she (Nina) has a good chance of being bumped off this season.
I hope not, but I think she's the second most likeliest semi-regular character to be killed after Martha. It's a shame because Nina is interesting and I hope they keep her around.

Old 03-16-2014, 05:22 PM

Nina is NOT a semi-regular character. She (Annette Mehendru) is listed as one of the stars of the show.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:14 AM

37,805 posts, read 41,091,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
It's a TV show.
Let me ask you which adversaries you silently root for on the show, Stan and the FBI or Philip and Elizabeth and why?

Old 03-17-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Let me ask you which adversaries you silently root for on the show, Stan and the FBI or Philip and Elizabeth and why?
I don't root for anyone. I watch it, and ALL TV shows, to be entertained.
It is NOT real life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV