Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2015, 05:58 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,263,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Believe me, I get where you are coming from, I have those uncomfortable feelings about him at moments too, but, I think it's more a man living on the brink and trying to survive in a way he feels more adept at wrong or right, more wrong for sure. I do think early on he was trying to help support his brother or something like that, I've missed a little of the dialogue here and there, so, I'm not 100 percent sure. But, yes, at moments, I'm left feeling as you which is one of the reasons I never wanted to watch BB in the beginning, but it turned out to be such a great show on character development, human behavior and what motivates some people, that, I just couldn't turn away. Walter White in the long run, wasn't much better than Saul when push came to shove, he was so much worse, just masking it till the beast was released. LOL. It didn't take all that much of a push to make WW turn into a bad guy just a more of a push to turn him into a real monster of a guy.
BCS is a show about a crook who tried to go straight. But he keeps finding out that all the world is crooked --- business, lawyers, cops, government officials. Every time Jimmy tries to do the right thing, he's faced with a situation where he is tempted to compromise. The show is about the guy trying to find his moral center. We know where he ends up after years of bad choices. But the journey is fascinating to watch.

At least in the last episode, it was really hard to fault Jimmy for the whole billboard stunt. Yeah, he's scamming, but he's using a scam to defeat a scummy law firm. It's really hard not to cheer for him.

I'm loving the show so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 09:39 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times
^^GREAT synopsis !!! It really isn't to far from everyday life of each of our own if we stop to think about it. No we don't have criminals running us down our decisions in life are choices daily. Really spot on.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:13 AM

3,405 posts, read 3,449,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
He talks about it a little in Breaking Bad, how a Jewish name makes more sense as a lawyer (I don't remember exactly what he said), but they also dropped some breadcrumbs in the first episode when Chuck talked about how he should find his own identity instead of riding on someone else's coat tails/ name. Be patient. It's only the third episode and he is still going by Jimmy. They are showing his transformation.
In the rolex con in the alley thr guy asks jimmy his name and he says its sol good as in (its all good) so he must work off that into sal goodman later on.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
It's all good man = Saul Goodman
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
In the rolex con in the alley thr guy asks jimmy his name and he says its sol good as in (its all good) so he must work off that into sal goodman later on.
You mean like that up there in post #184

Old 02-26-2015, 01:54 PM

3,405 posts, read 3,449,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
You mean like that up there in post #184
Sort of. But that post didnt mention when he was asked his name he actually said its sal good man not its all good man. At least thats how i heard it.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Sort of. But that post didnt mention when he was asked his name he actually said its sal good man not its all good man. At least thats how i heard it.
That is exactly where the connection will come into play later when he changes his name we'll wait & see.

Old 02-26-2015, 02:04 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,544,162 times
I'm really liking this Show so far!

Old 02-26-2015, 02:35 PM

17,579 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Wonder if we get to see his second wife.. The one he caught in bed with his stepfather.

That's the real problem.. They put some things in BB that, I think, were meant to be throwaway comments, that they're going to have a hard time backing up now..

Old 02-26-2015, 05:52 PM

850 posts, read 1,026,542 times
To me Saul/Jimmy is a long wink at the classic lawyer joke theme. (in my view, US legal system = parasite overwhelming the host animal) Anyway, list me amongst those who love this show.

Old 02-26-2015, 06:59 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,958,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayway View Post
To me Saul/Jimmy is a long wink at the classic lawyer joke theme. (in my view, US legal system = parasite overwhelming the host animal) Anyway, list me amongst those who love this show.
I liked when he was talking to the old woman and she said I thought half the lawyers out there were idiots (or stupid or something like that), and then Jimmy comes back and says "and the other half are crooks," and gets her laughing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV