Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you like how Lost Season Finale played out?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 23 36.51%
It was just OK 13 20.63%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 10:30 AM

2,212 posts, read 5,160,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetheart1311 View Post
LOL Definitely! I agree.
I hate when threads become "he's so hot" threads, but I just had to say it. I can move on now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 10:40 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,019,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Now we know the origins behind the Island is Religious and not Science Fiction as many theorized. The Heaven/Hell or Good vs Evil theory was the correct theory

I do not believe it was safe to assume that the island is religious. Smokey was only telling Richard it was hell because that is what he needed to tell him to get him to do what he needed to do.

It has become apparent that Smokey finds people's weakness and uses it to manipulate them by telling them what they want to hear or need to hear.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
So...a few BIG things still left unanswered. What's the difference between a candidate and someone like Richard, Ilana and Doggin? How did Jacob know that a kid would make a good candidate since they don't come to the island until they're adults? Were Ilana and Doggin the same as Richard...brought to the island with others who were killed then those 3 were found by Jacob and recruited to help him?

It seems that people like Richard, Ilana, Doggin are more like employees of Jacob. For whatever reason, they are not candidates but work for Jacob.

Doggin said that Jacob approached him and asked him to come to the island in exchange for saving his son's life.

I imagine that we will get Ilana's story eventually.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:48 AM

So...does anyone think it's odd that Jacob has been named but the MIB has specifically never been referred to by his name? This is something big and no coincidence that no one has ever called him by his name.

I was wondering if anyone thinks the statement Flocke made about "Aaron's mother is crazy too" right after he told Kate that the MIB's mom was insane is a big clue. There are a lot of people on the island without mothers...Ben, Locke, Sawyer, and even Aaron.

Also, I watched the episode again from 2 weeks ago (the one with Claire in the hole at the temple), I don't think the song she was singing "Catch a Falling Star" was a coincidence. "Falling Star" possibly equals "fallen angel?" In biblical terms, the Devil is a fallen angel. The song continued as Flocke gathered his group and Kate hesitantly went with them.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
It has become apparent that Smokey finds people's weakness and uses it to manipulate them by telling them what they want to hear or need to hear.
From next week's previews, looks like Sun is going to be tested by Flocke to get to see Jin again.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:57 AM

2,029 posts, read 4,047,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
If Jacob and Richard are supposed to be such good guys why did they wipe out the entire Dharma Initiative except for Ben? Was DI really that evil that everyone had to be killed including women and children?
Very good question! And why did it seem like Ben controlled smokie in the past? He set smokie loose on the freighter team. So who does smokie work for...Jacob or MIB or the island?

It was a great episode last night. I wish I'd been feeling better. I need to watch it again after I do feel better.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:57 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,573,693 times
I'm a little lost here, help me out. Is MIB Smokey/Flocke? I can't figure out who you're talking about.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
Very good question! And why did it seem like Ben controlled smokie in the past? He set smokie loose on the freighter team. So who does smokie work for...Jacob or MIB or the island?

It was a great episode last night. I wish I'd been feeling better. I need to watch it again after I do feel better.
Ben didnt control him, he had the ability to "summon" him if needed.

I dont think Smokey works for anyone.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:09 PM

600 posts, read 1,611,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
I hate when threads become "he's so hot" threads, but I just had to say it. I can move on now.
OK, I am just going to say one thing: I bet men reading that comment about Richard thought "WTH? Now that he's all dirty, sweaty and hairy - NOW he's even HOTTER???" LOL.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:12 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,371,841 times
awesome episode (didn't get to watch it live last night, but saw it on abc.com). yes, Richard is looking much hotter now (he really should keep his hair longer, IMO!). a few things that stuck out for me:

-the scene where MIB tells Richard how to kill Jacob is almost word-for-word exactly what Dogen said to Sayid when he sent him off to kill MIB/Flocke. makes me wonder how Dogen, an apparent "employee" of Jacob knew to saw those exact words. you have MIB telling Richard that Jacob is the devil, and you apparently have Jacob telling his followers that MIB is the devil. interesting, especially since it appears in both scenarios that neither can be killed (well, we don't know if Richard could have killed Jacob since Jacob kicked Richard's butt before he could try). I wonder if MIB could have been killed before he got into Locke's body and, if so, did Jacob try at all

-I liked the metaphor of the Island being the cork. it makes me wonder about the Island moving and the frozen donkey wheel. did the Island skipping through time dislodge the cork in any way? I ask b/c I'm still trying to figure out who told Locke to move the Island. We know it was Christian in the cabin, but who was he speaking for? what was even the point of moving the Island, since we know see Widmore has found it? was MIB trying to "dislodge" the cork, so to speak?

-anyone else drawing the parallel of Jacob keeping MIB on the Island to Locke keeping the Losties on the Island? Locke had his reasons, but I wonder what are Jacob's reason and who is he keeping MIB on the Island
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV