Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 12:04 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,076,437 times

Advertisements

For me it's "Big Brother." I know that many people absolutely love it (there are threads here that are dozens of pages long!!) but I find that utterly incomprehensible. I have watched a few minutes at a time when it has just been on (e.g. channel 3) and every single time it has simply been a bunch of unpleasant people sitting around talking about other unpleasant people. I ask myself Why, why, why would anyone want to watch this?

No offense meant to anyone -- I am sure I watch some shows that YOU would find horrible!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 12:13 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,703,194 times
Duck Dynasty ugh...

Old 08-20-2013, 12:50 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
Big Brother...try as I might, I just cannot figure out what makes it interesting. My son adores this show, so I've watched it often, but I just can't stand it.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:00 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,190,523 times
Two and a half men..They just should have let it die a few years ago instead of trying to change and keep going after Charlie left.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:48 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,823 times
Gosh, that would be a long list. I've never seen Big Brother or Duck Dynasty, I don't get the appeal either. But as far as shows I actually tried to watch because they were popular and had good reviews, I would say Mad Men, Homeland, or Downton Abbey. No, they aren't the "worst ever" - at least the acting was decent - but I couldn't stand them.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:07 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,076,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Big Brother...try as I might, I just cannot figure out what makes it interesting. My son adores this show, so I've watched it often, but I just can't stand it.
Completely agree!!! I am flabbergasted that people find interesting watching a bunch of people sit around talking about each other. If I had to watch that show for some reason (there ARE some shows that I watch for my job!), I think I would shoot myself after 5 minutes.

ETA: I just read through some of the thread posts on Big Brother ... looks like the show is what I thought it was (a bunch of nasty people talking to/about a bunch of other nasty people) ... mind-numbing!!

Last edited by karen_in_nh_2012; 08-20-2013 at 04:35 AM..

Old 08-20-2013, 03:13 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
The Office.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:33 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,728,132 times
South Park, Family Guy, and The Office.

I find myself tuning people out when they start a conversation with a reference to any of those three shows.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:34 AM

3,983 posts, read 5,016,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Completely agree!!! I am flabbergasted that people find interesting watching a bunch of people sit around talking about each other. If I had to watch that show for some reason (there ARE some shows that I watch for my job!), I think I would shoot myself after 5 minutes.

ETA: I just read through some of the thread posts on Big Brother ... looks like the show is what I thought it was (a bunch of nasty people talking to/about a bunch of other nasty people) ... mind-numbing!!
Well, if you read through parts of the Big Brother thread, you probably have seen my name 800 times. I absolutely get that a LOT of people don't like that show. What I absolutely don't get is why the need to put down the people who do.

There are many shows that I cannot get into...and it seems like I should. Mad Men is a good example. I've heard it's good, the acting looks good, it's won awards. I don't really care for it though. However, I would never say that the people who watch it are idiots or mind numbingly boring or make assumptions to the reasons why so many different people watch these shows.

I just want to say that making assumptions to the people who watch is faulty. As the thread title says, what shows do you think are the worst....NOT how stupid are the people that watch the shows I hate... just sayin'.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:36 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,636,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
Well, if you read through parts of the Big Brother thread, you probably have seen my name 800 times. I absolutely get that a LOT of people don't like that show. What I absolutely don't get is why the need to put down the people who do.

There are many shows that I cannot get into...and it seems like I should. Mad Men is a good example. I've heard it's good, the acting looks good, it's won awards. I don't really care for it though. However, I would never say that the people who watch it are idiots or mind numbingly boring or make assumptions to the reasons why so many different people watch these shows.

I just want to say that making assumptions to the people who watch is faulty. As the thread title says, what shows do you think are the worst....NOT how stupid are the people that watch the shows I hate... just sayin'.

I absolutely agree Shellnic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV