Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 08:37 AM

15,154 posts, read 27,850,526 times

Advertisements

2 Broke Girls is horrible IMO - so predictable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 08:37 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,641,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
Duck Dynasty ugh...

That's my pick as well.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:10 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,066,670 times
Two and a Half Men
True Blood

Old 08-20-2013, 11:57 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,122,025 times
Lost.

I watched a few episodes because it was supposed to be so great, but never developed an interest in it.

I Love Lucy.

There are maybe 2 or 3 episodes I think are funny. The rest are all the same plot, done over and over. Lucy wants to be in the show. She does something ridiculous. Ricky says "Lucy you have some 'splaining to do." Lucy goes wah wah wah. Etc.

The Golden Girls.

As a retiree, I love the idea of a show about retirees sharing a home. Too bad these gals are so boring. Wish someone would try this idea again but with more interesting/believable plots and characters.

All In The Family.

Almost didn't include this one because there are some episodes I think are outstanding. Still, when I'm flipping channels and come across All In The Family, the odds are it'll be an episode that seems stupid to me. Too many episodes centered on how funny and outrageous it was to have Archie say bigoted things or to hear him get into arguments with his hippie son in law. I dunno, maybe it was funnier back in the 70s. Seems boring to me now--I usually watch for a minute or so and then give up and keep flipping channels.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:29 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,639,993 times
Seinfeld, MASH and Friends

Old 08-20-2013, 06:21 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,402,823 times
As far as Big Brother goes, I liked the first season. It was something new and different, but after that I just didn't care for it.

For me it has to be Dr. Who.

Old 08-20-2013, 07:46 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,099,868 times
I was in the kitchen, TV on in another room, top of the hour changed, different program came on, I was listening to some of the most inane, really stupid dialogue. Had to go into the room to see what program was it.
It was 'Big bang theory', a show I see a thread on here where people think it's the funniest show ever on TV. Not funny at all. I'd watch the color bar test pattern on channel 35-4 before I'd ever watch that show again.
Any of the 'house wives of.... shows. What a waste of TV time.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:55 PM

6,489 posts, read 6,701,763 times
Bachelor/Bachelorette, Duck Dynasty, Lost

It would be hard for me to sit through any of those even if you paid me.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:08 PM

10,054 posts, read 18,118,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
Well, if you read through parts of the Big Brother thread, you probably have seen my name 800 times. I absolutely get that a LOT of people don't like that show. What I absolutely don't get is why the need to put down the people who do.
ShellNic, I actually didn't notice any of the posters' names in the Big Brothers threads -- just skimmed through some of the comments. I thought maybe I had missed something that the show was about since I have ONLY ever seen a bunch of unpleasant people sitting around talking about a bunch of other unpleasant people. The comments I skimmed suggested that that WAS what the show was about (although it was a small sampling).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
There are many shows that I cannot get into...and it seems like I should. Mad Men is a good example. I've heard it's good, the acting looks good, it's won awards. I don't really care for it though. However, I would never say that the people who watch it are idiots or mind numbingly boring or make assumptions to the reasons why so many different people watch these shows.

I just want to say that making assumptions to the people who watch is faulty. As the thread title says, what shows do you think are the worst....NOT how stupid are the people that watch the shows I hate... just sayin'.
I wrote that I was flabbergasted that some people find the show interesting because I find THE SHOW mind-numbing; I didn't say that the people who watch it are mind-numbing or stupid. My mother (who is in her 70s) loves the show and she is one of the smartest people I have ever known.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:12 PM

454 posts, read 795,022 times
Comedy (or try to be funny) shows: Two & a Half Men, Seinfeld, South Park, The Simpsons, Family Guy. Never elicited even a half-smile from me.

Other shows: American Idol, X-Factor, The Voice... the performers all start to sound alike after a while
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV