Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2014, 11:10 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,827,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I left out Alex he might be the dark horse, I think I said it earlier he could actually win this for two reasons WGWG and humbleness as it seems most prior winners are humble and from small towns.
I like his music style and he has written a lot of music.

I think he use to be in a marching band by the way when he gets really into a song he will march in place anyone else notice that and it looks like he was a drummer or use trobone by his stiffness of his shoulders.

I agree Malaya has vastly improved but Im not sure what her music style is.
Agree! I really like Alex too and I like his humble spirit. I think Caleb can really sing but his personality is turning me off. I know this show is about singing but you need the total package to make it. I feel like Caleb feels he has this competetion won.

Malaya is fun to watch because she is just so kookie, not the best singer but I hope she makes it a while longer. She is just fun to watch.

Sam does seem very uncomfortable and I thought his singing during the save was pretty blah. Jennifer always gives the good news, when someone is saved, and Keith/Harry the bad news when they don't use it. The minute she opened her mouth I knew Sam was saved.

I am totally 1,000% into country music but find CJ hard to understand at times. I do love his humble spirit too. Dexter is likable but really he has a very average voice and he does not get creative with the songs. I know his songs because I know county.

Many of the pop songs I don't know so it is harder for me to judge those.

No matter what still a better season than last in terms of the judging, 1000% better. Last year actually preferred the top three singers compared to this year, loved all of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 11:40 AM

18,077 posts, read 27,533,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
It's funny that some of the shows winners were not even as successful as Kelly Pickler, David Archuletta, and Elliot Yasmin.
David Archuletta was the runner-up of the 2008 season, put out about three albums then went on a 2-year mission for his church, came back from that and put out three albums since then. Some of his fame and success is from abroad. He's sold over a million albums and over 3 million tracks in the US.

I don't hear much from him without consciously looking for his stuff, but he was one of my wife's favs. He was 16 during his turn on AI!

I was surprise they saved Sam but would rather see CJ go before he does. Maybe both next week. The problem with the save is that it was only good for another week or so anyway from what I'd heard. I like Sam's voice but he's been boring. He's got one more week to work on it. He's got good talent though. CJ is scary to listen too. He did do better this week though, but he's got a pitch problem.

Last edited by McGowdog; 04-04-2014 at 11:51 AM..

Old 04-04-2014, 12:17 PM

4,351 posts, read 4,736,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Say there was a summer concert in your city for, say, $20 a ticket...no,
you have to drive an hour...
who would you go see? Who creates enough interest to want to see them
perform?
Well, since I live right in Nashville, I wouldn't drive an hour to see any of them!

But if they were here, I'd pay to go see Alex. Maybe Jessica. None of the rest. Caleb is a one-trick pony so far.

As for last night, I really would like to know what the judges were saying to each other and what Harry was writing on the paper. Silly waste of a save.

LOVED DAUGHTRY! He might be my all-time fave AI contestant.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:36 PM

699 posts, read 1,017,023 times
Finally starting to enjoy idol again.
Love the judges....they seem to genuinely like one another. Don't like to make comparisons bc they are two different type shows but I enjoy their interplay much more than the silly same old antics of the Voice judges.

IMO the most improved contestant so far is Jena. She has a solid shot at winning it all.
Alex is the most talented IMO but don't think he can win it.
My fav performance this week was their duo....just give me a reason.^^

Malaya should have waited a year before trying out.....she does not know who she is musically.
Caleb, Jessica -both very confident in who they are.
CJ, Dexter,Sam will be next to leave in no particular order, IMO

Old 04-05-2014, 05:09 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,725,904 times
I like the "new" Idol, but something is missing and i think the missing ingredient, besides a lot of average singers, is passion. Sam got saved but he really sort of 'mailed it in' with his save song, there was no tears, no desperation, no deep "hurt" in his voice during that song, just la de dah blah blah blah.

None of them are singing like their lives depend on this, if they lose, they just go home to mom and dad and live their lives after their 15 mins of fame is up. Zero percent chance any of them 'make it big' there are singers who are Idol Alums who are 10 x better than any of the singers here and you never hear about THEM, so why would we hear about any of these people?

Here's a "battle round" on the Voice, you know these 2 singers are much better than anything AI has this year.

Tess Boyer vs. Jake Worthington: "Have a Little Faith in Me" (The Voice Highlight) - YouTube

Old 04-05-2014, 05:30 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,591,254 times
AI should do more changes and have the bottom two sing for their life against each other. I vaguely remember didnt they start the show this year doing that.

I pondered on why Sam is the way he is. I think it stems from the environment he grew up in, bless his heart. I also thought maybe he on Prozac or not into girls. When Ryan teases him about girls there is no reaction.

I think from prior seasons it was getting to point a save had to be used. I think only one week he wasnt in bottom 3 so his time was coming due to his lack of stage energy.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 04-05-2014 at 06:32 AM..

Old 04-05-2014, 05:32 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,451,467 times
Wow, whatta Youtube from the Voice!!
Thank you.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:32 PM

550 posts, read 986,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
I like the "new" Idol, but something is missing and i think the missing ingredient, besides a lot of average singers, is passion. Sam got saved but he really sort of 'mailed it in' with his save song, there was no tears, no desperation, no deep "hurt" in his voice during that song, just la de dah blah blah blah.

None of them are singing like their lives depend on this, if they lose, they just go home to mom and dad and live their lives after their 15 mins of fame is up. Zero percent chance any of them 'make it big' there are singers who are Idol Alums who are 10 x better than any of the singers here and you never hear about THEM, so why would we hear about any of these people?

Here's a "battle round" on the Voice, you know these 2 singers are much better than anything AI has this year.

Tess Boyer vs. Jake Worthington: "Have a Little Faith in Me" (The Voice Highlight) - YouTube
Eh I wasn't impressed with either of those singers. 4 singers on Idol this season are still better than them.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:19 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,451,467 times
I listened again online to Alex's version of Sting's song....I would buy his CD
If he sang like that all the time...this kid is something.

Caleb excellent again.

I just think it is between them, sorry....no one else grabs me....tho all of them can sing.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:43 PM

18,077 posts, read 27,533,443 times
CJ sounded awful and they give him a pass? His pitch and his confidence are shot.

Malaya sounded a lot better than the judges gave her credit for.

I thought Caleb was so-so but he did what the stupid judges told him to, so they would look extra-stupid for criticizing him on that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV