Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2010, 12:57 AM

2,209 posts, read 4,223,519 times

Advertisements

I loved Mondo's print, stunning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 06:50 AM

7,365 posts, read 5,479,265 times
Didn't get to see the whole show last night but saw Mondo tell everyone he has HIV. Very brave of him and I wish him the best and he's a good designer too, loved his print.
I wasn't surprised Valerie went home, she probably should have gone a few weeks ago.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:47 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,166,769 times
I don't care much for Valerie's designs but the way she said goodbye to everyone was quite eloquent. Mondo's revelation made me cry which is definitely a first for PR. Next week appears to be back to the usual catfighting and bitchiness...phew!

Old 10-01-2010, 11:12 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,680,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
Didn't get to see the whole show last night but saw Mondo tell everyone he has HIV. Very brave of him and I wish him the best and he's a good designer too, loved his print.
I wasn't surprised Valerie went home, she probably should have gone a few weeks ago.
Being HIV positive isn't a death sentence anymore, and there's a lot less isolation because of it than there was 20 years ago. Not saying it's no big deal, but it's not anywhere near the problem or issue it was back in the 80s and 90s.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:58 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,739,820 times
Great episode! I loved the emotion behind everyone's fabric. Mondo's was truly beautiful.

I was surprised how some of the fabrics didn't come out that great looking. They were eh...

Old 10-01-2010, 02:16 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,788,054 times
guess I'm in the minority on this one.
I don't want to hear sob stories about fabric
I thought all the prints were ugly and stupid and un-imaginative.
I thougth all the outfits were flat out boring and ugly. No one desreved to win.
I also don't get why people get so freakin emotional when they see family members they have seen all their lives.

OK-rant over. Don't everyone go off on me--it's just MHO.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:00 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,197,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
guess I'm in the minority on this one.
I don't want to hear sob stories about fabric
I thought all the prints were ugly and stupid and un-imaginative.
I thougth all the outfits were flat out boring and ugly. No one desreved to win.
I also don't get why people get so freakin emotional when they see family members they have seen all their lives.

OK-rant over. Don't everyone go off on me--it's just MHO.
The family member emotion seemed way over the top to me, but I think it might happen because they work them so hard and they are under so much stress, and I'm sure there is a lack of sleep, and lack of proper eating.

IDK, maybe the producers just tell them to cry and act like they haven't seen their family in years.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:24 PM

36,416 posts, read 16,024,816 times
I liked Mondo's design, not so much the fabric until it was all put together. I liked April dress too.

I never like Gretchens designs.

I guess it would be emotional if you haven't seen family for 3 months but it really did throw a curve to their thoughts and emotions and designs.

It was time for Valerie to go, I never liked her designs either.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:44 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,680,491 times
I'm glad Valerie finally left. That gigantic freaky hairy mole on her arm was grossing me out. I mean, I understand that people get moles and that hair can grow on them, but damn, girl...you've got scissors right there. Trim the wig off the mole already! It's disgusting!

Old 10-02-2010, 12:07 AM

3,110 posts, read 5,384,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
The family member emotion seemed way over the top to me, but I think it might happen because they work them so hard and they are under so much stress, and I'm sure there is a lack of sleep, and lack of proper eating.

IDK, maybe the producers just tell them to cry and act like they haven't seen their family in years.
I think they've been so focused and stressed and lost in this weird New York Fashion world that family members were a welcome sight. But It also threw their game, which I think was on purpose. It's certainly an interesting way to find out who is the most stable. My money is on Mondo to take this. He's won the most times and he's the most consistent in his aesthetic.

I'm so bummed. I'll be on an airplane next week during the show! It looks interesting. Although they have had a lot of "not materialized" teasers ... but this time I saw flying objects and someone is told they won't be coming back. From the teaser, it looked like he was talking to Gretchen. Anybody else got a take on this one?

I'm going to take a chance here. I think Tom & Lorenzo are so tied into this show (they are included on the Project Runway Page) that I'm thinking it's ok to post this link. (If not, I apologize, Mods.) What they say about the families visiting and Mondo is so right on and really poignant.

Last edited by R_Cowgirl; 10-02-2010 at 12:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV