Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2012, 11:37 AM

3,086 posts, read 7,622,755 times

Advertisements

I think Michael's look was far better than Jerrell's. The first looked like something you would see fashionable celebrities wearing where the second looked like something created by throwing all kinds of things together just to be different.

I thought Austin's looked very Stepford Wives and it made me shudder. Kara's looked just simple, but it did have a bit of elegance to it. So maybe she won by default.

Rami's was like he made this tough shoulder plate and then had no idea what to do for the rest, so he just draped the fabric from the top. The puke green shirt hanging down to show at the bottom of the jacket was not fashionable at all and the shirt was horribly made. (I totally agree with the looking like scars comment!) MIla's looked very Mila and was boring to me. She definitely won by default.

Kenley's was cute, I'll give her that. But so very few women COULD actually wear that and most would not. Mondo's on the other hand could easily be worn by lots of women. My bone to pick there is they were beating him up over his accessories....and um, NEIMAN MARCUS provided those!! So if anyone should be criticized then it should be the store who supplies the accessories to choose from. Obviously if it's on the wall, then they think it's current fashion. Just sayin'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 03:25 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,774,415 times
I was shocked this week. It made no sense. Each person that I thought was going to be in the bottom was in the top. I loved Mondo's use of patterns and color. It looked sharp. Austin's look wasn't great, but as they said, the pants were impeccable. I thought Rami's look was fantastic!!!!! I liked Michael's better too. Strange.......hard to be a designer!

Old 02-11-2012, 06:21 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,386,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
My bone to pick there is they were beating him up over his accessories....and um, NEIMAN MARCUS provided those!! So if anyone should be criticized then it should be the store who supplies the accessories to choose from. Obviously if it's on the wall, then they think it's current fashion. Just sayin'.
It wasn't the accessories themselves - they were all fine - separately. It was the way he put it all together that didn't work.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:50 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,622,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
It wasn't the accessories themselves - they were all fine - separately. It was the way he put it all together that didn't work.
They specifically criticized the bracelet and bag as being 80's ish....in addition to the hair styling.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:57 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,155,634 times
Rami shouldn't have gone home. Straight or gay, he was the only eye candy.

Austin's design was so disgusting.

I liked Michael's design much better than Jerrel's. He should have used boots though.

Hated Kenley's outfit. Mundo's wasn't great but Kenley's was childish.

OMG, Mila's cape was UGLY!

I don't know why they gave Kara a hard time. Her outfit was weekend wear.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:13 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,386,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocore View Post
They specifically criticized the bracelet and bag as being 80's ish....in addition to the hair styling.
80's inspired jewelry is not a bad thing - there is a lot of 80's influence in fashion right now - but put together with 50's styled hair, and a straw bag, and those shoes? He was all over the place, which is kind of Mondo's style - but in this case they just felt he went too far off course.

It wasn't the items on their own - there is no way Lifetime would allow any real criticism of their sponsors products. But put together badly by the designer? That is definitely open for critique!

Old 02-12-2012, 12:04 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,170,127 times
I agree w/most of what you guys have said. I'm so upset that Rami got sent home over Austin! I was so looking forward to a Mondo/Rami showdown at the end (though I guess it's going to be easier to choose someone to root for now...) Austin's outfit was not cutting edge or fashion forward in the slightest...made me think of Laura Bush or an upscale soccer mom. Mila's cape with the red arms poking out looked like some kind of weird costume. I didn't get it. Kenley's romper was perfectly cute & all but all of her stuff is so similar, just one retro piece after another, there's no progress as a designer involved when she keeps banging out the same 40s / 50s designs over & over with polka dots and bows.

And Kara is so, so boring...the fact that she is still there over Rami is impossible for me to fathom! What is her aesthetic anyway? I couldn't figure out why she was so excited about that color palette, like nobody else could have come up with that.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:53 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,774,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post

And Kara is so, so boring...the fact that she is still there over Rami is impossible for me to fathom! What is her aesthetic anyway? I couldn't figure out why she was so excited about that color palette, like nobody else could have come up with that.
This baffles me as well. Don't get it!

Old 02-12-2012, 10:41 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,170,127 times
I was just Googling Rami for the heck of it and I read that he designed the costumes for Madonna's "goddesses" at the Super Bowl, and Queen Rania of Jordan is one of his clients. He is a success in his own right (and has been for many years)...goes to show how little a silly reality show means in the grand scheme of things.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:46 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,824,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
I was just Googling Rami for the heck of it and I read that he designed the costumes for Madonna's "goddesses" at the Super Bowl, and Queen Rania of Jordan is one of his clients. He is a success in his own right (and has been for many years)...goes to show how little a silly reality show means in the grand scheme of things.
Yeah, I wasn't too worried about Rami not being successful. Just bummed that we no longer get to look at him every week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV