Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2018, 06:00 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,425,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfocused View Post
Ive watched most of the seasons of this show, its a guilty pleasure for me. I think this season is way over the top. Wouldn't be surprised if some of these couples/families are conning the show for the money, and the chance at their 15 minutes - the drama just seems so manufactured most of the time.
Absolutely. Maybe not both partners in the couple but it sure seems so---for example Larissa. Cannot be real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2018, 10:17 AM

23,874 posts, read 33,587,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
I know times have changed, but when I got married in 1981 I ended up renting my wedding dress. I couldn't imagine my daughter, if I even had a daughter, would wear something of mine that I liked, but she probably wouldn't, for many reasons...size, style, condition, etc. I can't see why people have to spend so much on a dress that will probably never be used again. Isn't handing down wedding dresses a thing of the past as well?

I have seen some absolutely GORGEOUS wedding dresses at thrift stores. No one would ever know they were a thrift store purchase, they were worn once, looked impeccably clean, and were still stylish. Some I have seen still have a garment tag on them, so never worn. I applaud a confident woman to take this approach.

I don't think Debbie is being cheap about the dress. Larissa would go hog-wild if not given an amount. Maybe a small leeway will be given. I think it's ridiculous to spend thousands and thousands on dresses that are going to be worn for a matter of a few hours. If you have the money to burn and it won't make a dent in your pocket, so be it if someone has the means and wants to blow that much money on a dress, but for someone who doesn't have it, it could make a big difference. Is Debbie a bit too much with her son, yes, but she definitely has a mother's instinct and probably knows this marriage will be going straight down the tubes!!!
I haven't seen it yet but agree about Debbie probably having the right instinct about their relationship/marriage not lasting. Shocking that Larissa has not come out and said she wants the green card but that's what I think of her. Who knows she could want to be here to get away from her own life over there with not having her kids. I highly doubt she's going to bring them here.

As far as a gown for her, yeah, I could see her doing what Anfisa did with "give me the most expensive gown" no matter what it looked like. I can see Larissa blowing thru $10,000 very easily.

As far as the price of the gown, I didn't have one with my 1st as I was 5 months pregnant. For my 2nd in 1992, it was pretty and looked great on me; had the shorter in the front with longer in the back. The front was between my ankles and knees so it wasn't really short. Of course it had the 90's puffy sleeves lol So for my wedding in 2001 I wanted a real showy gown and didn't even look at prices which for me is not me. I ended up with an $800 sample that was fully beaded and man, that sucker is heavy to me now. No clue how I wore it in the November heat wave at Cypress Gardens. We were planning to renew our vows at our 10 year anniversary but he was just getting over cancer treatment. Had we renewed our vows I wouldn't have spent more then $5,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
Leida is a nasty b*tch. She really told Eric to cut off child support to his biological daughter so he can take care of her son who is not his biological child? How do you marry a man and treat his children like that? I really can't stand her. Tasha handled herself better than I would have. I would have smacked her into next week.

I'm waiting for Eric to tell Leida she needs to get child support for her son!

Quote:
Larissa has no respect for Colt's mother at all. She knew the living situation when she was communicating with him online. If she didn't want to deal with that, she could have found another sucker to bring her to the US.
I agree and think she thought Colt would ditch his mother. Glad he won't

Quote:
Most of the people on this season are really vile and unlikeable. The only one I like is Fernanda. Everyone else seems like selfish, narcissistic jerks.
That's what I say too. I'm having a hard time watching this season. Really am not liking the couples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
I think Larissa showed herself to be not in control of her emotions yesterday. Period. I agree Colt should have spoken up when his cousin got going insulting his fiancé, Aunt Debbie should have stopped it, and the other woman just sat there like it was all fine. But Larissa, once worked up, had no plan to calm down.
If she's that bad before getting married then I'm shocked he married her.

Quote:
Steven scares me. He wants that baby and he doesn't give a damn about Olga, who he's been treating like **** since she gave birth. He's very hostile and angry and much too immature. If he got the baby here to the US, what then? He has no job and barely a home. Poor Olga, healing that incision and nursing the baby and being faced with not one positive thing.
I read something; somewhere that they're editing him bad. Apparently they're only showing snippets of his bad side such as when he had jet lag and was thrown into her giving birth. From what I've read, they're both really happy together.

You bring up a good point about him not having a job and practically homeless. I've been wanting to post about it but keep forgetting. How on earth is he even qualifying to bring her over here with no address? I guess he's going to use his grandmothers address. Next is where is he getting the money from? It's obvious that he's going to need a co-sponsor.

Quote:
Asuelo should see the handwriting on the wall and go home - after ensuring his parental rights. The whole family is allied against him and he'll never win. He might be a little immature, but he doesn't seem like a bad person.
I do not care for him and I'm not sure exactly what it is. He reminds me of my friends autistic son. Looks like him too.

Quote:
Fernanda is a kid and wants Jonathan to be what she wants and isn't going to be happy until she has her way. They really should wait a while. She's not at all grown up.
I also can't see how they're getting married with her being so young. I'm surprised Jonathan thinks it will work out because he really should know better at his age.

Quote:
Leida is a spoiled brat. The very idea that she would question child support is amazing to me. I would cut her loose in a heartbeat.
Agree. I guess she doesn't like the child support issue because she grew up with a gold spoon in her mouth. She never needed support for her son because her parents paid his way.

Quote:
Just saw this post/article about Steven and Olga...

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2018...-couples-baby/

Director posting of Stevens at link below:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqpiU7cH...ource=ig_embed

There's a picture of the baby on here who is absolutely adorable!

https://www.instagram.com/stevenfren...ource=ig_embed

Looks like he took his instagram offline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
The thing about Steven - he is trying to get citizenship for the baby. I can just see him - based on his talk and his character - that he is going to secretly try to take the baby and not tell Olga, if not, im sure that crossed his mind.

Remember the part when they were sitting outside and Steven was swatting gnats flying around him. If you look closely, or at least what i noticed, he used his arm in a very strong jabbing way when he swatted the flies off his back. It reminded me of how easily he could take that arm and swat people especially since he has that temper..
Olga came too from what I read.

Edit From one link Eldemila posted it says pictures on his Instagram were posted in October that were in Russia. They said they believed the photos weren't older because the baby looks about 8 months old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Do you all notice when that girl from "Samwa" (why does she pronounce Samoa like that???) she has a blank expression most of the time when she talks. Like a deer in the headlights look.
I believe she pronounces it like that because that's probably how it's pronounced by locals.

It's probably like Oregon. I pronounce it totally different then my sibling who used to live there does. It drives me nuts too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
Absolutely. Maybe not both partners in the couple but it sure seems so---for example Larissa. Cannot be real.
Agree. It would not surprise me if she sought out someone from the US to be on the show.

Last edited by Roselvr; 12-11-2018 at 11:21 AM..

Old 12-13-2018, 03:31 PM

Leida and Eric are quitting due to death threats. They said once their contract is done they will spill the beans on the bad edits TLC is doing. I personally dont think they're manipulating the situation with her throwing Tasha out.

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/...hreats-online/

Old 12-15-2018, 08:51 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,190,505 times
Has Coltee been a bad boy??? Larissa seems to believe so!

https://www.eonline.com/news/996854/...ks-her-silence

Old 12-15-2018, 03:02 PM

Quote:

I was just coming to post the same thing! I don't believe he's a cheater.

Old 12-15-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I was just coming to post the same thing! I don't believe he's a cheater.
Well I would agree with you but you know, remember how Larissa flipped out when Colteee commented on the woman's eyeglasses?!?!

Old 12-16-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
Well I would agree with you but you know, remember how Larissa flipped out when Colteee commented on the woman's eyeglasses?!?!
My thinking, why would he be marrying someone from another country like abusive Larissa if he could get women here? I just don't think he's been dating here.

Old 12-16-2018, 03:36 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,270,399 times
Quote:

They say there is someone for everyone, but I can't in a million years imagine being attracted to Colt. What Larissa sees in him I don't know, unless she is just after money. But even for money, I couldn't pretend to be attracted to him.

Old 12-16-2018, 06:36 PM

oy oy oy. Watching now and Kalani is pregnant again!

On another note- Mr Mayvenne is asking what every happened with Chantel and Pedro. I honestly cannot remember. anyone know? thanks

Old 12-16-2018, 11:31 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,954,081 times
Natalie is my kind of chick. I think bigger women are sexy as hell, and that scooter ain't bad either.
Attached Thumbnails
90 Day Fiance on TLC-January 12-p_20181216_222739.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV