Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 11:48 AM

302 posts, read 922,873 times

Advertisements

I have grown up on ABC soaps. So here's what I think:

All My Children: Glad to see Angie and Jesse back. However the Sabine/Rebecca situation was really insensitive and tacky. I will never be a Greenlee fan, but Sabine's was far more tolerable to me than Rebecca's.

One Life to Live: I love Antonio/Talia, but not Cristian/Sarah. I still hold out hope that they will realize that Cris and Natalie are meant to be! I like Langston far more than Starr. And is anyone involved in keeping Todd's son away from him going to get some sort of consequence?. Had Todd done this, he'd be in prison (I know he's a jerk, but he's been getting a raw deal since his execution.)

General Hospital: I am still hurt over Georgie's murder. What was the point of giving her a possible love interest in Spinelli, just to kill her off? If they really wanted to bump off one of the younger characters, couldn't it have been Lulu? I am so over Sam's "woman scorned" issues. After watching Jason's baby get kidnapped, how much more revenge do you need? I love Sonny and Kate, but worry that they will scrap that story once Sarah Brown rejoins the show. I still don't know how I will adjust to seeing her on GH, but not as Carly.

And speaking of Carly, Carly #2, Tamara Braun, is joining Days of Our Lives...I may actually have to watch it now. She was my fave Carly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 11:56 AM

620 posts, read 1,773,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgurl View Post
General Hospital: I am still hurt over Georgie's murder. What was the point of giving her a possible love interest in Spinelli, just to kill her off? If they really wanted to bump off one of the younger characters, couldn't it have been Lulu? I am so over Sam's "woman scorned" issues. After watching Jason's baby get kidnapped, how much more revenge do you need? I love Sonny and Kate, but worry that they will scrap that story once Sarah Brown rejoins the show. I still don't know how I will adjust to seeing her on GH, but not as Carly.
Not that I was a Georgie fan, but yes, what was the point in killing her off? She already had plans to leave PC to go to school abroad. Pointless! OMG, I couldn't agree with you more about Lulu. Seriously, my most hated character! While I've always been a HUGE Sonny fan (he's my favorite), I'm not feelin' SKate at all, for some reason. This is why I'm thrilled with some of the spoilers that say...

(don't read on if you're spoiler-free)
Sonny will be sleeping with Sarah Brown's new character.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:10 PM

^^^ You are so right, they could've sent Georgie off the same way they did Robin, leaving her open to come back if she wanted to. But GH was a lot different back then. And was I the only one disappointed in Felicia's reaction to Georgie's death? She just didn't seem that torn up about it...this was her daughter! Unless they want to go real soap opera-ish and have Georgie's death be a fake, and that maybe she's in hiding with her dad Frisco or something.... (hey, it's a soap, if All My Children can explain Jesse being back from the dead, GH can explain this! haha)

Why, oh why must Sonny sleep with Sarah's character? While they had chemistry, I never liked Sonny and Carly, even with Sarah playing her. Heck, I've only ever liked Sonny with Kate and Brenda.

Now....if they wanted Sarah's character to sleep with Jason, I could get behind that. LOL

Old 01-21-2008, 12:40 PM

The only reason I could probably get behind a Claudia/Jason hook-up would be to throw a wrench in Liason's love affair! ITA with you about Felicia's reaction to Georgie's death. I kept waiting for her to just lose it...aaaaand she never did. I was like, "WTH?" lol. It would definitely be cool and very soapy for Georgie to be alive somewhere, hiding out with Frisco. I can't believe you don't want Sonny to sleep with Claudia. How can anyone not want this?! I love me some SJB, so maybe I'm biased because I'm so excited about her return, but I really think Sonny and Claudia will be yummy together! Don't even get me started on Sonny and Brenda. I am a fanatic, yes, I am.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:59 PM

^^^ I don't doubt Claudia/Sonny would be hot....but Claudia/Jason conjures up all sorts of memories in my head. I mean....just look at them!

YouTube - Come On Closer Jason and Carly

Almost doesn't seem like the same Jason that's on there today.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:05 PM

^^ The Jarly memories are nice (and that vid is hot!), but there's one little problem with this. I no longer like Jason, so why would I want to give him some of Claudia's goods? LOL! Plus, someone's gotta end SKate for me, if only for a little while. I heard rumors about a possible Claudia/Ric pairing too. How would you feel about that? I have my own agenda for wanting her with Sonny, as you now know, but I really think SJB and RH could have insane chemistry.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Samadhi View Post
^^ The Jarly memories are nice (and that vid is hot!), but there's one little problem with this. I no longer like Jason, so why would I want to give him some of Claudia's goods? LOL! Plus, someone's gotta end SKate for me, if only for a little while. I heard rumors about a possible Claudia/Ric pairing too. How would you feel about that? I have my own agenda for wanting her with Sonny, as you now know, but I really think SJB and RH could have insane chemistry.

LOL, Jason's ridiculous lack of emotion bothers me these days. He smiled, really big genuine smiles, when Michael was a baby, and his own baby can't get that. I know he's this efficient killing machine or whatever, but with Carly and Robin, he showed plenty of emotion (his little marriage to Brenda was pretty hilarious too), but since then....just blah. It would be nice if Sarah could, I don't know, bring back some of that spark in old Stevie boy, lol.

Claudia and Ric....oh now that could work too! They'd look pretty together, that's for sure. After watching today's episode, and Kate turning Sonny down, I can see an opening for him to start something up with Claudia. Darnit, when does she finally come back?

Old 01-21-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgurl View Post
LOL, Jason's ridiculous lack of emotion bothers me these days. He smiled, really big genuine smiles, when Michael was a baby, and his own baby can't get that. I know he's this efficient killing machine or whatever, but with Carly and Robin, he showed plenty of emotion (his little marriage to Brenda was pretty hilarious too), but since then....just blah. It would be nice if Sarah could, I don't know, bring back some of that spark in old Stevie boy, lol.

Claudia and Ric....oh now that could work too! They'd look pretty together, that's for sure. After watching today's episode, and Kate turning Sonny down, I can see an opening for him to start something up with Claudia. Darnit, when does she finally come back?

See there?! That mean woman hurt my Sonny lol. SJB's supposed to come back on the 31st, I believe. So, yeeaah, this SKate negativity is definitely a plot point so Sonny can get his groove on elsewhere for a lil' while.

Jason. Ah, Jason, when did we go wrong? Actually, I know good and well when we went wrong and that was during the Sonny/Emily storyline. I used to be one of the world's most hardcore Sason fans and then Jason totally flipped the script. Stealing the business from my man? Telling him that he was not allowed to date Emily? Tsk, tsk, tsk. That entire s/l hurt me and I wasn't even an EmSon fan. After that, Jason's been on a downward spiral for me and, let me just say, the Liason storyline is not helping matters. Claim the freakin' baby, already!

Old 01-21-2008, 03:12 PM

^^ Yea, Jason was a bit of hypocrite with Emily, considering he was married to Sonny's sister. Jason's downhill descent started with me whenever it was where he stopped acting like a human. The fact that he shed a tear when he thought Sam was gonna die after having the baby....and didn't shed a single one when his beloved sister was murdered? Jason may have brain damage, but in the past, that did not take away his emotions. And yes, he needs to claim his baby, so that my beautiful Lucky can be free of all of this.

I can still kind of see Claudia/Ric though. Ric needs a woman. I'm starting to see a pattern here....Nik/Em get engaged, and she dies. Spinelli finds out Georgie wants him...she dies. Ric is interested in Skye...she leaves town. Is there any happy couples on this show? lol

Old 01-21-2008, 03:32 PM

Hmm...so, you stopped liking Jason when he stopped being human, huh? When was that exactly? LOL! Seriously, I can't really recall him being overly emotional ever since he and Robin broke up. Courtney died and he was all *blink, blink, stare, blink,* I used to love JaSam before Sam completely lost her identity for that man. Now? I'm a big sucker for LuSam. Yeah, I said it. Lucky totally got shafted once the writers decided to pair up Liz and Jason. I always felt so bad for the guy. I can't help it. I've had a soft spot for Lucky ever since Jonathan Jackson played him.

You and this whole 'Claudia and Ric' thing. Okay, at least let me have my Sonny/Claudia sex first and then I'll consider letting Ric step into the picture lol. You're so right about the couples. There really are no happy ones around. Well, I guess CarJax is...or was, before Carly found out about Jake. LuNacy seemed pretty happy too. I think that's it? Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV