Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 11:01 AM

1,594 posts, read 5,283,918 times

Advertisements

I am a loyal General Hospital watcher and have also watched my fair share of All My Children and One Life to live. Any other Soap fans out there?

General Hospital is getting better each day IMO, however, All My Children has lost me over the last year or so since bringing Dixie back and then killing her off again.

How about The Young and the Restless... I know there has got to be some fans out there for that one! Every couple of years I give a shot but I never stick with it because to be honest with you it is too realistic. I love the fantasy of Soaps like the Emily and Nicolas storyline that is happening on GH right now. It is totally a guilty pleasure that provides a form of escapism that I need. Any one have their two cents on Soaps?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 01:40 PM

394 posts, read 2,003,758 times
I've been watching AMC since I was seven years old, and here I am at nearly 44. I agree with you though, the last year Ijust keep it on half the time for the background noise. It is just getting so ridiculous, even for a soap. And I loved Dixie, I couldn't believe they brought her back to kill her off! I think they have gotten rid of too many veteran actors.

And how believable is this whole Zach/Richie/Greenlee thing. Like Greenlee would literally run into Zach in the woods of where was it, New Hampshire? Vermont? And Richie just happened to find them. I had to laugh though, they certainly have made the PV police department look particularly inept during this latest investigation.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:42 PM

Have they revealed the whole Dixie/Tad baby thing yet? Or did they just drop that? I used to Tivo it and now I do not even do that. I did tune in when Greenlee came back just to see if I liked the new actress and she really did not do it for me. How about you? What about the new Babe? Is she any good? She was on GH: Night Shift and was pretty good. Thanks for the reply!

Old 12-02-2007, 03:06 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
I have watched Days since teenage years and I'm now 62! Story line is drawn out tho-but Bo,Hope and Marlena still look great.

I have become addicted to General Hosp over the past 2 yrs-Sonny's dimples blow me away along with Jason's moodiness. Their story lines don't drag like Days-you miss a day-you miss something.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:55 AM

I tried Days when I was in college but it didn't stick.

Sonny is a definite Hottie! I am a Jason girl though and have been watching since he was an actual Quartermaine. I defiantly have to record every episode so I don't miss anything!

Old 12-03-2007, 10:09 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,172,928 times
One Life to Live here, been watching since 79-80..watched AMC before that and have kept up a little - my mother used to watch ATWT and GL, when I was a kid in the 1960s, but I don't think there are any characters left from those days -- Bob and Lisa?

Old 12-03-2007, 12:00 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Re-GH-Genie Francis was on the View this morning. She lost 30 lbs and looks great. Was asked if she would be coming out her "catatonic" state and returning to GH-she said she hasn't been asked but would love to.

Jason has the brooding hunk look-whew!!!! Getting warm in here. LOL

Old 12-03-2007, 12:05 PM

394 posts, read 2,003,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj_fla View Post
Have they revealed the whole Dixie/Tad baby thing yet? Or did they just drop that? I used to Tivo it and now I do not even do that. I did tune in when Greenlee came back just to see if I liked the new actress and she really did not do it for me. How about you? What about the new Babe? Is she any good? She was on GH: Night Shift and was pretty good. Thanks for the reply!
They dropped the Dixie/Tad baby thing for the moment, but I heard on a spoiler that Tad is supposed to learn her identity this winter. Julie has adopted Kate for now, unaware of Kate's true identity.

Greenlee is just driving me to drink, I am so done with her. LOL

I'm not crazy about the new Babe, but it's not the fault of the actress, they are just making her play a total idiot. She's currently defending/dating the brother of Ryan's wife (Annie) who is a sneaky, lying, manipulative murderer. Dumb Babe just laps up all his lies.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:10 PM

13,406 posts, read 28,739,320 times
I've watched OLTL & GH since high school followed by dark Shadows
Have not watched in over 2 years and put it on one day when I had taken the day off...Whew I ned soap digest or something to bring me up to speed

What do you mean Emily & Nicholas fantasy?? Is she not really dead?

Old 12-03-2007, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post

What do you mean Emily & Nicholas fantasy?? Is she not really dead?
Well I am pretty sure she is dead but the whole supernatural thing is a tad unrealistic but thats ok with me

Do you want this to be a spoiler free zone y'all? Because I get the magazines and go to GHH and all that and can spill all the dirt but won't if there are people who do not like knowing until they watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV