Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2014, 12:57 PM

2,149 posts, read 4,152,716 times

Advertisements

I think she was having a panic attack moreso than her speaking in tongues. But who knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 01:52 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
either way, Jacosta is waaaaaay too dramatic for me. to be somebody that "wants it so bad" to where she has panic attacks during veto competitions and gets dehydrated and is weak from stress of the BB house....she sure doesn't play the game AT ALL.

I am so disappointed in CBS for even considering her as a HG. she brings absolutely NOTHING to the show.

Old 07-22-2014, 02:08 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times
she brings bowties, massage techniques, and sleepy eyes to the show

what more could anyone want?

Old 07-22-2014, 02:48 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Jacosta was a bit much for me. Its a game, not that serious, my goodness.

Old 07-22-2014, 02:59 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,015,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Jacosta was a bit much for me. Its a game, not that serious, my goodness.
And no one is a Have-Not this week so she wasn't sleep or food deprived...it was a bit much...I'm glad she's not too preachy but I wish she had more game. I'm ready to like her...anytime...hope she gets it together!

Old 07-22-2014, 04:04 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
they casted her because she is black with a *unique* name and they found out she was a "minister"

nothing more to it than that.

BB Gold!

the most exciting thing she's done is to be sick.
Maybe they were hoping to get another Chima.

Old 07-22-2014, 07:03 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times
naw, they were looking for another Jameka

when casting found out her name was "Jocasta" and she was a minister it was a wrap!

last season when Candice was on, there was an eerily similar scenario that took place where Candice started mouthing off and sounded just like Jameka... the dang dialogue was almost identical...smh

BB producers has this special way of how they constantly work in the stereotypes on the slick. some things that they do people dont even notice

Old 07-22-2014, 08:22 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,991,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I'm southern. She wasn't speaking in tongues. She wasn't speaking. She was clicking her tongue or trying to cough up that hairball!
ROTFLMAO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline2121 View Post
I've seen it before when I visited my aunt's church. A bunch of people were doing it. It really freaked me out, but I don't think it is uncommon in Evangelical Christian churches.
I believe in God but I sometimes feel like only shysters do the speaking on tongues bit. Do I believe in Glossolalia? Yes. But I feel like a LOT of what people do today claiming speaking in tongues in gibberish and for show. I've been to a church were they were doing it then calling people to the alter and the next thing you know you have the minister and 2 people on the sides of your putting their hands on your head trying to get you slain in the Spirit and throw you on the ground televangelist style. Then the 2 helpers come with white sheets to cover you with while you're suppose to be writhing and being slain in the Spirit.

I was about 7 and it freaked me out because I was literally being pushed to the ground with hands on my forehead and no one explained what was happening as it was me with family visiting another family members church in Dallas.
I believe it happens but I feel sometimes 70% of it is all fake and show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
But she kept repeating the same syllables over and over again. That's why I was thinking it was more of a nervous tick. Otherwise, I think she was doing it wrong. lol
They were definitely hoping for a Jameka with Jocasta. She's a former lesbian (in her intro she said "I've done a lot of things...men and women" and on the blog I read Frankie and one of the girls were discussing it and Frankie was like "oh yeah it makes sense now for he to be use to be a lesbian" I guess based on stuff she's said). Apparently she was burned by men and tried women or something like that. Idk.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:57 PM

2,149 posts, read 4,152,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
ROTFLMAO!

I believe in God but I sometimes feel like only shysters do the speaking on tongues bit. Do I believe in Glossolalia? Yes. But I feel like a LOT of what people do today claiming speaking in tongues in gibberish and for show. I've been to a church were they were doing it then calling people to the alter and the next thing you know you have the minister and 2 people on the sides of your putting their hands on your head trying to get you slain in the Spirit and throw you on the ground televangelist style. Then the 2 helpers come with white sheets to cover you with while you're suppose to be writhing and being slain in the Spirit.

I was about 7 and it freaked me out because I was literally being pushed to the ground with hands on my forehead and no one explained what was happening as it was me with family visiting another family members church in Dallas.
I believe it happens but I feel sometimes 70% of it is all fake and show.

They were definitely hoping for a Jameka with Jocasta. She's a former lesbian (in her intro she said "I've done a lot of things...men and women" and on the blog I read Frankie and one of the girls were discussing it and Frankie was like "oh yeah it makes sense now for he to be use to be a lesbian" I guess based on stuff she's said). Apparently she was burned by men and tried women or something like that. Idk.
Wait...what?

Old 07-22-2014, 09:32 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,991,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
Wait...what?
I can't link it because it'll get cut. But Google BB 16 and blogs and it's usually the first one that pops up because we're addicted and all and scroll back to early July.

On another there's a bit where her, Frankie and Amber were talking and she was talking about a past threesome.

She's since found Jesus since he was lost and all and is now a minister....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV