Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2016, 06:50 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,610,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I'm not 100% sure but to me, it seems like some sort of training/punishment. Training in regards that it lets you get accustomed to how the dead move and what you need to do to get away from them while still unarmed. Punishment in regards to you do something stupid, you get put there for more 'training'.
Thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 07:16 PM

345 posts, read 276,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
the scary thing about Negan to me, is the fact that he is nuts....you don't know what he's going to do next, and he derives strength and pleasure from hurting people and playing games in their heads.

I was really afraid he was going to hurt Judith, to make Carl more afraid of him....and the thing that really upsets me, is the fact that they left Carl alone with Judith...Michone and Rick went off?????

I'm kinda sick of him.....
Like most dictators, though, he hasn't proven to be excessively bright. He rules with might, not with intelligence, and he seems to surround himself with other bullies like Simon or wusses like Fat Joe and Dwight. He also seems to be easily distracted by nice T&A. I hope Sherry plays a major role in bringing him down.

In other news, I want more Jesus, please! Those eyes, that flowing hair, that super cool leather trench coat and those sweetass karate kicks. Homeboy knows how to rock the Zombie Apocalypse!

Old 12-07-2016, 02:38 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,795,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
I really don't get what the, living, people on the fence do.
Heh. Fair enough. I guess they maintain the wall in that eventually the traps break or zombies get loose and more have to be added.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:18 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,118,310 times
So, Carl hides on the truck so he can get to Negan and kill him. He shoots two random guys, and then has Negan in his sights with an automatic rifle and doesn't shoot him

Come on, writers. Have that scene go differently then to where maybe Carl never has a clear shot at Negan, because it was annoying as hell to watch.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:37 AM

28,958 posts, read 30,311,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayMoe10 View Post
Like most dictators, though, he hasn't proven to be excessively bright. He rules with might, not with intelligence, and he seems to surround himself with other bullies like Simon or wusses like Fat Joe and Dwight. He also seems to be easily distracted by nice T&A. I hope Sherry plays a major role in bringing him down.

In other news, I want more Jesus, please! Those eyes, that flowing hair, that super cool leather trench coat and those sweetass karate kicks. Homeboy knows how to rock the Zombie Apocalypse!
yes, I agree, not to mention, he so many times is outnumbered, it's a wonder he hasn't been killed?
all those people standing there watching him burn that guys face, could have jumped him.

to tell you the truth, I used to wonder why, in God's name, all those people allowed Hitler to rule for so long, even though they didn't have guns, they out numbered the guards? Why didn't they gang up on the guards and go after Hitler?

to me, Negan is taking too many chances...b/c no one likes the guy? but then it wouldn't be a story, that we'd be watching would it.

I'm not too realistically inclined when watching shows....I'm watching to be entertained, and don't say to myself, "well, he could have done this or he could have done that". It's a show...and I'm looking to escape reality of a while, so why ask questions...? But that's just me.

I like Jesus, he is amazing...but, I think and could be wrong, but all the women are gearing up to get Negan...and that is where Negan might be making a mistake, to think that women are weak without their men....My Gosh, he may be in for a huge, surprise?

Old 12-07-2016, 07:38 AM

28,958 posts, read 30,311,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
So, Carl hides on the truck so he can get to Negan and kill him. He shoots two random guys, and then has Negan in his sights with an automatic rifle and doesn't shoot him

Come on, writers. Have that scene go differently then to where maybe Carl never has a clear shot at Negan, because it was annoying as hell to watch.
See, this is what I mean...chill and watch the show, take it for what it is, and leave the rest, or stop watching, your choice.

I don't look for it to be realistic...b/c if I do, it will never meet with my expectations....it's a show, nothing more, nothing less.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:11 AM

2,986 posts, read 1,754,854 times
I like to be entertained as well as anyone, but that doesn't mean I like my intelligence insulted by terrible writing.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:15 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,216,845 times
Even in the suspending belief world, some scenarios are just too stupid to not vent about.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:21 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,020,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
I like to be entertained as well as anyone, but that doesn't mean I like my intelligence insulted by terrible writing.
Exactly. Carl started this as a suicide mission. Kills 2 of Negans men, knowing full well what the consequences would be, then when Negan steps into the scene he stops.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:50 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,864,593 times
That's the problem, right? If he doesn't any shots off or doesn't actually kill other people then okay but he does get shots off and does kill people. So not getting a shot off against Negan is silly. At least wound him. He doesn't have to die - yet. But a complete fail is badly thought out considering he's standing there.

Anyhoo, I find the Negan character annoying and not very menacing. The dumb jokes, silly smile, and his cool man strut - with uber cool motorcycle jacket - just make him a big joke. Yanno, a bad comic book character of a character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV