Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 01:57 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,611,724 times

Advertisements

Ii remember that show vividly. I remember Darva and Rick. Glad to see Darva did okay afterward with her nursing degree and her son. I really cringed at that show (my two daughters were already married by then) and thought it was exploitative and degrading. Yet, here I am watching the Bachelor/ette. Either I became more tolerant, or I was hyper-critical at the time....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 05:08 AM

27,224 posts, read 46,928,698 times
Wasn't that show more about glamour and getting married at first sight with a millionaire?

These are average people who probably won't have that much money for divorce, etc.

I decided to tape it so I can fast forward and make an opinion that is better than just a judgment as I did, but I'm still have the same feeling and see a lot of people who seem to have troubled life's and they stated that no annulment is able, only a real divorce and probably being judged by many for the rest of their life since their faces are out in the open.

But let's wait and see but I think it is a dangerous path and not a millionaire with lots of money or if I remember well he wasn't that wealthy...but I might be wrong on that.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:22 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,115,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
better to turn off the television. Rest the brain--not ruin it.
I hardly think watching an hour or two of tv each week is going to ruin my brain.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:33 AM

37,199 posts, read 42,422,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Ii remember that show vividly. I remember Darva and Rick. Glad to see Darva did okay afterward with her nursing degree and her son. I really cringed at that show (my two daughters were already married by then) and thought it was exploitative and degrading. Yet, here I am watching the Bachelor/ette. Either I became more tolerant, or I was hyper-critical at the time....
They got to you

Haha. I can never watch shows like that. Reality tv is way too embarrassing and it makes me uncomfortable. I don't get how people can be entertained by wannabe celebrities mugging for the camera in ridiculous situations.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:36 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,894,220 times
Default Marriage at First Sight

Marriage at First Sight- Is anyone else tuning into this new show?
I know it's quite odd of a show but I'm now hooked on watching the episodes to see what happens!

Old 07-16-2014, 09:08 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,223,510 times
I saw the first two episodes and part of the preview last night. I have the remaining episodes set on record, but that is no guarantee I will watch them all. Cast Doug/Jamie (software sales guy living in parents basement/ RN), Jason/Courtney (EMT,Makeup artist), Vaughn/Monet (Ex airforce/fashion industry woman). I have seen enough RealityTV to know that editing will create a storyline when none exists. But even fake weddings are dramatic! Jason and Courtney strike me as a very good match, by far the best potential couple. Not sure about Vaughn and Monet, she is three years older than he says he is (30), but he looks a lot older than that, and frankly I get a slight gay vibe from him, but I am no expert, why is every other black guy on TV bald these days? Jamie is extremely attractive, and effectively the star of the show. She admitted in the preview that she was picky, and I have no doubts about that claim. Doug has no chance, I feel a little sorry for him, but hey that is the price you pay for rolling the Reality TV dice. When a girl like Jamie says she values other qualities over looks, it means she values other qualities over looks as long as the guy is an 8, 9 or 10. The girl is no wallflower, surely she has had oppourtunities with doctors she has worked around that are better looking with deeper pockets than Doug.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:46 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,855,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
I saw the first two episodes and part of the preview last night. I have the remaining episodes set on record, but that is no guarantee I will watch them all. Cast Doug/Jamie (software sales guy living in parents basement/ RN), Jason/Courtney (EMT,Makeup artist), Vaughn/Monet (Ex airforce/fashion industry woman). I have seen enough RealityTV to know that editing will create a storyline when none exists. But even fake weddings are dramatic! Jason and Courtney strike me as a very good match, by far the best potential couple. Not sure about Vaughn and Monet, she is three years older than he says he is (30), but he looks a lot older than that, and frankly I get a slight gay vibe from him, but I am no expert, why is every other black guy on TV bald these days? Jamie is extremely attractive, and effectively the star of the show. She admitted in the preview that she was picky, and I have no doubts about that claim. Doug has no chance, I feel a little sorry for him, but hey that is the price you pay for rolling the Reality TV dice. When a girl like Jamie says she values other qualities over looks, it means she values other qualities over looks as long as the guy is an 8, 9 or 10. The girl is no wallflower, surely she has had oppourtunities with doctors she has worked around that are better looking with deeper pockets than Doug.

Jamie has been in many Reality shows; mostly ones where she is seeking a husband.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:56 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,930,690 times
Normally I don't watch these shows but was curious and turned in. What makes it a bit different is there are some scientific studies in this like how they matched people.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:55 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,855,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Normally I don't watch these shows but was curious and turned in. What makes it a bit different is there are some scientific studies in this like how they matched people.

I wouldn't be too quick to buy into that because IF it were true they would never have allowed Jamie-the rerun of reality shows gal to be involved.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:25 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,296,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I suspect the viewers are very young with very little life experience and certainly not much else to do with their time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
Marriage at First Sight- Is anyone else tuning into this new show?
I know it's quite odd of a show but I'm now hooked on watching the episodes to see what happens!
I sadly admit to watching this show. Ran across it when channel surfing late at night and had to see what happened. Jamie, never saw her before but I take Pip' s word that she is a reality ho. I was shocked when she said "I do"! I really thought she was going to say no since she thinks Doug is ugly. Those moles are what does his face in.

Jason and his bride seem like they are the best match but in the preview for next what, they ALL seem to be at each other's throats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV