Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 05:24 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,293,805 times

Advertisements

So what did Monet' s husband expect out of her after they "sealed the deal" on their wedding night? To fall madly in love and want to be huggy kissy with him? I'm not pleased with him. I wonder if Jamie was spoken to about her behavior? Told she HAD to get closer. Doug wouldn't be too bad without those moles. Jason and bride seem to be having fun but I've seen spoilers.

Stupid idea and stupider people for doing it but the almighty buck speaks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 08:56 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,181,203 times
Been tweeting with Jamie. She is good at responding to alot of show watchers. She has tweeted alot in favor of Doug of late indicating she looked deeper and it was worth the experience and has favored positive tweets regarding them being together. I am thinking the ones you think are together in the end will be the ones to walk. Editing is a powerful tool in the reality TV industry and they can spin it however they want to. It was noted and in some pics that the couples applied for a marriage license the day after they were wed so I think it is legit. Doug is growing on me moles and all like a fungus lol (he said it I am just agreeing)!

Old 07-23-2014, 09:13 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,223,051 times
Doug is in reality tv hell. If he continues like he is going he will be edited the doormat, if he acts as indifferent as Jamie he will edited the jerk. I am sure they are putting pressure on Jamie to offer Doug some sugar once in a while so they have some teasers that they can air. When Courtney said they had consumated their marriage, I interpreted that to mean during the honeymoon, not on the wedding night. I am still interested in how this ends, but I am not interested in the daily mini dramas, so I will probably fast forward through most of the show.

I would interested in knowing how this was filmed, my guess is the weddings are spaced a couple weeks apart, and it is edited to appear concurrent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
It was noted and in some pics that the couples applied for a marriage license the day after they were wed...
You have to apply for the marriage license before the wedding where i live. Would be interested in other opinions on this.

Old 07-24-2014, 04:27 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,396,633 times
You have to apply for it before the wedding in my state of Oklahoma also. That's why I don't understand a lot of times, people will say "Well, lets get married today." If they are on vacation or something, so they will. I'm always thinking, "Don't you have to have your license first?" You can't just run to a justice of peace and get married without doing things first.

Old 07-24-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
Doug is in reality tv hell. If he continues like he is going he will be edited the doormat, if he acts as indifferent as Jamie he will edited the jerk. I am sure they are putting pressure on Jamie to offer Doug some sugar once in a while so they have some teasers that they can air. When Courtney said they had consumated their marriage, I interpreted that to mean during the honeymoon, not on the wedding night. I am still interested in how this ends, but I am not interested in the daily mini dramas, so I will probably fast forward through most of the show.

I would interested in knowing how this was filmed, my guess is the weddings are spaced a couple weeks apart, and it is edited to appear concurrent.

You have to apply for the marriage license before the wedding where i live. Would be interested in other opinions on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
You have to apply for it before the wedding in my state of Oklahoma also. That's why I don't understand a lot of times, people will say "Well, lets get married today." If they are on vacation or something, so they will. I'm always thinking, "Don't you have to have your license first?" You can't just run to a justice of peace and get married without doing things first.
Here in Mass. you apply for the marriage license, get the blood tests, then if it's at least 3 days later, you can tie the knot. You don't apply AFTER a marriage in NY either.

Old 07-24-2014, 11:53 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,396,633 times
Yes, Tami, I forgot the 3 day wait! I didn't even know if they still did blood tests because it seems people can just decide to get married and do it right then. Like all the people who get married in Las Vegas. I don't know if you watch "Little Women", but a woman in Vegas said to her boyfriend "Let's get married tomorrow here in Vegas." They just went to one of those little chapels to get married (supposedly) but, decided not to.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:39 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,610,185 times
No blood tests needed in CO or AZ. You do need a license first, though, and way back when I got married in 1973, we had to wait 3 days for the license that we took to the minister. After the ceremony he signed it as did the maid of honor and the best man (I think?).

Old 07-25-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
No blood tests needed in CO or AZ. You do need a license first, though, and way back when I got married in 1973, we had to wait 3 days for the license that we took to the minister. After the ceremony he signed it as did the maid of honor and the best man (I think?).
Yes, people used to need 2 witnesses to get married. Now in Mass. only the official who performed the marriage is required. Vegas, of course, is a whole different animal.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:54 AM

Come to think of it, how DID those couples get the licenses? They supposedly hand' t seen each other before the wedding. They didn't even know each other's name! The show must have pulled a lot of strings.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:10 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,837,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Actually there was an article the other week that said the Bachelor was the number 1 show among those who make over 150k. Which isn't a group that I would suspect as being young and immature and one that has plenty to do in life. Sometimes it's just nice to watch something for an hour or two that allows you to turn off your brain.
I work in a professional setting (annual over $100k - post graduate degrees)and I am surprised by the amount who watch (male and female). I also watch absolute trash - it is embarassing - but a nice distraction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV