Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2015, 03:32 PM

19,300 posts, read 16,833,967 times

Advertisements

Currently watching Longmire. Apparently, this show was on A&E and cancelled after the third season. Huge uproar from viewers, even to the point of boycotting the station. Netflix jumped on it and now showing it. Great show!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 06:16 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,791,800 times
I'm a long-time fan of Longmire and since getting Netflix, have decided to watch all of the seasons again.
I'm into Season 2, to the episode called "An Unquiet Mind".

In my opinion, this is one of the best series in recent years. Anyone know if there will be a 5th season? I think it could be successfully done. Robert Taylor is a great actor, or maybe it's just that I love these Aussie guys...

Old 09-26-2015, 06:22 PM

25,899 posts, read 42,806,953 times
The Strain. Made it through season one and am starting season two.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:02 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,234,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Currently watching Longmire. Apparently, this show was on A&E and cancelled after the third season. Huge uproar from viewers, even to the point of boycotting the station. Netflix jumped on it and now showing it. Great show!
There is a long thread on Longmire jump towards the back to read the recent ones this thread started in 2012. I love this series.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/tv/15...-series-e.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
I'm a long-time fan of Longmire and since getting Netflix, have decided to watch all of the seasons again.
I'm into Season 2, to the episode called "An Unquiet Mind".

In my opinion, this is one of the best series in recent years. Anyone know if there will be a 5th season? I think it could be successfully done. Robert Taylor is a great actor, or maybe it's just that I love these Aussie guys...
We are all hoping for a season 5 rate it 5 stars and tell Netflix how much you enjoyed it that might help. So far no public info if there will be season 5.

Old 09-27-2015, 03:31 PM

19,300 posts, read 16,833,967 times
Jaxon and Macrina ... could not agree with you more. Thanks for the link, Jaxon. I'll check it out.

Wonderful show. Robert Taylor is outstanding in this show. Maybe just me but he reminds me a bit of Harrison Ford. I really hope there is a season 5. Netflix did a great thing by putting this show on their site. I will certainly check into letting them know how much I like it.

A side note: I love how they share the Native American Indian culture on the show. Some of the stories made me cry and given me a greater appreciation for what they endured throughout history.

I watched four episodes of Longmire last night and was so mad when I started getting sleepy. Wanted to stay up and watch more. I'm almost at the end of Season 3 right now. Fantastic show! I hope Netflix does go with Season 5. It would be a shame if they didn't. I also wish they'd revive Copper, that was cancelled by BBC after two seasons. Another show that deserves a resurgence.

Old 09-27-2015, 05:10 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,234,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Jaxon and Macrina ... could not agree with you more. Thanks for the link, Jaxon. I'll check it out.

Wonderful show. Robert Taylor is outstanding in this show. Maybe just me but he reminds me a bit of Harrison Ford. I really hope there is a season 5. Netflix did a great thing by putting this show on their site. I will certainly check into letting them know how much I like it.

A side note: I love how they share the Native American Indian culture on the show. Some of the stories made me cry and given me a greater appreciation for what they endured throughout history.

I watched four episodes of Longmire last night and was so mad when I started getting sleepy. Wanted to stay up and watch more. I'm almost at the end of Season 3 right now. Fantastic show! I hope Netflix does go with Season 5. It would be a shame if they didn't. I also wish they'd revive Copper, that was cancelled by BBC after two seasons. Another show that deserves a resurgence.
You're welcome it is a terrific show, Netflix already carried the seasons after they aired but they really stepped up when they gave the go ahead to produce season 4. Hope they get enough folks asking them for season 5. I love the Native American parts too.

Old 09-27-2015, 09:41 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,625,863 times
Longmire here too. Just finished season 4 last night and I'm already in withdrawal. Wonderful show and I've let Netflix know what a great job they've done with it!

Old 09-27-2015, 09:46 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,034,458 times
Rewatching Peep Show.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:02 AM

6,474 posts, read 8,229,316 times
I am rewatching Twin Peaks. I finished rewatching Breaking Bad last week.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:20 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,560,108 times
Probably posted a million times, but I just finished up Orange is the New Black - All I gotta say is WOW. Each episode was better than the previous. I don't know what awards it's gotten but it deserves every possibly drama award out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV