Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 11:59 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,575,923 times

Advertisements

Monday January 5th...Chris Soules, the "hot" Iowa farmer starts the new season of The Bachelor...

[WATCH] ‘The Bachelor’ Preview: Chris Soules Looks For Love In A Corn Maze - Hollywood Life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2014, 05:56 PM

705 posts, read 1,260,344 times
Hot messes are always fun to watch!

Old 11-10-2014, 06:46 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
I will watch too

Old 11-12-2014, 01:11 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,536 times
I will definitely be tuning in for this train wreck to see who does the best job of pretending to want to be a farmer's wife. I guarantee there will be a lot of "right reasons" chatter among the contestants, as well as a plethora of stereotypical farming activities for the women to do i.e. milking cows, tractor races and such. The promo has him looking for love in a corn maze for the sake of Pete.

I live in Iowa so I'm really interested in seeing the portrayal of it on screen again. While many viewers seem to find Chris attractive, I think he's kind of boring and vanilla. That just means Fleiss will cast crazier girls this season to make it interesting and to fill the various roles i.e. villain, the drunk girl, the funny girl, that seem to appear every season.

Old 11-12-2014, 02:30 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Oh, I'm sure I'll tune in if only to see what 25 stupid women look like.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:27 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,575,923 times
According to Reality Steve (he's already got it spoiled through the final four~~although I haven't read that part), there is a lot of filming near the Arlington, IA area; more so than any other Bachelor/ette. It could be that Chris really wants to see who can cut it living in Iowa, or, he couldn't get away during certain parts of the filming (late September until now~~still filming) because of his duties on the farm. I think it could be hilarious to see city slicker women trying to convince Chris that Iowa is their "to die for" place to settle down and be a farmer's wife. I honestly think this could be a very interesting season. Would love to see a Wall Street Stockbroker Type A woman try and milk cows, or bale hay, or run a combine, or.......

Old 11-13-2014, 08:26 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
According to Reality Steve (he's already got it spoiled through the final four~~although I haven't read that part), there is a lot of filming near the Arlington, IA area; more so than any other Bachelor/ette. It could be that Chris really wants to see who can cut it living in Iowa, or, he couldn't get away during certain parts of the filming (late September until now~~still filming) because of his duties on the farm.
Well of course there is more filming in Iowa then any other season. No other season had a reason to go to Iowa. It had nothing to do with Chris needing to be at the farm, he didn't even stay at the farm during filming... He stayed at a hotel. Having an episode in Iowa is no different then when Juan Pablo had dates in Miami, or Ben had dates in Sonoma. A lot of seasons have a "hometown episode" for the lead, and since Chris lives in Iowa, they would obviously have his hometown dates in Iowa.

Spoiler

episodes 1-4 are in LA
Episode 5- New Mexico
Episode 6- South Dakota
Episode 7- Iowa
Episode 8- women's hometowns
Episode 9- Bali

Old 01-01-2015, 04:03 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,824,522 times
Default Countdown begins

Season Begins January 5th! I can't wait! I live just north of San Diego and was raised in San Diego but I have a sister who married a Pastor and they live in North East Iowa. Her town has 100 people and she is surrounded by corn fields and hog farms. Although I like to visit her, I find Iowa super boring. For kicks they drive 45 minutes to a Walmart. The town Chris Soules lives in has 416 people. I can't wait to see how the ladies react to Iowa.

Old 01-05-2015, 07:33 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,649,553 times
Default what was ABC thinking

The profiles of the 30 bimbettes are live on the site. No professional women but several hollywood type makeup artists. This is going to be B-O-R-I-N-G.

They even have thrown in an Andi look-alike minus brains. She is in the front row of the group picture on the site.

And yes they are doing a tractor pull on a later episode, yawn.

Other than the woman who runs a fly fishing business I don't see many good candidates amongst the barbies for Chris.

Old 01-05-2015, 06:32 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,752,695 times
It's just started here and I hate the new format of the 'live On the red carpet'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV