Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2015, 03:08 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,599,549 times

Advertisements

I don't see Kimmi as really tight with the girls - wasn't she allied to Jeremy from early on? Yes the all girls alliance was her idea - but if she's smart she can use this to switch sides at the last minute and bump the other ladies off. And what side is Keith on? I don't think necessarily the "boys" side. Wentworth seems to be trying to keep him close. And don't I remember some bad blood between Jeremy and Keith?

Right now, even though I've never been team Keith, I really feel that he has one of the best chances of sneaking on in to the final 2.

I spend WAY too much time thinking about this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 03:55 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,437,452 times
Keith is smart. His "aw shucks" attitude is just a facade. That and his age lull the others into believing he isn't a threat but he does well in the challenges and seems to be holding up better than many of the young'uns physically. There are a lot people to whom my dad use to refer as "educated dummies." They had college degree and didn't have a lick of sense to show for it. I was not surprised at all to learn he had gone to college.

Just before Joe collapsed, I thought to myself that he must really be suffering to stay out all that time with the sun beating down on his upturned face with no head covering whereas Keith was smart enough to wear a hat with a visor. He probably figured they might be competing in conditions like that. Challenges for individual immunity at this point are calling for stamina now more than strength or speed. It doesn't take a college education to figure that out, just common sense.

If they continue to underestimate Keith, he just might wind up taking it all home to Big "D."

Old 12-03-2015, 05:02 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,455,230 times
The big winner in the family challenge was Pa Wentworth, because he got to get away from Ephrata for a few days. This is best understood by those who have been to Ephrata, which most people outside eastern Washington probably can't even pronounce correctly. (Think of the same cadence and voweling as a country person saying 'tomato,' like 'tamayta.'

Old 12-03-2015, 09:02 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,262,367 times
Although Joe was winning immunity challenges, he wasn't doing so well in reward challenges. So he wasn't invincible.

I checked the last episode, and Kimmi was talking to Kelley and Tasha about the all-girl alliance in the first segment. Assuming they aren't showing things out of order (which is possible), Kelley did know about Kimmi's plan before the reward challenge. So it was odd that she didn't pick Tasha to confirm the alliance. Or maybe she didn't want to be obvious.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:30 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,182,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
- I was surprised he didn't get an IV.
Probably against the rules of him continuing to play as some would deem it nutrition the others didn't get also?

Many props to Keith! His immunity achievement was overshadowed by Joe's fall. Did anyone else notice that he didn't get many congratulations and seemed a little seperate from the group?

We did wondered the same thing because near as we can tell he is well liked by everybody.

I don't know why the hate for Wentworth. She's playing the game hard. Would you feel the same way if it was a male who was performing the way she has?

Wish we all could come up with a different word besides hate when we post our dislike of somebody or their game play. I don't "hate" her I just don't like her high school type mean girl attitude and yes if a male acted the same way I'd feel the same about them.

Some of them seemed very skinny tonight, especially my Jeremy.
He did look mighty skinny last night for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
No, no, no. I didn't take it that way at all. I was "my wording" at how scary Joe's condition was. I was scared for him. I thought he was seriously ill there for a moment.
It was very scary for a moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
I gotta feel for Joe. He seems like a great guy but he just puts too big of a target on his back from the beginning, building a shelter, hammocks, making everyone happy, winning challenges. Just being a beast.
Don't you think that had something to do with him being on the No Collar in his season? They were made out to be non working, living off parents kind of sit around doing nothing all day. Maybe he felt that had to be changed during this season to show he can work besides winning challenges.

As for why Keith voted Tasha, I think probably he just didn't want to vote for Joe. He couldn't do that to the guy so he just threw his vote away knowing it wasn't going to matter.

I agree with this after reading it.

We had a string of really good seasons followed by two rather "meh" seasons. This season, however, is up there as one of the best in my opinion! Can it knock off any of my top 5? (In order: Borneo, Micronesia, Heroes vs Villains, Pearl Islands, Palau) It will be interested to see how everything plays out!
It is nearing my top choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongyang View Post
I think a lot of people are simply hating on players who are against their favorite players (in this case, Joe).
Not hating here on no players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
...and for the fact that she wants an all-girl alliance and leaves Tasha out of the reward challenge. (which was stupid, having 5 and leaving 3 behind)
If I were Tasha I'd smile in the girls faces while writing one of their names down for not taking me on the reward.

Quote:
An all girl alliance is the best move Wentworth could possibly make! When Kimmi brought up the idea, Wentworth should have been ecstatic. Her best chance to win is to sit in the final three next to Abi and Kimmi. I do have to agree about the reward challenge choice. Including Joe but not Tasha was really weird. Including Joe period was really weird.
Maybe she knew it was going to be Joe's last supper so she threw him a bone. When in reality Wentworth didn't want to leave Joe behind for him to be working on the others to not vote for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
I would love to see him again. Unfortunately I don't think he would ever win. He is too good. Smart players would realize they had to get rid of him.
Ozzy syndrome he was voted out because his skills were to good too.

Old 12-04-2015, 12:22 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,667,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
I don't see Kimmi as really tight with the girls - wasn't she allied to Jeremy from early on? Yes the all girls alliance was her idea - but if she's smart she can use this to switch sides at the last minute and bump the other ladies off. And what side is Keith on? I don't think necessarily the "boys" side. Wentworth seems to be trying to keep him close. And don't I remember some bad blood between Jeremy and Keith?
That Kimmie no good. She wasn't even for that idea that she took and like copied from someone she was against, Monica. Thats like really dumb.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:07 AM

5,587 posts, read 8,400,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
The big winner in the family challenge was Pa Wentworth, because he got to get away from Ephrata for a few days. This is best understood by those who have been to Ephrata, which most people outside eastern Washington probably can't even pronounce correctly. (Think of the same cadence and voweling as a country person saying 'tomato,' like 'tamayta.'
Well geez, this whole time I thought they were from Ephrata, PA. And I was going to take offense at your dissing it. So now I see they're from a town of the same name in Washington state. Anyway, the PA town is pronounced EFF-ruh-tuh.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:33 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,455,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Well geez, this whole time I thought they were from Ephrata, PA. And I was going to take offense at your dissing it. So now I see they're from a town of the same name in Washington state. Anyway, the PA town is pronounced EFF-ruh-tuh.
I hadn't known there was one in PA. Good friend of mine, originally from Philly, travels through our Ephrata regularly (he sells agricultural stuff) and I'll ask him about the PA one. He's a great guy, has turned me onto many great PA foods, like scrapple, Lebanon baloney, Taylor Pork Roll. Although I'm told some of it is made in New Jersey. At least with the different pronunciation, hopefully no one will confuse them. No offense meant to the sister city in PA; it never occurred to me, because I knew their colors were orange and black, as was Pa Wentworth's t-shirt, so the confirmation was sort of automatic in my mind.

Ephrata, WA is windy and cold in the winter, windy and hot in the summer, with a lot of blowing dust. It's not the worst town in eastern Washington (hi there, Mabton; nice to see you, White Swan), but it's no prize. I think there's an old Titan silo nearby that people aren't supposed to go into.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:10 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,149,450 times
Quote:
An all girl alliance is the best move Wentworth could possibly make! When Kimmi brought up the idea, Wentworth should have been ecstatic. Her best chance to win is to sit in the final three next to Abi and Kimmi. I do have to agree about the reward challenge choice. Including Joe but not Tasha was really weird. Including Joe period was really weird.
Maybe she has a crush on him.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:55 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,667,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Maybe she has a crush on him.
She's not playing the game right, seems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV