Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 07:56 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times

Advertisements

Married couple Alexa and Carlos PenaVega according to ET tonight I have no clue who they were. They are the first married couple to compete on the same season.

EXCLUSIVE! 'Dancing With the Stars': Married Couple Alexa and Carlos PenaVega to Compete on Season 21
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 09:20 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post
Kim Zolciak of Don't Be Tardy and former cast member of the Real Housewives of Atlanta has joined the cast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
I also heard that Hayes Grier is joining. He is 15 and a social media 'celebrity'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Married couple Alexa and Carlos PenaVega according to ET tonight I have no clue who they were. They are the first married couple to compete on the same season.
Yeah, there's the DWTS cast we all know... A bunch of people no one has ever heard of.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:32 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
I hate Julianne as a judge. She is just so annoying. It won't be the same without Len. Tony may be a good judge, so let him take Julianne's spot. She was better as a dancer, but sucks as a judge. 4 judges is just too much. Takes too long. I am also getting tired of this show with all the changes. If the cast isn't too great, I may skip it like I did the season with Chaz bono in it.

A few of the new cast seem OK. I always thought it was supposed to be "Dancing with the Stars" but most of the time, I've never heard of 85% of them. They should rename it "Dancing with those who think they are Stars."

Old 08-27-2015, 09:39 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,696,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Paula Deen????

Old 08-27-2015, 10:31 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,726 times
Is Kaitlyn supposed to be on DWTS? I heard rumors but thought she was out? Also heard rumors of Jef Holm or Arie this season so let's see who it'll be!

Old 08-28-2015, 08:35 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Its all according to formula. Paula Deen is the token old lady, Bethany the token handicapped (boo hoo), Bindi the token innocent girl, a token Olympian, a teen idol, a former pro athlete.....etc. It is getting more difficult for them to find anyone anybody has ever heard of.
I do not like Julianne Hough as a judge. She seems a bit dumb, and should have stuck to dancing. I'll watch it, as I always do. I hope Paula does well. Everyone here in Savannah is really fond of her.

Old 08-28-2015, 04:11 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
A few of the new cast seem OK. I always thought it was supposed to be "Dancing with the Stars" but most of the time, I've never heard of 85% of them. They should rename it "Dancing with those who think they are Stars."
I guess Dancing with the D Listers just didn't have the same ring to it.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:32 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Bethany Hamilton? Lost an arm to a shark and "look at all she's done"!!
The name escaped me. Well there you go...obligatory inspiration.

Old 08-29-2015, 05:01 AM

2,921 posts, read 1,986,113 times
I wasn't going to watch this time around, but may watch the first episode to see how well Bindi does. Used to really enjoy Steve Irwin's show Crocodile Hunter and remember how thrilled he and his wife were when Bindi was born.

Paula Deen should be interesting on the show, but I can't picture her doing some of the dances very well. She's there to get the senior citizen demographic, no doubt.

As for Julianne I don't see why people are so hard on her. Seems like a sweet girl, and for the most part gives feedback in a positive way even when she's pointing out the negatives.

Len had gotten too grumpy for the show. He gave the best feedback, sure, but I've always felt if someone doesn't want to be somewhere they should move on. Why burden others with your grumpiness?

I still miss Brooke as the co-host. She interacted so smoothly with the couples, and was very easy on the eyes. Erin Andrews has grown on me to some extent, but she's never been very smooth as a football sideline reporter or as co-host on DWTS. It's downright uncomfortable sometimes.

I do agree that the decision makers should have more well known people as the stars. Each year I either don't know who they are, or they are a blast from the past barely recognizable. So let's each nominate at least one 'star'.

My #1 pick: Emmanuelle Chriqui. Would love to see her brown eyes dancing on the show. Love her personality as well. Calm but sweet.

Others in the running, the actors who play Det. Nick Burkhardt and Monroe on Grimm. I would say the actress who plays Adalind on that show but she's a new mom so the timing is bad. Obviously, I'm a fan of the show. Actually, any of the actors who play the main roles on that series would be good choices.

Maybe someone from General Hospital since it's on the same network and is a popular soap. The actors who play Franco, Rosalee, Elizabeth, or corporate raider Prince Nicholas Cassadine would be possible choices.

Those are just a few names. Emmanuelle Chriqui would be my first choice though.

Old 08-30-2015, 01:37 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
I wasn't going to watch this time around, but may watch the first episode to see how well Bindi does. Used to really enjoy Steve Irwin's show Crocodile Hunter and remember how thrilled he and his wife were when Bindi was born.

Paula Deen should be interesting on the show, but I can't picture her doing some of the dances very well. She's there to get the senior citizen demographic, no doubt.

As for Julianne I don't see why people are so hard on her. Seems like a sweet girl, and for the most part gives feedback in a positive way even when she's pointing out the negatives.

Len had gotten too grumpy for the show. He gave the best feedback, sure, but I've always felt if someone doesn't want to be somewhere they should move on. Why burden others with your grumpiness?

I still miss Brooke as the co-host. She interacted so smoothly with the couples, and was very easy on the eyes. Erin Andrews has grown on me to some extent, but she's never been very smooth as a football sideline reporter or as co-host on DWTS. It's downright uncomfortable sometimes.

I do agree that the decision makers should have more well known people as the stars. Each year I either don't know who they are, or they are a blast from the past barely recognizable. So let's each nominate at least one 'star'.

My #1 pick: Emmanuelle Chriqui. Would love to see her brown eyes dancing on the show. Love her personality as well. Calm but sweet.

Others in the running, the actors who play Det. Nick Burkhardt and Monroe on Grimm. I would say the actress who plays Adalind on that show but she's a new mom so the timing is bad. Obviously, I'm a fan of the show. Actually, any of the actors who play the main roles on that series would be good choices.

Maybe someone from General Hospital since it's on the same network and is a popular soap. The actors who play Franco, Rosalee, Elizabeth, or corporate raider Prince Nicholas Cassadine would be possible choices.

Those are just a few names. Emmanuelle Chriqui would be my first choice though.
The problem with "stars" is their insurance. Most have contract restrictions as to what they can and cannot do. Just like lots of pro athletes in the NFL or MLB can't do things like car racing, skiing, skateboarding, etc., for fear they'll get hurt. Same with big network and movie stars. That's why most of the DWTS dancers are C and D list "celebrities".

I'm not thrilled with Paula Deen or Chaka Kahn. That's the Senior attraction, like Patti LaBelle, Betsey Johnson, Tommy Chong or Buzz Aldrin and so on. And while I love seeing the stars who are inspriationaldancers like Noah, Amy Purdy, Bethany Hamilton, it's now becoming one of the expected categories along with the sweet teen girl, hunky teen guy (a la Riker Lynch), the older women/men, Olympic athlete, and reality show contestant.

I'm guessing Derek will be paired with Bethany and Mark with Bindi based on past seasons. They've sort of gone that way lately. Karina will probably get a hunky guy, and Witney someone like Scott Disick......just armchair predictions. It's sad that this show has become so predictable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV