Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 08:21 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,671,109 times

Advertisements

Not sure what she would have to gain by "playing"sick...Hollywood rewards people that look a certain way and portray perfect lives...other sites have stated Yolonda is trying to get her own show a Kardashian type deal...but at the level of illness she appears to have there is no way she could be the next Mama Kris...Yolonda also had her breast implants removed a few months ago...not something anyone in Hollywood would do unless to upgrade!!! So I guess what I am saying is I don't think this some plot on her part in a career move...could she have a mental illness that is causing all this? I guess... but really hard to believe...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 10:38 AM

9,895 posts, read 7,785,241 times
The Munchausen theory is interesting, and sad of course. Does anyone remember what David said last season, I think it might have been at an event when Lisa got recognized for some work, he mentioned that Yolanda did the show because she wanted to launch some sort of fitness/health business? I wish I could remember. At the time, I thought it was no surprise, many of the HW use the show to launch products or businesses.

So, just wondering if this could be the set-up for a miraculous cure? Hate to think that way.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:29 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,972,603 times
Yolanda had a silicone breast implant leaking in her body. That was making the symptoms of her lyme disease that much worse. Since she had it taken out in August, she is feeling much better.

Yolanda Foster Removes Breast Implants - Culprit Behind Worsening Lyme Symptoms

Old 12-03-2015, 06:01 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,244,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
The Munchausen theory is interesting, and sad of course. Does anyone remember what David said last season, I think it might have been at an event when Lisa got recognized for some work, he mentioned that Yolanda did the show because she wanted to launch some sort of fitness/health business? I wish I could remember. At the time, I thought it was no surprise, many of the HW use the show to launch products or businesses.

So, just wondering if this could be the set-up for a miraculous cure? Hate to think that way.
I remember that. David called the cast "CLOWNS" and said that Yolonda joined the show because she wants her own lifestyle and fitness show!

David Foster Calls Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Cast "Clowns"

This pics in this link are HILARIOUS!

THROWBACK THURSDAY: yolanda says RHOBH Are “A Bunch Of Clowns”! Just Using RHOBH To Get Her Own “Lifestyle” Show! |

Yolonda and David sold their Malibu property a while back. Yolonda moved into a condo David owned before they got married and David's living in a luxury hotel.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...otel-home.html

Old 12-03-2015, 07:29 PM

806 posts, read 961,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
At the beginning of the episode, while Bravo was showing brief clips of what to expect during the season, there is a brief scene where one of the housewives (I forget whom) mentions that perhaps Yolanda has Munchausen's Syndrome: a mental disorder in which a person attempts to gain attention from others by declaring themselves ill. In such cases, the person may even undergo numerous medical procedures, including surgery, to 'prove' they are ill.

Of course, Yolanda says she has Lyme disease, a bacterial disease (transmitted by a particular species of ticks) that can be diagnosed via special tests (which themselves may be inaccurate). One of the bests tests (surely done in her case) is by a spinal tap.

Even if her various doctors have proclaimed that she has Lyme disease, such can trigger Munchausen's syndrome, particularly in a person experiencing significant emotional stress. I would deem it possible in Yolanda's case.

I follow her on Twitter, and she does have a habit of posting photos of herself undergoing various medical procedures (in various countries), and speaking of how strong one must be in her situation. One of the introductory clips on this first episode even mentions her speaking of having all of her teeth pulled (unclear whether she did or did not).

Now, Yolanda does appear to be subject to a lot of stress. I imagine that one source would be her husband, who seemed to spend a lot of time away from home. Another is her aging mother (I noted that Yolanda seemed to do very well last season when she flew to Holland to visit her mother). Another source may well be her two daughters leaving the house and doing modeling all over the world (both her missing her daughters, and perhaps being envious that her daughters are getting a lot of attention, while she has aged and no longer commands such attention).

I think that Munchausen's is at least a possibility. We certainly have the incessant seeking of attention via medical procedures, and even her appearing at Lisa's birthday dinner without make-up may be a way of her saying "Look at how ill I am".

Of course, she may be one of those people that has a particularly virulent form of Lyme's disease. All things are possible. But it is food for thought.

Good to know there are intelligent people around who didn't fall for her BS. Yolanda often talks about how brave she is in the face of her "illness"..... yet true bravery would be to show up with makeup on and stay for the entire party and not leave 5 mins after arriving. If it's such a chore for her, why doesn't she just quit the show??????

You want true bravery? Look no further than Jackie Collins. Even though she was dying from breast cancer, no one knew because she wasn't going around looking like a bag lady and announcing she was ill every 2 mins. She kept her illness to herself and put on a brave face til the end and died with class & dignity. That's true bravery.

Old 12-03-2015, 07:34 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,671,109 times
Always thought it must be tiring for Yolanda to be Mrs. David Foster...she was never on an equal footing it seemed... was always dieting(cleanses),working out and the yes my loves...oh and that memorable dinner party when she jumped all over duck lips (Taylor) for singing a long as King David played the piano...I'm not sure if she has Lyme disease or PTSD from being married to that db...

Old 12-03-2015, 08:04 PM

Yolonda stated (during last years reunion) that some of her own family members aren't buying that she's sick! She also mentioned (during the premiere episode) that she hasn't driven in three years yet she drove around last season in her Range Rover.

I'm not convinced that she has Lyme Disease. Her diet consists of three almonds, dozens of pills, and weekly cleanses. An unhealthy diet in conjunction with an unhappy marriage, depression, and menopause would make anyone feel terrible............

Old 12-03-2015, 08:35 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,972,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post
Yolonda stated (during last years reunion) that some of her own family members aren't buying that she's sick! She also mentioned (during the premiere episode) that she hasn't driven in three years yet she drove around last season in her Range Rover.

I'm not convinced that she has Lyme Disease. Her diet consists of three almonds, dozens of pills, and weekly cleanses. An unhealthy diet in conjunction with an unhappy marriage, depression, and menopause would make anyone feel terrible............

As I said up thread she had her leaking breast implant removed in August. Doctors think that could have been causing her symptoms and making the Lyme worse. Since she had it removed, they say she's feeling better. It also might be on this new season.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
As I said up thread she had her leaking breast implant removed in August. Doctors think that could have been causing her symptoms and making the Lyme worse. Since she had it removed, they say she's feeling better. It also might be on this new season.
Feeling better? Yolonda claims to still spend 60% of her time in bed.

Yolanda Foster Says She Still Spends 60% Of Her Time In Bed

Old 12-04-2015, 12:11 AM

4,066 posts, read 2,279,283 times
Yeah she's definetly raising flags. She does like sick and not healthy but how much of that is self inflicted? She seems to be milking it every chance she gets and with a lot of drama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV