Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2016, 09:58 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,843,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Awesome show tonight!!! Great season so far. About some comments above:

I don't understand why the re-vote went down like it did tonight. I don't want to post any spoilers, but I thought the "other" person was being targeted, especially after the comments made at TC.

Peter will be next! They pretty much had selected Liz to go even before the challenge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 11:39 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,657,737 times
I thought tonight's show was great, too. And I hope it isn't Tai that has to be helicoptered out next week, I love him so much. With him shown crying so hard it seems it might be, but maybe it's just him being emotional.

For those of us who watched BB when "Beast Mode" Caleb was on - don't you like him so much better on Survivor? He actually seems like a nice person on this show.

Also - I've started thinking how much it would shake things up if every couple of days one person from each tribe was rotated into the other tribe. And the person who is rotated in is random - chosen by picking stones or something. Or maybe the tribe that wins immunity gets to pick a player from the other side and pick who in their own tribe they send over.

Has this ever been done? Do you think it would work?

Old 03-03-2016, 12:14 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,463,057 times
I liked Caleb on big brother too. He got the 'stalker' cut because..well he was a stalker. A little but, it made a story so they really played it up. But he wasn't that bad of a guy on there, more loyal than anyone. He wasn't 'not nice' on big brother, just not that tuned into the game enough to realize what was going on.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:54 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,297,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
I thought tonight's show was great, too. And I hope it isn't Tai that has to be helicoptered out next week, I love him so much. With him shown crying so hard it seems it might be, but maybe it's just him being emotional.

For those of us who watched BB when "Beast Mode" Caleb was on - don't you like him so much better on Survivor? He actually seems like a nice person on this show.

Also - I've started thinking how much it would shake things up if every couple of days one person from each tribe was rotated into the other tribe. And the person who is rotated in is random - chosen by picking stones or something. Or maybe the tribe that wins immunity gets to pick a player from the other side and pick who in their own tribe they send over.

Has this ever been done? Do you think it would work?
It's not Tai because you can see him standing in the background of one of the shots with Probst talking to medical and the person injured.

I like Caleb so far but I've never watched Big Brother so I had no opinion of him going into the show.

Old 03-03-2016, 07:11 AM

Another great episode last night! Usually seasons after all-star seasons tend to be duds but this one is off to a great start. I can only hope it stays that way.

That seemed like one of the closest challenge finished yet! The only thing I don't like about the combined reward/immunity is that we never get to see the winning teams enjoy their reward. I'm curious what the emotional items the Brawn tribe got. There has to be a story behind Jason's Care Bear. Maybe one of his kids gave it to him? Hopefully we get to see something next week about that stuff.

I like the way the idols are hidden this year. If you stumble upon that box on the tree, you have no idea what it is. If you do manage to get the key out, you still have to find the idol. The key may have included a map to where the idol is buried. I can't remember now.

I'm kind of surprised everyone just let Jason have the idol when he unlocked the box. There didn't seem to be anything to indicate it was his just because he got the key. Everyone should have had their hands right there to grab it when he opened the lid. The only thing Probst has said is they aren't allowed to dig up and move the box the idol is in. So they couldn't take the box and hide it to prevent Jason from finding it.

I was very impressed by Cydney last night. She had no choice but to tell Jason and Scot that Alecia found a clue because Jason saw them digging. Sure, she could have tried to get it herself without telling Jason and Scot but that would have put a HUGE target on her with Jason.

Liz and Peter fell into the Max and Shirin trap of getting too cocky and thinking they had everything worked out. Peter seemed to be worse at the way he treated the others as if he was much better than them. But the whole thing with him and Neal at TC was weird. I feel like there had to have been something we didn't see. Why did Peter seem to be attacking Neal so much? We've barely seen Neal on the show.

Last edited by ischyros; 03-03-2016 at 07:21 AM..

Old 03-03-2016, 07:13 AM

Never mind. I just found this deleted scene. The Care Bear is Jason's daughter's bear. A very sweet story, until he mentions he didn't even care to look at what "Blondie" got. Way to ruin the moment!

Universal Player

Old 03-03-2016, 08:05 AM

4,364 posts, read 6,558,652 times
Maybe it's Peter getting evac'ed? Probst calls for medical but wouldn't Peter already have been there on it? Nah, couldn't be that good.

Since they show Tia so upset, maybe it's his boy toy?

Can't stand that Brawn tribe much at all. They all should be voted out, soon as Peter is dispatched.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:36 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,239,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Maybe it's Peter getting evac'ed? Probst calls for medical but wouldn't Peter already have been there on it? Nah, couldn't be that good.

Since they show Tia so upset, maybe it's his boy toy?

Can't stand that Brawn tribe much at all. They all should be voted out, soon as Peter is dispatched.
Probst would have had to call for medical. Could be liability issue if he left it to a contestant. Be interesting to see. I have thought that having an ER Doc there was great.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:01 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,506,921 times
Okay, I'm now not rooting for Obama. Too full of himself.

I thought Deb was for the glue factory for sure from the edit this time, but no. Nice to see Ms. Olympia win the challenge for her team.

I raise a bottle of nuoc-mam to Tai's sheer damn persistence, even though I'm not taking a swig.

A person whose name I don't remember and hadn't known got voted out. For such reasons, I am not really much affected by it.

Alopecia is still in trouble. If she had a sign "will work for a merge or switcheroo," she'd be waving it.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:12 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,248,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post

For those of us who watched BB when "Beast Mode" Caleb was on - don't you like him so much better on Survivor? He actually seems like a nice person on this show. .......

Yes, I'm liking "Beast Mode" Caleb much better on Survivor. He's toned his ego down quit a lot and seems to be stepping up to the physical challenges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV