Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2016, 05:57 AM

3,829 posts, read 6,740,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
At its regular time, 9 eastern on Tuesday. I am beginning to hate the show, though. I'm not interested in Kate and her boyfriend's food issues at all, and every time Jack is in a scene, I wonder how long it's going to be before they kill him off. That was really stupid of them, revealing this so soon. It's the opposite of enjoyable, anticipating the death of the character whose actor I initially watched because of.
But the way the show is, his death doesn't mean he would necessarily be gone from the show. They regularly flash back to different times. It is not like there is anything chronological about the flashbacks.

As for Kate and her boyfriend's 'food issues', this is probably the realest portrayal I've ever seen on TV. I think people need to see how hard it is, so people struggling realize it isn't them and maybe people who haven't ever been overweight can understand it isn't just going on a diet and magic happens.

Last edited by jaynarie; 11-17-2016 at 06:06 AM..

Old 11-17-2016, 06:19 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,595,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
But the way the show is, his death doesn't mean he would necessarily be gone from the show. They regularly flash back to different times. It is not like there is anything chronological about the flashbacks.

As for Kate and her boyfriend's 'food issues', this is probably the realest portrayal I've ever seen on TV. I think people need to see how hard it is, so people struggling realize it isn't them and maybe people who haven't ever been overweight can understand it isn't just going on a diet and magic happens.
Yeah we only see Jack in the past so it doesn't matter. It's backstory. And there is plenty of it if they want to keep on with it. I do love that actor, but we hardly saw the Mom in the present so it doesn't really matter.

I love this show.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:42 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,107,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
It aired!
That's weird. I watch it "On Demand" and on Vudu. Both show the last episode they show was just before Election Day. I think the episode was "Career Day," and then they show the upcoming schedule, with the next episode airing on Nov 22nd. At one point they had an episode for Nov 15th, but it's been removed from the schedule. Hmmm

Old 11-17-2016, 10:24 AM

2,837 posts, read 2,700,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post

I feel very bad for the heavy set actress. She got the role because of her weight but obviously she would prefer to be much lighter. Difficult to be portraying a woman who has hope to become thin. She apparently cannot slim down in real life.

Old 11-17-2016, 11:05 AM

2,525 posts, read 2,079,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmills View Post
That's weird. I watch it "On Demand" and on Vudu. Both show the last episode they show was just before Election Day. I think the episode was "Career Day," and then they show the upcoming schedule, with the next episode airing on Nov 22nd. At one point they had an episode for Nov 15th, but it's been removed from the schedule. Hmmm

I hear you. I thought I had seen it on Wednesday at some point, and I thought cool, cuz that means Notorious is on Thursdays...easy for me to remember.
But, now it's showing up on Tuesday.

Has it always been on Tuesday?

I was wondering what happened between Kevin and that girl he was auditioning with. Did they have a romantic moment?
I changed the channel during a commercial and forgot to go back...lol

Old 11-17-2016, 02:40 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,236,110 times
it has been airing on tuesdays here. the week of the election was skipped, but it was back on this week on tuesday. i am still liking it.

Old 11-20-2016, 12:09 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,107,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
it has been airing on tuesdays here. the week of the election was skipped, but it was back on this week on tuesday. i am still liking it.
It popped up again on Vudu. I didn't care for this episode. The acting/storyline just seemed "forced." The deal between Kevin and Randall was pretty obvious, so there was nothing really revealed, and if they don't get along, why did Kevin choose to come live with them for so long?

The washing machine had no relevance to the episode at all. The relationship between William and Randall's wife didn't feel natural. The episode just felt, "off." Hopefully, it'll be better next week.

Last edited by dmills; 11-20-2016 at 12:30 AM..

Old 11-20-2016, 10:15 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,595,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmills View Post
It popped up again on Vudu. I didn't care for this episode. The acting/storyline just seemed "forced." The deal between Kevin and Randall was pretty obvious, so there was nothing really revealed, and if they don't get along, why did Kevin choose to come live with them for so long?

The washing machine had no relevance to the episode at all. The relationship between William and Randall's wife didn't feel natural. The episode just felt, "off." Hopefully, it'll be better next week.
I don't think Kevin KNOWS all this resentment from Randall. He's kind of self-centered.

Old 11-20-2016, 10:23 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,907,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
It is scheduled for this Tuesday, 11/22/16, at 9:00 eastern.

"This Is Us" Pilgrim Rick (2016)

Old 11-22-2016, 10:56 AM

894 posts, read 588,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
I feel very bad for the heavy set actress. She got the role because of her weight but obviously she would prefer to be much lighter. Difficult to be portraying a woman who has hope to become thin. She apparently cannot slim down in real life.
I recently read that her contract requires her to gradually lose weight since that is what her TV character is trying to do. Also read that she was happy it was in her contract because it gave her added incentive to not give up on losing weight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.