Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2017, 08:05 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,106,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi26 View Post
One thing I noticed was Jack was wearing the same outfit when he went to meet Rebecca as the outfit when they were dreaming him and William were hanging out together?
Interesting observation. He is also wearing the same outfit that he wore when he interacted with Randall at the cabin. I forgot about the scene with him and William. That makes two previous times that we've seen dead Jack interact with one of the characters (for those who are keeping score). His final conversation with Rebecca was DEFINITELY a farewell speech. Start teeing that apology up Jencam.

Last edited by dmills; 03-17-2017 at 08:17 AM..

Old 03-17-2017, 09:00 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,441,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmills View Post
Interesting observation. He is also wearing the same outfit that he wore when he interacted with Randall at the cabin. I forgot about the scene with him and William. That makes two previous times that we've seen dead Jack interact with one of the characters (for those who are keeping score). His final conversation with Rebecca was DEFINITELY a farewell speech. Start teeing that apology up Jencam.
It definitely seemed like a farewell speech to me too. Maybe he ends up taking his own life and never goes to Miguel's at all.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:37 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,588,647 times
Quote:
Nope. He was not dead in this episode.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:50 AM

4,249 posts, read 3,733,419 times
Quote:
One thing I noticed was Jack was wearing the same outfit when he went to meet Rebecca as the outfit when they were dreaming him and William were hanging out together?
Someone pointed that out on Facebook and posted photos of both. To me, seeing the photos, it looked like a different shirt -- similar, but the pattern was a bit different. Other people were like Eureka! Yes, it's the same.

I think Jack wears a lot of similar shirts.

Old 03-17-2017, 01:08 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,039,272 times
Quote:
Denial (the Nile) is a river in Africa.
The cast has already said that Jack's death won't be a part of the story line for a while.

Old 03-17-2017, 01:39 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,738,453 times
Yeah, not buying the dead theory at all.

I joked to a coworker that Miguel kills Jack so he can have Rebecca. I was joking and that theory is more believable than the dead theory.

As for Rebecca deleting the answering machine- she was angry with Jack. Her message was saying how much she missed him. Of course she deleted it. She was mad! I would have, too!

Old 03-17-2017, 01:54 PM

4,249 posts, read 3,733,419 times
Quote:
Denial (the Nile) is a river in Africa.
I'm just calling it the way I see it. I have no personal stake in whether it is the same shirt, or whether the dead theory is correct. It could be. I don't think so, but it's possible. We'll see in September.

Old 03-17-2017, 02:06 PM

23,021 posts, read 34,407,986 times
Everything was done to keep us talking about the show, looks​ like it's working

Old 03-17-2017, 02:15 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,235,645 times
Quote:
doesn't look like the same shirt to me.

Old 03-17-2017, 03:26 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,106,548 times
I saw something that said the "dream" started after the big argument. I'm not opposed to that theory either. Remember, her first words were, "we can't take back what we said last night." Of course they couldn't, if he was dead.

I am thoroughly convinced that the morning conversation was after Jack was already gone. In fact, the first time I watched. I half expected him to leave the house after their argument the night before. I was surprised to see him sitting there. Everything he and Rebecca say that morning has a double meaning. It could be about "the pending separation," or it could be about "the SEPARATION." I'd bet any amount of money that conversation happened after he died. As someone else said, the situation didn't seem so dire as to require a physical separation or divorce.

I'm less certain, but still pretty sure, about everything that happened once he got to the bar. Most glaring thing for me is how everyone ignored him. Even the fight scene. If you look in the background, everyone else is carrying on as if they're not even there. The only people who are engaged are the Bouncers, Rebecca, and Ben. Watch as he walks through the bar, bumping into people, but they don't even notice. That's why I say that scene was also after he died.

If he died after the argument, but before the morning after scene, it would resolve the frozen peas delimma some seem to be having. It is less of an issue for me.

Remember, NOTHING, just happens on this show. EVERYTHING has meaning. They would not just have a "blah" show as the season finale, because they couldn't think of anything better...and there is precedent for "dead Jack" appearing at other times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.