Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 08:00 AM

339 posts, read 697,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Ashley didn't have a job and needed either the money from the show and or money from David for her to be able to stay in school. She was a big time user and loser due to that-IMHO. At least Heather didn't appear to care about the money.
Ashley is/was in nursing school, if I remember correctly.
The idea of Ashley becoming a nurse SCARES me more than watching the first run or re-runs of her marriage to David.

I agree Heather didn't appear to care about the financial gains from appearing on the show. I was a bit surprised to read that on the reunion show, she appeared to be sad about her marriage ending...embarrassed maybe? Hopefully Heather learned something about herself through this process and can make some positive changes for the future...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Ashley didn't have a job and needed either the money from the show and or money from David for her to be able to stay in school. She was a big time user and loser due to that-IMHO. At least Heather didn't appear to care about the money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
I agree that it does not seem feasible to force someone to live with a person ( or stay "married").... I would think that going forward, they would have several extra couples filming at once.... if some are less interesting or do not stay together, they could show that but then follow others more.
If in a season the optimal number is 4 couples, they should shoot 8 (and then if they are all golden, well they have 2 seasons worth--- ). Nothing to say that the couples have to be in the same city or time frame. It;s not like the couples interact with the other couples on the show. just my opinion.

I like this idea, film double the amount needed for a season....although I must admit seeing a situation like Heather and Derek did add something to the season or rather, the premise of the show...Heather and Derek seemed real to me. It didn't work, or at least one person had checked out very early on, why "pretend" there is a chance for six weeks. The other part I liked about the Heather-Derek situation was having the friends of both Derek and Heather give them a friendly critique of themselves-hopefully for self-improvement.

My only complaint was they dragged out the Derek-Heather relationship for too many episodes- it could have been wrapped up a little sooner. But that would make your idea of filming more couples perfect-still show those that don't make it for that is probably more truthful, but you would still have enough footage of those couples that may have a chance.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
I have no ideal why David was so into Ashley, she was pretty dull. Nothing saying I am as fun as Jerry Seinfeld but come on I saw nothing in her.
I think David was so happy he had an attractive (physically, speaking) wife, he overlooked the personality, at least initially...it may be a guy thing, I think -. Also remember he was trying to be patient with her to get her to come out of her shell and warm up to him..of course that was a big fail-especially when Ashley busted him with the texting incident-that played right into her hand and gave her more ammunition not to stay married to David.

Last edited by NYPeach; 11-06-2016 at 08:50 AM..

Old 11-06-2016, 08:46 AM

3,661 posts, read 2,978,704 times
What?? I thought Ashley totally faked the Texting incident for the camera. There is no way she could go from dead fish to " baby you were mine" that fast. It was just a ploy till that check came in.

Old 11-06-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
What?? I thought Ashley totally faked the Texting incident for the camera. There is no way she could go from dead fish to " baby you were mine" that fast. It was just a ploy till that check came in.
I thought David admitted he did texted another woman and when he and Ashley were with the counselors/advisors, he said that in hindsight, that was not a cool move...hmm ...either way Ashley was like being to Married to a Nightmare for David for sure...

Last edited by NYPeach; 11-06-2016 at 12:19 PM..

Old 11-06-2016, 09:17 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,788,273 times
Boring season. I guess my DVR didn't catch the reunion, and honestly font care. Zzzzzzz

Old 11-28-2016, 08:01 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,427,524 times
I follow Tres on Twitter and was very sad to see that his father died, apparently in a car accident. He didn't post any details, but then today he posted the funeral details for both his father and his uncle, so I wonder if they were both killed in the same crash. It was in Louisville, which is where Tres is from. I remember his Dad was a jolly, dapper guy, and I think Tres got in trouble w/Vanessa for going out drinking with his Dad and staying out late, right? Very sorry for Tres and his family.

Old 12-08-2016, 04:45 AM

4,744 posts, read 4,447,050 times
Seems like the right place to post this--- last night I saw a quick promo for Married at First Sight SECOND CHANCES or something very close to that.
They said how the public fell in love with David and Vanessa - how their matches did not work out- and a new season.
Sounds like we need to keep an eye out. I can't remember when this will start.
Anyone know about this?

Old 12-08-2016, 07:40 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,788,273 times
I hadn't. I Googled it:

Married at First Sight's David and Vanessa Get Second Chance at Love
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV