Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 08:35 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,883,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
But why do you say it's very fitting to the character?
Because he's the scarecrow character? I would think the name definition reinforces that he's that character.

Quote:
Well, I would just say to be patience with the storyline because it appears that they are building up to all of that. Including why he doesn't have any powers over the giants anymore. Plus, I'm sure that they will reveal why he hates magic so much, and why he is so tyrannical about it... and which is one of the things that I would like to find out about.

Well, I don't know if you missed this part or not, but he had a relationship with her mother and she probably reminds him of her mother. However, they confirmed that he in not her father.
I don't know that he had a relationship with her mother, only that he slept with her (that madam witch said "sampled"). The way they've built in and show this attachment just seems strange. But clearly, he's very needy and the girl has a backbone and is intelligent. Maybe it's nothing more than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 05:00 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,717,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I just want to make sure I don't miss anything because I'm ignorant of the Oz books.
I wouldn't worry about that. I'm catching bits and pieces based on fifty year old memory of the books, but I have to believe the producers are counting on the typical viewer having less than that - i.e., having only awareness of the 1939 film and the Broadway musicals. So I think we can assume that they are going to lay everything out that they want laid out. Moreover, they're probably going to want to tell their own story, so they will make changes (just like everyone else has in the past) that will make it better to just take the series as it is rather than relying on it to follow any specific canon.

Old 01-26-2017, 05:20 AM

3,110 posts, read 1,989,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Because he's the scarecrow character? I would think the name definition reinforces that he's that character.
Oops! I get it now. I just wasn't associating a raven with a crow. lol

And duh! on me. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
I don't know that he had a relationship with her mother, only that he slept with her (that madam witch said "sampled"). The way they've built in and show this attachment just seems strange. But clearly, he's very needy and the girl has a backbone and is intelligent. Maybe it's nothing more than that.
Could be. But of course, time will tell.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:12 PM

2,611 posts, read 2,887,204 times
Why there are no emeralds, color ,gem or crystals in this version of Emerald city?

Old 02-03-2017, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
Why there are no emeralds, color ,gem or crystals in this version of Emerald city?
Well, not according to the NBC promos:

Also, I'm glad last week's episode finally revealed that the Wizard actually knows who Dorothy is. Plus, you never know... he might just be her father.

Old 02-03-2017, 07:53 AM

I just looked up information about Dorothy(Adria Arjona), and she played Dana Silva, the beautiful Internal Affairs detective on the 4th season of "Person of Interest." Also, it looks like she lost a little bit of weight since then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mA3TIHGakY

Old 02-03-2017, 12:20 PM

2,611 posts, read 2,887,204 times
Quote:
Well, not according to the NBC promos:

Also, I'm glad last week's episode finally revealed that the Wizard actually knows who Dorothy is. Plus, you never know... he might just be her father.
Yeah. But the Emerald city shown in the actual episodes doesn't have that color.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Yeah. But the Emerald city shown in the actual episodes doesn't have that color.
Hmmm. I'll have to notice either live tonight in 34 minutes, or tomorrow on Hulu with no commercials.

Old 02-05-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Yep, you were right.

But Friday had a great episode. And it's just like what bUU had said about how everything is starting to converge together.

Also, for those of you who have dropped the show, there are only four episodes left, and I would say to stay with it. Everything is starting to get revealed. However, I'm still wondering what the significance of Tip's role is. Also, I would love to see what's under Lady Ev's mask.

Old 02-05-2017, 02:42 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,472,976 times
Quote:
Yep, you were right.

But Friday had a great episode. And it's just like what bUU had said about how everything is starting to converge together.

Also, for those of you who have dropped the show, there are only four episodes left, and I would say to stay with it. Everything is starting to get revealed. However, I'm still wondering what the significance of Tip's role is. Also, I would love to see what's under Lady Ev's mask.
Me too, this is totally normally not my kind of show but I watched the first episode because there was nothing else on after "Grimm" and got instantly hooked.

I want and I don't want to see what's under Lady Ev's mask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV