Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2018, 06:17 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,049,464 times

Advertisements

I don't think it's a big deal to not have mentioned the restaurant. If it flopped, it flopped 15-20 years ago. I don't think people are still talking about their business/personal failures from that long ago.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:03 PM

21,098 posts, read 13,675,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I kinda thought that was out of place to appear here in the 4th episode.. I guess they put it here mainly because it was the first Becky-centric episode.. But it wasn't like he was a main focal point, I mean he was briefly alluded to at a point or two.

Don't get me wrong, but I just thought they could have thrown that at the end of the first episode and it would have had the same impact.. Why wait until #4?

The whole cast has spoken well of Glenn Quinn..

they have put some nice little touches in the show.. I did notice that in a previous episode there's a picture of Shelley Winters (Who played Nana Mary) on the fireplace mantle.

Maybe someone can answer this one.. On the original show.. What ever became of the Lanford Lunch Box? I don't recall them doing anything with it in Season 9 after the lottery.. And it wasn't much in S8.. There was an episode about a competing diner opening across the street, and Roseanne first met Scott there (Leon's husband).. But they never did tie up that in the original series did they? It just floated out of existence?
I forgot about the lottery. Why are they poor again?

Old 04-13-2018, 03:58 AM

6,612 posts, read 3,700,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Because it was decided by Roseanne at the end, to depict that a lot had been made up, hadn't really occurred, but that Dan had died. Not so great an ending. Then, coming back, they had to make something up so that Dan "was still alive".

Old 04-13-2018, 05:41 AM

15,234 posts, read 10,426,439 times
Quote:

Winning the lottery was what she wrote about in her book but it wasn't factual. The last 5-10 minutes of the series finale also mentioned that she put Darlene with Mark and Becky with David and other stuff that didn't follow the earlier seasons.

Old 04-13-2018, 11:49 AM

17,745 posts, read 15,527,375 times
Quote:

The entire 9th season is basically supposed to be considered a dream sequence. Bobby on Dallas type thing.

They seem to be playing around with the scheduling and ordering of episodes a bit.

The premier, Twenty Years to Life was episode 1, but the second aired was episode 3 in production order.. The one about Mark going to school, "Dress to Impress"

Roseanne gets the Chair was the second production, but third to air.

Just aired "Eggs Over, Not Easy" was aired and production #4

Upcoming Darlene vs David will be #5 but produced #6.

It looks like on the 24th we'll have an off-week, they're re-airing 4 of the 5 aired episodes, with Roseanne gets the Chair left out. This is presumably an audible to fill up May sweeps with the show.

May 1st will be production #9 "No Country for Old Women"

May 8th is show #5 "Go Cubs"

May 15th is #7 "Netflix and Pill"

May 22nd the finale will be production #8 "Knee Deep"

A note about "Darlene vs David" I read something the other day that says that David has apparently been an absentee father who has only seen his kids a handful of times since they split up. He supposedly left about 6 years ago. He shows up for Harris' birthday. Seems something of an odd departure for the character.

Old 04-13-2018, 01:27 PM

581 posts, read 459,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

A note about "Darlene vs David" I read something the other day that says that David has apparently been an absentee father who has only seen his kids a handful of times since they split up. He supposedly left about 6 years ago. He shows up for Harris' birthday. Seems something of an odd departure for the character.
Wow, I know Galecki can't appear full-time due to his obligations for TBBT, but David never struck me as the type of guy who'd walk out on his children. If anything I thought he was overly loyal to Darlene conisdering how much of a total ***** she was to him. Did the new set of writers watch the old series at all?

Old 04-13-2018, 06:19 PM

36,753 posts, read 14,911,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesNShine View Post
Wow, I know Galecki can't appear full-time due to his obligations for TBBT, but David never struck me as the type of guy who'd walk out on his children. If anything I thought he was overly loyal to Darlene conisdering how much of a total ***** she was to him. Did the new set of writers watch the old series at all?

Sometimes the same writers couldn't care less about character continuity, either. Take "Mark," for example, who somehow went from total bada$$ to complete wimp during the course of the original run of Roseanne.

Old 04-13-2018, 06:22 PM

581 posts, read 459,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
[/b]

Sometimes the same writers couldn't care less about character continuity, either. Take "Mark," for example, who somehow went from total bada$$ to complete wimp during the course of the original run of Roseanne.
Mark's character went to complete sh*t once New Becky was introduced. Becky herself went from being smart and driven to a bimbo who worked at an off-brand Hooters. It's almost like they felt they had to make Sarah Chalke the stereotypical dumb blonde because she was a more attractive actress.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:05 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,241,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesNShine View Post
Mark's character went to complete sh*t once New Becky was introduced. Becky herself went from being smart and driven to a bimbo who worked at an off-brand Hooters. It's almost like they felt they had to make Sarah Chalke the stereotypical dumb blonde because she was a more attractive actress.
i have always thought lecy is a better becky than sarah. she just fits in better with the whole conner clan. more believable. to me, sarah never really fit in. but that's just my opinion.

Old 04-13-2018, 11:36 PM

17,745 posts, read 15,527,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
i have always thought lecy is a better becky than sarah. she just fits in better with the whole conner clan. more believable. to me, sarah never really fit in. but that's just my opinion.
I always thought the opposite. The way Lecy always called Roseanne "Mother".. Is that a common midwest thing? The Lecy-Becky always seemed overly snobbish which didn't fit the family at all. Sarah-Becky seemed more.. In line

My opinion only, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV