Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2018, 11:46 AM

17,607 posts, read 15,292,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
But, i thought the episode did have some fun parts, I like that Roseanne has the knee problem, as i can absolutely relate to getting older and having aches and pains to places I never new i had....

jackie,to me is always funny.

but, it seems like the darlene show though.....maybe each kid will get a segment like the brady bunch used to get? did I date myself

The knee problem.. I'm fine with.. The fact that she's now an Uber driver in the tiny little town of Lanford.. That seems.. A little off. but, then again.. Maybe not.. We can probably assume with her knee she's either on disability or if she's switched completely over to Social Security by now and is officially 'retired'..

they haven't said much about Dan's work.. Obviously he's back in construction from the 'drywall nailpolish' comment.

Jackie.. Hasn't impressed me in this run so far. It seems she's been in there just to be there. Hoping there's a Jackie-centric episode in the pipe.

Supposedly, Darlene and her kids are to be one of the main focuses of the series. The actor that plays her daughter COULD be her daughter. I mean, that's good casting. Not the greatest actor on the show, but nails the look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
......Plus the washer is conveniently backed up to the kitchen sink plumbing/water source.

Good point.

Old 04-06-2018, 12:34 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,519,960 times
I was disappointed in my hope for a season 1-5 quality episode (#3 is the only one I’ve seen), but I’ll give it another shot next week if I can remember to turn off my appletv.

Old 04-06-2018, 01:54 PM

18,478 posts, read 31,661,084 times
they also havent stated what jackie does for a living, or did I miss it.
still havent clarified why darlene lost her job
i too am guessing dan is still in constructuon.

becky seems to be a waitress and has her own apartment, how much could she possibly make.

i actually dont like lecy goranson atall, i find her always nasty andmean, sara chalke was a mch nicer becky and seemed more plesanter, i liked her so much better.

i agree with one of the posters back some that it is a shame that none of the kids really bettered themselves....

i dont really love the show, but obviously came from that era, so we watch it.

i always found dan to be repulsive, and i dont find him funny at all.
i do like the darlene roseanne comedy as i like more dry sarcastic humor.

Old 04-06-2018, 08:06 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,583,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiehere View Post

Roseanne putting her head into the sink - OMG hahahahaha. She had it coming.
That was the best part of the epi.

Quote:
Darlene was "horrible-ish" - but much more entertaining about it.
She was much much better. I know it isn't the actress, because 'Harris' is 'Debbie' on Shameless and is awesome. It's the writing for her part......

Old 04-06-2018, 08:13 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,583,604 times
Quote:
they also havent stated what jackie does for a living, or did I miss it.
i too am guessing dan is still in constructuon.

becky seems to be a waitress and has her own apartment, how much could she possibly make.

i actually dont like lecy goranson atall, i find her always nasty andmean, sara chalke was a mch nicer becky and seemed more plesanter, i liked her so much better.

i agree with one of the posters back some that it is a shame that none of the kids really bettered themselves....

i dont really love the show, but obviously came from that era, so we watch it.

i always found dan to be repulsive, and i dont find him funny at all.
i do like the darlene roseanne comedy as i like more dry sarcastic humor.
Jackie is a life coach. Dan has to be retired by now. Maybe does things like drywall part time. That was primarily stated to contrast with Mark's nail polish.

Old 04-06-2018, 10:24 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,274,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Jackie is a life coach. Dan has to be retired by now. Maybe does things like drywall part time. That was primarily stated to contrast with Mark's nail polish.
Yep, Jackie is a life coach and I would say Roseanne and Dan are retired but maybe do Uber and drywall for a little extra income.

I really like the show. They toned down the politics this week and I liked that better than last week, but maybe the first week was just to give us some background so we understand where all the characters are coming from.

Old 04-07-2018, 12:09 AM

17,607 posts, read 15,292,362 times
Quote:
She was a writer, right? I'd assume journalism.. Not exactly a growing field at the moment.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:24 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,238,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Yep, Jackie is a life coach and I would say Roseanne and Dan are retired but maybe do Uber and drywall for a little extra income. .......................

I wouldn't think Dan is doing anything drywall/construction as it looks like he can hardly move much less bend over. Gotta love getting older.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:12 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,801,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiehere View Post
Darlene was "horrible-ish" - but much more entertaining about it.
The love was still there, on both sides (Mom and Darlene) even with the bickering.

Roseanne putting her head into the sink - OMG hahahahaha. She had it coming.
We laughed so hard at that part. I did like how it showed the difference in parenting too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Yep, Jackie is a life coach and I would say Roseanne and Dan are retired but maybe do Uber and drywall for a little extra income.

I really like the show. They toned down the politics this week and I liked that better than last week, but maybe the first week was just to give us some background so we understand where all the characters are coming from.
It seems like they are a typical older age family who worked factory and jobs that were odds and ends to support their families 20+ years ago. I am glad also they toned down the politics.

Old 04-09-2018, 07:51 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,188,270 times
Jackie was always such a mess but is a life coach now. Hhahahahhahaha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV