Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2019, 08:53 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,266,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Maybe a zap with the cattle prod if June didn't listen to Aunt Lydia's instructions after the 2nd time, but they're not chopping off limbs left and right over such small offenses.
They hanged a Martha for talking to June in the store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2019, 09:17 AM

15,221 posts, read 10,334,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
While it certainly seems unlikely that they'd get away with it, while June was having it out with the pregnant handmaid, the other handmaids were shielding her. It appears that the guards and Aunt Lydia were not yet close enough to see anything, so unless someone tells, they may not have seen June go off on the other girl. As I said, that's the unlikely part--that no guard was close enough, but it appears that was the case.
However I don't think for a second that the pregnant handmaid isn't going to report June. I also think it weird that June seems to be shielded from a lot of punishment because of her fertile status. She should be pregnant again by now or at least spending time at the ob/gyn doc to see why she isn't.

Old 07-05-2019, 09:47 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,035,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDave View Post
They hanged a Martha for talking to June in the store.
They didn't hang her just because she talked to June.

Old 07-05-2019, 06:36 PM

693 posts, read 1,041,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
And how has June not been sentenced to hang yet? She's done a whole lot more than that Martha!
I think also that right now they are in the middle of a political stance with Canada. June is a key player and far too valuable to get rid of. From what I understood of this episode is that if they can get the baby extradited it will set a precedent for them to get the other defectors extradited as well.

Old 07-05-2019, 09:53 PM

6,477 posts, read 6,686,976 times
Quote:
They didn't hang her just because she talked to June.
What do you think the reason was?

Old 07-05-2019, 10:04 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,035,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
What do you think the reason was?
Did you watch the episode?

Old 07-06-2019, 03:50 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,579,481 times
If you watch the Extras for each episode, the writers and actors explain their reactions to, or reasons for their actions in, that particular episode. Several of the recent actions, or dialogue are from the book, but just hadn't been used in the first season. The episode "extras" add a lot of understanding as to what the episode's meaning was. It's also fun to hear Nick and Fred Waterford speak in their British accents, hear Serena Joy's Australian accent, and wonder how do they all do an American accent so well? Anyway, the extras are really worth watching for insight into the episodes.

Old 07-06-2019, 08:23 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Meh..... I’m tired of the disconnect of everyone and their bother, including other handmaids, getting hung for looking sideways wrong while June keeps getting away with clear violations of Gilad’s Rules. I mean, come on, she just attacked a handmaiden with a good attitude on her, what, 4th successful pregnancy. That chick is way more valuable than June who only gave birth to one, is a big pain in the rump, and it’s not like she’s even currently pregnant. Based on everything we’ve seen in this show we should expect to see her drawn and quartered next episode. At the very least she ought to be missing some fingers, toes, eyes, or have those bizzaro rings on her mouth, or something.
I agree.

I'd be fine, at this point, with killing June off and finding another heroine to save the day! I like series that are willing to kill off their main characters at one point or another.

But that's not going to happen because of the whole 'baby in Canada' angle; her husband in Canada, etc.

Old 07-08-2019, 12:58 AM

6,477 posts, read 6,686,976 times
Quote:
Did you watch the episode?
Yes

Old 07-08-2019, 09:34 PM

5,426 posts, read 3,505,010 times
Where do you watch the episode extras?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV