Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2017, 09:21 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,969,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Nah, he would have his shirt off most of the time and I couldn't bare to look at his hideous tattoos!
Can't rep you again. So here it is.

His tattoos are the worst! That bird or whatever on his chest looks like a giant black blob and is so unattractive. My daughter and I don't understand what is going on with that piece. Was it a cover up? Was that intentional? Awful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 09:40 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,511,440 times
I'm less engaged this time than ever before.

At peak engagement, I watched AD for a while, but found it dull. However, I watched every episode as it came on, read a daily live feed recap, and watched a daily live feed recap. Last season I lost interest in reading the live feed articles. This was the season I didn't especially care if I saw the video recap. Last season I DVRed episodes but was okay with waiting a day to watch; this season I still DVRed them, but might not bother watching them for days. In past seasons, I had commentary on most episodes; this one, not as often. It's fading away from me.

The most engaged I got was in pure dislike, mainly for Josh and his antics, and slightly less for the whole bullying theme and its enablers. That's all the show became for me, people to hate, and I really do not need more people to hate, more negativity; society supplies so many urgently deserving candidates with no effort needed on my part. The problem with this show is there became no one to root for. Then there's the fact that the Grod Squad went a little too overt in its rig of the game for Paul; he did what most people would do, and took the gifts handed to him. But it meant that I didn't care much any more.

Tonight's the finale, and I'm indifferent. No sense of anticipation. The only possible enjoyment I can imagine from it is if a bitter jury roasts Paul alive with nearly as much venom for whoever faces off against him. Even then, one of those three will win, and that'll cap this turdly season with a little ball of crap.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:05 AM

7,694 posts, read 5,585,507 times
I am hoping that tonight, after the votes are cast and before reveal, a series of clips are shown of Paul in the diary room, stating his goals for each week, and showing him accomplishing every single one of them with apparent ease.

I just want to see the look on the jurors faces.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:32 AM

3,999 posts, read 5,039,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
I'm less engaged this time than ever before.

At peak engagement, I watched AD for a while, but found it dull. However, I watched every episode as it came on, read a daily live feed recap, and watched a daily live feed recap. Last season I lost interest in reading the live feed articles. This was the season I didn't especially care if I saw the video recap. Last season I DVRed episodes but was okay with waiting a day to watch; this season I still DVRed them, but might not bother watching them for days. In past seasons, I had commentary on most episodes; this one, not as often. It's fading away from me.

The most engaged I got was in pure dislike, mainly for Josh and his antics, and slightly less for the whole bullying theme and its enablers. That's all the show became for me, people to hate, and I really do not need more people to hate, more negativity; society supplies so many urgently deserving candidates with no effort needed on my part. The problem with this show is there became no one to root for. Then there's the fact that the Grod Squad went a little too overt in its rig of the game for Paul; he did what most people would do, and took the gifts handed to him. But it meant that I didn't care much any more.

Tonight's the finale, and I'm indifferent. No sense of anticipation. The only possible enjoyment I can imagine from it is if a bitter jury roasts Paul alive with nearly as much venom for whoever faces off against him. Even then, one of those three will win, and that'll cap this turdly season with a little ball of crap.
Can't rep again! Very well stated! I agree with the entire post but the bolded is what struck me... I like the drama and strategy and game play. I enjoy some of the antics and craziness. But I DON'T want to be left feeling all this heavy negativity from their hate sessions. Kevin stated in the diary room that they all look to pick on the next one they want out and they grab onto it with a vengeance. He was the last one I was rooting for...but no...

Old 09-20-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
I am hoping that tonight, after the votes are cast and before reveal, a series of clips are shown of Paul in the diary room, stating his goals for each week, and showing him accomplishing every single one of them with apparent ease.

I just want to see the look on the jurors faces.

Oh please let this be the case! But, of course, if they did do a montage of clips, it would probably be AFTER they vote...good grief!

Old 09-20-2017, 10:45 AM

794 posts, read 1,329,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Raven and the blonde who is a morning radio host.
Really?! If that is true, I am shocked that Raven and Elena were able to keep it a secret.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:58 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,511,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Big Brother is normally "magical" for me, it's my favorite show, I look forward to it every year. But it really disappointed this year.
Don't get your hopes up for Survivor: Fools vs. Freaks vs. Flatheads, or whatever they are calling it.

Week One: "This'll be a social experiment to compare idiots to weirdos to dullards! Who will survive and succeed?"

Week Two: "Drop your buffs. We are changing it up."

Old 09-20-2017, 11:04 AM

4,885 posts, read 5,040,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Don't get your hopes up for Survivor: Fools vs. Freaks vs. Flatheads, or whatever they are calling it.

Week One: "This'll be a social experiment to compare idiots to weirdos to dullards! Who will survive and succeed?"

Week Two: "Drop your buffs. We are changing it up."
"You're killing me, Smalls".

Old 09-20-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
"You're killing me, Smalls".
BWAHAHAHA! Right? I would love it if they NEVER DROPPED THE BUFFS!!!

Old 09-20-2017, 12:15 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,167,771 times
Well one good thing about this season is that I enjoyed chatting with you all.

Thank you for entertaining me!

Look forward to seeing some of you on Survivor and Celebrity BB.

NYT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV