Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2021, 11:57 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I watched the first season of The Cliff as part of Amazon's monthly preview of their supported channels. Then I watched the first season of Aber Bergen, a Norwegian legal drama that was pretty good. I'm debating on subscribing to the channels temporarily so I can watch more seasons.
I subscribe to MHZ which I think is where Bergen is, but you have to like foreign subtitled series to get the most out of it. There are some great ones though. The Village is worth the price alone.

I was confused by The Cliff. I'm a PBS passport member so I don't understand why I have to subscribe separately to Masterpiece to watch season 2. I know they need money, but this seems like double dipping to me....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2021, 12:17 PM

9,460 posts, read 5,225,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Oh that's funny. I couldn't watch it either and I love Russell Crowe.
Me, too. But I did mostly watch it to the end because I was surfing the web trying to sort out a plumbing/fixture problem. What a waste of 90 mins!

Old 04-17-2021, 06:54 AM

50,375 posts, read 63,993,273 times
We’re watching Tin Star now. We’re a few episodes into season 2. It’s violent, but compelling. Tim Roth’s character keeps getting shot and beaten up, but just keeps on going.

Old 04-17-2021, 06:13 PM

14 posts, read 10,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
I subscribe to MHZ which I think is where Bergen is, but you have to like foreign subtitled series to get the most out of it. There are some great ones though. The Village is worth the price alone.

I was confused by The Cliff. I'm a PBS passport member so I don't understand why I have to subscribe separately to Masterpiece to watch season 2. I know they need money, but this seems like double dipping to me....

It's 5.99 a month and really easy to cancel, they will give you the whole month so you can subscribe and probably cancel right away, I do it all the time but Walter Presents has a LOT of mystery type series on Masterpiece. I just love most of them. Usually wait a few days, cancel and take it back when I am going to be home more.

Old 04-18-2021, 11:46 AM

461 posts, read 797,085 times
Whitechapel really great British cop series. Loved it, wish it had more seasons.

Old 04-18-2021, 11:53 AM

461 posts, read 797,085 times
[quote=Moonlady;60606383]We are watching Offspring now- it's hilarious.

One of my favorites. I'm watching it as slow as possible to make it last. LOVE IT!

Old 04-18-2021, 11:58 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag74gie View Post
It's 5.99 a month and really easy to cancel, they will give you the whole month so you can subscribe and probably cancel right away, I do it all the time but Walter Presents has a LOT of mystery type series on Masterpiece. I just love most of them. Usually wait a few days, cancel and take it back when I am going to be home more.
Yes, I get that, but why should I have to subscribe separately if I’m already a pbs sustaining member. Double dipping.

Old 04-20-2021, 05:37 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
I wish Amazon would announce when they plan to release the next season of Bosch - we've waited long enough!

Old 04-23-2021, 11:39 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Started watching Honest Thief with Liam Neeson, pretty good so far.

Old 04-24-2021, 10:33 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Travel Man: 48 hours in... with Richard Ayoade, who some might recognize from his other series, Gadget Man. I just started watching the first season and I got pulled in quickly - he's got a sharp sense of British humor with a broad and robust vocabulary and turns of phrases, which makes this series very engaging. For each episode, he takes one celebrity to a travel locale and they spend 48 hours getting to know the city in an immersive way. Watched the episode with Chris O'Dowd in Vienna, Istanbul with Adam Hills, and a few more - I love watching this show. There are episodes with a wide range of celebrities - John Hamm, Rebel Wilson, Mel Giedroyc (from that British Baking Show with Mary Berry), etc.

His episode in Budapest is especially funny because he goes to one of the famous public baths dressed in board shorts and a t shirt, which actually causes the regulars to laugh out loud as he walks down the stairs into the water. For those who have vacationed pretty much anywhere in Europe - you know that men wear speedos and that's about it. When in Rome, and all that...but I have to say I still love this guy and his wit - he took it all in stride and shrugged it off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV