Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 01:38 PM

271 posts, read 248,530 times

Advertisements

Queen Kwenthrith's first born is Magness. Who is hanging out with the Vikings. Kwenthrith was pregnant with Aethelwulf's child when Judith killed her. Was it Judith's idea to banish Magness from the castle? I don't remember the circumstances of Magness's banishment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2019, 01:59 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,637,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delhidi View Post
Queen Kwenthrith's first born is Magness. Who is hanging out with the Vikings. Kwenthrith was pregnant with Aethelwulf's child when Judith killed her. Was it Judith's idea to banish Magness from the castle? I don't remember the circumstances of Magness's banishment.
No, if memory serves, when King Ecbert found out that Magnus was not the son of Ragnar, Aethelwulth banished him as useless

Old 01-09-2019, 10:13 PM

Man..tonights episode was an absolute snoozefest. Warning=if you have not seen it yet..1/2 the episode deals with Floki and his...story.

And, its official- I hate Ivar! A character that i used to love..until the writers destroyed his character.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:12 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,154,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Man..tonights episode was an absolute snoozefest. Warning=if you have not seen it yet..1/2 the episode deals with Floki and his...story.

And, its official- I hate Ivar! A character that i used to love..until the writers destroyed his character.
No kidding, certainly a candidate for the dullest episode ever. The whole Floki and his commune business was a huge mistake. It has nothing to do with the main story line and it serves only as an unwelcome interruption.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
No kidding, certainly a candidate for the dullest episode ever. The whole Floki and his commune business was a huge mistake. It has nothing to do with the main story line and it serves only as an unwelcome interruption.
This show is becoming TWD...i stopped watching that train wreck 2 years ago due to complete boredom and utterly moronic actions of the characters

Old 01-12-2019, 03:58 AM

2,080 posts, read 1,609,515 times
I don't know what to make of Floki's storyline: that he's a complete failure as a leader, or that Iceland drives people crazy? Either way, I'm bored. Hopefully Floki will return to civilization after the other 'settlers' kill each other off or commit suicide. I'm also afraid that Ivar will eventually kill his wife's baby when he realizes that the kid isn't his.

Right now I'm much more interested in Alfred & Judith and Wessex than I am in what's going on with the various Vikings; unless Rollo returns.

Old 01-12-2019, 06:18 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,031,769 times
I'm hoping like heck that Rollo returns! He has always been one of my favorite characters.

I really like the whole Judith/Alfred/Wessex storyline too.

I'm not bored with it at all, but I love well done historical shows and there's enough going on in Vikings to keep my attention. It's not a perfect show but it's definitely a keeper for me.

Like you, Regina, I'm afraid that Ivar is going to kill that baby.

Old 01-12-2019, 08:28 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,477,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
I don't know what to make of Floki's storyline: that he's a complete failure as a leader, or that Iceland drives people crazy? Either way, I'm bored. Hopefully Floki will return to civilization after the other 'settlers' kill each other off or commit suicide. I'm also afraid that Ivar will eventually kill his wife's baby when he realizes that the kid isn't his.

Right now I'm much more interested in Alfred & Judith and Wessex than I am in what's going on with the various Vikings; unless Rollo returns.
I think Ivar does know that the baby isn't his. I don't think he really believes he is a God either. I really think he is going along with the baby is his because it was important for a leader then to have progeny. It will be interesting to see his reaction when the baby is born and if everything doesn't go according to plan.

The Iceland story line must be finished. I would think the only thing for them to do is leave the island. There really isn't enough people there to continue and all of these deaths are going to have a devastating effect on Loki.

It looks like Judith might have breast cancer so it will be interesting to see how that all pans out. I think that Aethelred's wife is pregnant as well.

I've watched Vikings from the start and while I don't think it is as good as it used to be without Travis Fimmel it is still keeping my interest and I'll watch it all the way to the end.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'm hoping like heck that Rollo returns! He has always been one of my favorite characters.

I really like the whole Judith/Alfred/Wessex storyline too.

I'm not bored with it at all, but I love well done historical shows and there's enough going on in Vikings to keep my attention. It's not a perfect show but it's definitely a keeper for me.

Like you, Regina, I'm afraid that Ivar is going to kill that baby.
Looks like Lagertha is coming back next week. I figured she wouldn't be back until next season

Old 01-14-2019, 07:01 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,031,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Looks like Lagertha is coming back next week. I figured she wouldn't be back until next season
Oh my goodness!

Between Outlander and the Vikings, I'm pretty intrigued by all the twists and turns!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV