Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 07:00 AM

357 posts, read 283,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Same thoughts here. It was for sure mental abuse to make her feel bad. She took it so well.

Either she is naïve or has the most beautiful character to believe in the good of the other person...

I want to believe the latter. She has so far shown to me to be a beautiful person from the outside and inside.

He doesn't deserve her and what he said will be very difficult to overcome as it will hunt their marriage forever as this was not said behind closed doors but on National TV.
I just don't see how Kate can ever unhear those words, and I agree that it will haunt her as long as she is with him.

I am sorry to say I have lost some respect for Kate for not standing up for herself and walking out immediately. I cringe every time I see her being nice to him and seeking affection from him. I really like her and it seems like she is the nicest person on earth, but now she looks weak and desperate, and that can open her up to more abuse. Not only from d-bag Luke, but from future partners as well. I worry for her mental health throughout the rest of this marriage. She can't begin to heal until she is away from him. And MAFS should pay for her counseling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2019, 05:38 PM

27,221 posts, read 46,857,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsVulcan500 View Post
I just don't see how Kate can ever unhear those words, and I agree that it will haunt her as long as she is with him.

I am sorry to say I have lost some respect for Kate for not standing up for herself and walking out immediately. I cringe every time I see her being nice to him and seeking affection from him. I really like her and it seems like she is the nicest person on earth, but now she looks weak and desperate, and that can open her up to more abuse. Not only from d-bag Luke, but from future partners as well. I worry for her mental health throughout the rest of this marriage. She can't begin to heal until she is away from him. And MAFS should pay for her counseling.
Last season the show had the stalker and liar (Mia) and now they have a guy who is there for the wrong reasons and a mental abuser!

Not sure if his name is AJ but the guy who is hyper and has showed some weird anger outburst... I wonder how that will end as he seems to be a clear case of being “single” for a reason.

Old 02-13-2019, 05:35 AM

When is the show responsible to pull the plug on a candidate to protect her?

Kate is so humiliated but this guy!

Is the show trying to make him show as he is so people can judge him accordingly as the a..ole he is?

Sadly, meanwhile Kate is mentally abused and clearly she is mentally not strong enough to ask for a annulment that they should grant her asap.

Old 02-13-2019, 08:43 AM

271 posts, read 249,612 times
I so agree. Kate should just run away from this guy.

Old 02-13-2019, 07:47 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,459,203 times
It really is painful to watch her being abused like this. I hope she gets out relatively unscathed.

Old 02-13-2019, 11:19 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,450,609 times
I feel for Kate too but I think they sign a contract where they would get penalized for pulling out and getting annulled/divorced before the show is over - it wouldn't surprise me when it's over if she and possibly another couple(s) do the same thing. It's not over til it's over and while I watch most of it, can't say Ive been watching it all that closely - but she may be biding her time and counting the days. Contract or not, I don't know as I would have stuck it out but imo, $$ prob. enters into it. Definitely not a good match (unless there's Luke is super considerate and wonderful behind the scenes, lol)

Old 02-14-2019, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
I feel for Kate too but I think they sign a contract where they would get penalized for pulling out and getting annulled/divorced before the show is over - it wouldn't surprise me when it's over if she and possibly another couple(s) do the same thing. It's not over til it's over and while I watch most of it, can't say Ive been watching it all that closely - but she may be biding her time and counting the days. Contract or not, I don't know as I would have stuck it out but imo, $$ prob. enters into it. Definitely not a good match (unless there's Luke is super considerate and wonderful behind the scenes, lol)
If the rule counts for a case like this and Mia, who lied in last season, that would be bad.

There was another female who wanted out because she didn’t feel it and the rule shone for cases like this but not for mental abuse which is what this moron is doing to Kate.

If she was my daughter I would never be able to accept him, unless he is proven day and day out for a long time that he isn’t the same person as we saw. The smug on this guys face is so irritating!

Old 02-14-2019, 04:41 AM

4,748 posts, read 4,459,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
If the rule counts for a case like this and Mia, who lied in last season, that would be bad.

There was another female who wanted out because she didn’t feel it and the rule shone for cases like this but not for mental abuse which is what this moron is doing to Kate.

If she was my daughter I would never be able to accept him, unless he is proven day and day out for a long time that he isn’t the same person as we saw. The smug on this guys face is so irritating!
I totally agree that in cases like this if there is a rule it should not stand. I guess it would be hard to discern when someone is just not feeling it and they say they don't feel comfortable or making up feeling threatened just to get out of it----but these instances are horrid and I can't see anyone saying they need to honor a contract when they are being so mistreated.If they want to still be there, that is on them.
It almost brings to mind involuntary servitude. no?

Old 02-15-2019, 07:26 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,802,097 times
Luke is a horrible person! The producers are so irresponsible for not only allowing this to happen, but encouraging them to continue.

Old 02-18-2019, 01:17 AM

5,592 posts, read 8,434,741 times
First he says he's repulsed/feels dead, and they let him get away with a stern warning from Pastor Cal. Now he goes behind Kate's back to tell the producers she has a drinking problem, and they let him get away with that by smooth-talking Dr. Pepper. Or maybe it's just that the experts are so afraid of admitting they screwed up BIG-TIME, they keep making excuses. Kate is like a little puppy desperate for love. The poor thing was so excited when that a*hole deigned to give her a half-second peck on the lips! "I'm ready when you are", she says. She is not strong enough to stand up for herself nor does she have any self-esteem and he's making it worse. They need to get her away from him!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV