Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 10:47 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,805,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
OMG, when will this show interfere with Kate & Luke.

Kate is going to have mental issues due to this loser that she married. The show may not have known who Luke really was but he clearly is a sociopath and narcissist.

How can Kate give herself a 6.5, as that shows her mental condition is at risk as she gave it all and got in return an ahole as husband.

I'm not fully blaming the show as they may have been fooled by a narcissist who is a good talker and showed off well, but now they know and should step in and kick him off the show and give Kate an annulment and protect her from getting hurt more.
OMG right???? I am so appalled that the show isn't stepping in. She is obviously being manipulated and they are allowing it to happen. Luke pukes and passes out drunk yet it is her fault he isn't attracted to her because she drinks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 11:02 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,808,323 times
Just remember, the show is heavily edited and making Luke look like a bad guy. We're not seeing everything, so maybe there isn't a need to interfere just yet. I'm sure they were heavily monitored throughout. Also, I think we're watching this on at least a 6 month delay.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:18 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,805,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Just remember, the show is heavily edited and making Luke look like a bad guy. We're not seeing everything, so maybe there isn't a need to interfere just yet. I'm sure they were heavily monitored throughout. Also, I think we're watching this on at least a 6 month delay.
I am sure it is heavily edited. However, if they are purposely making it look like Luke is a verbal abuser/manipulator that is just as bad. Insecure people will see what she is doing and think it is normal. That is not okay.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I am sure it is heavily edited. However, if they are purposely making it look like Luke is a verbal abuser/manipulator that is just as bad. Insecure people will see what she is doing and think it is normal. That is not okay.
I don't disagree with you there. Lifetime does like to make men look bad though. Just sayin.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:41 AM

252 posts, read 360,253 times
You can't aire someone saying 'kissing you makes me feel dead inside' If you don't say it.

Old 02-28-2019, 01:06 AM

5,592 posts, read 8,436,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaduced View Post
You can't aire someone saying 'kissing you makes me feel dead inside' If you don't say it.
Exactly. Remember when they showed that in the previews, we thought it was their usual shady editing -- but it was NOT!!! Also, it was not edited that Kate rated herself a 6.5. That was pitiful. And the way he looks at her....so condescending...."I really care about Kate", yet he "hangs out with friends" all day on their one-month anniversary. I thought maybe THAT was edited too...when he first came home, she said "hi" like not a darn thing in the world was wrong, and I thought maybe he had flowers in his hand. But no, it was just takeout dinner. This is so painful to watch. I feel like screaming at Kate to STAND UP FOR HERSELF, rate herself a 10, tell him there are plenty of men who wouldn't find her repulsive! But she's like a little puppy dog, begging for its master's affection.

Old 02-28-2019, 05:33 AM

27,221 posts, read 46,863,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Exactly. Remember when they showed that in the previews, we thought it was their usual shady editing -- but it was NOT!!! Also, it was not edited that Kate rated herself a 6.5. That was pitiful. And the way he looks at her....so condescending...."I really care about Kate", yet he "hangs out with friends" all day on their one-month anniversary. I thought maybe THAT was edited too...when he first came home, she said "hi" like not a darn thing in the world was wrong, and I thought maybe he had flowers in his hand. But no, it was just takeout dinner. This is so painful to watch. I feel like screaming at Kate to STAND UP FOR HERSELF, rate herself a 10, tell him there are plenty of men who wouldn't find her repulsive! But she's like a little puppy dog, begging for its master's affection.
Exactly!!!

Luke admitted to having said all these things.

I was also waiting for him to even say, “oops, I forgot that it was our one month anniversary “, which would have been acceptable to me s not everyone is into celebrating every month or every occurrence.

But Luke is a narcissist and on the other interview he admitted his mom knows everything and that sounded was exactly how I heard it...making sure Kate is aware that this is the end.

Luke would have been a nice guy if he did what one of the woman in previous season did. She walked out as she said the guy was not someone she could ever see her fall in love with. That may not be nice to the guy and not coming across as a nice thing, but she saved both of them from getting dragged into something that was clearly not meant to be.

Luke is not the victim of editing! Luke is nasty and to me he comes to the level of narcissism like Scott Peterson and others but without thenmurder expect. Sick behavior. If it was my son who wasn’t in a girl and one he show, I would tell him to do the respectful thing and absolutely not getting dragged into this as a parent and play the role of pathetic parent.

This is wrong on so many levels.

Old 02-28-2019, 06:40 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,295,672 times
I honestly feel sorry for what Kate is having to endure. I am beginning to believe that Luke had some other motive for doing this show....I do not see him doing anything to work on a "marriage" he seems to concentrate on trying to control her feelings....it seems like gaslighting at times. I believe that he is simply trying to control the situation until the show is over to try to look reasonable.....rather than like the turd he is imo

She deserves so much better. And, she looks like she is going into a depression....thank goodness Dr. Pepper is calling him on his BS.

ETA I agree with so many of your comments That Kate should be given a pass....and maybe the Dr's should use this as a teachable moment....Obviously Luke presented himself as a person ready to commit....When he is exactly the opposite. Bait and Switch scenario, and Kate is suffering because of Luke's dishonesty. The show should do the right thing.

Last edited by JanND; 02-28-2019 at 06:59 AM..

Old 02-28-2019, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I honestly feel sorry for what Kate is having to endure. I am beginning to believe that Luke had some other motive for doing this show....I do not see him doing anything to work on a "marriage" he seems to concentrate on trying to control her feelings....it seems like gaslighting at times. I believe that he is simply trying to control the situation until the show is over to try to look reasonable.....rather than like the turd he is imo

She deserves so much better. And, she looks like she is going into a depression....thank goodness Dr. Pepper is calling him on his BS.

ETA I agree with so many of your comments That Kate should be given a pass....and maybe the Dr's should use this as a teachable moment....Obviously Luke presented himself as a person ready to commit....When he is exactly the opposite. Bait and Switch scenario, and Kate is suffering because of Luke's dishonesty. The show should do the right thing.
I agree. Just because Lifetime paints men in a bad light in many cases, this is on Luke. I also agree that Kate (from what they show) should have rated herself higher. Always room for improvement, but she could have easily given herself a 9. I think she did say Luke was a 5. That's generous for sure.

Old 02-28-2019, 02:46 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,192,561 times
Bait and switch is a good way to put it.

You can blame Lifetime if you like but Dr Jessica really went after Molly (before hooking up with Jon) but doesnt 'attack' a prick like Luke. They had no problem displaying Molly as "evil".

I don't understand why this season the ladies need to make efforts to cater to shortcomings of the husbands. No one is standing up for Kate especially, somehow they need to work on communication. Gah.

Idk if you all watch Unfiltered but Luke cried like a baby ohboohoo he was made a villian of the show! wah!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV