Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 05:38 PM

23,021 posts, read 34,397,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
This has happened before with people who were popular but couldn't dance or with people who the public gets behind to keep them in to mess with things (that Palin kid). Before this show, who actually knew Sailor's name? Maybe people knew Christie Brinkley had kids, but no one knew here. And the other gal who was in the bottom two - how many people really know who she is? I had never heard of her and can't even remember her name right now typing this.
Yes it happens every season for shock value
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2019, 10:43 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,270,399 times
I knew Christie Brinkley had a daughter with Billy Joel named Alexa, who looks like Billy Joel. And I knew she had a daughter that looked like her, but didn't know her name before the show. Sailor's not as pretty as her mother, though.

I always liked Christie Brinkley, but hearing her talk on DWTS, her voice is soft and meek and reminds me of Michelle Duggar! I have never considered her anything like Michelle Duggar, but that's the first thing I thought of when I heard her speak.

DWTS gets more and more boring for me every year. The stars used to be people I actually knew and wanted to watch. Now it's mostly people I've never heard of and don't care about. I record it, but I fast forward through most of the show and just watch the dances that I'm interested in. I don't even watch the judges give their critique or their scores anymore. I've mostly lost interest.

Old 10-22-2019, 11:12 PM

44,637 posts, read 61,653,458 times
2 excellent dancers on the bottom of the list, one gets the boot, yet one of the worst dancers ever (Spicer) gets to stay on. Is there something wrong with this picture.

And voting by tweet is not fair to us non-tweeters. They should open the phones again.

Old 10-23-2019, 12:58 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,577,808 times
The first thing I thought when the bottom two were actually pretty good dancers, was, "Oh, no...not another Bobby Bones season with Sean Spicer making the finals". I thought they were trying to overcome that disaster last fall. Here we go again... I thought maybe voters would keep Sailor because of Val, but, I guess not. I actually like all the "stars" with the exception of the Bachelor girl, Hannah Brown.

Old 10-23-2019, 10:09 AM

4,347 posts, read 4,725,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
The first thing I thought when the bottom two were actually pretty good dancers, was, "Oh, no...not another Bobby Bones season with Sean Spicer making the finals". I thought they were trying to overcome that disaster last fall. Here we go again... I thought maybe voters would keep Sailor because of Val, but, I guess not. I actually like all the "stars" with the exception of the Bachelor girl, Hannah Brown.

Ditto.

Though I actually watch the show more for the pro dancers. Can't wait for the winter tour to come here.

Old 10-26-2019, 07:04 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,270,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
2 excellent dancers on the bottom of the list, one gets the boot, yet one of the worst dancers ever (Spicer) gets to stay on. Is there something wrong with this picture.

And voting by tweet is not fair to us non-tweeters. They should open the phones again.
Yeah I don't think it should be a popularity contest. I didn't think Sailor deserved to go home. But my God, did her mother never teach her to lose with grace and dignity?

Old 10-26-2019, 07:47 PM

23,021 posts, read 34,397,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Yeah I don't think it should be a popularity contest. I didn't think Sailor deserved to go home. But my God, did her mother never teach her to lose with grace and dignity?
Her crying was fake, I didn't see any tears

Old 10-27-2019, 12:44 AM

5,592 posts, read 8,411,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I thought maybe with the new "judges' save" format, it would help eliminate the Bobby Bones scenario, but no. This is why: Sean Spicer is getting all the people who are voting their politics. (Obviously, because he's one of the worst dancers ever.) And at this point, all the rest of the dancers are good dancers. So the "non-political" vote is getting split up among the nine remaining couples. Which means Spicer's never going to be in the bottom two, unless it gets down to the final two couples, in which case HOPEFULLY the judges can pick the better dancer to win.

Now the other thing that really bugs me: I stopped watching for a few years because the judges' scoring was always so formulaic -- the lousy dancers would keep getting better scores each week, even though they still sucked. It was like the judges didn't want to discourage them. They did it with Bones last season, even though he was just as bad at the end as he was in the beginning. And now they're doing it with Spicer. SEVENS??? There is NFW that he deserved more than a five.

So, the judges being all shocked this week that two good dancers were in the bottom two? Partially their fault!

Old 10-27-2019, 09:13 AM

27,215 posts, read 46,772,227 times
I agree that Spicer is not a good dancer but so far, worst dancers have been eliminated.

Odom was horrible to watch and so were many others. There is also something with dancing that has not to do with steps or moves, but with the entire performance. At least Spicer shows he enjoys being there and it shines through his performance.

If it is about politics as some want to make it out then why is Spicer still there?

After all, Hilliary still claims to have gotten the most votes and has given # 150 excuses of why she is NOT the President.

With NY and CA, which has the most celebrities in their States, and most likely the most friends of any of the remaining contestants, there should be an easy vote to have voted Spicer out. That hasn’t happened.

Maybe more people than you think, may be voting for the performance than for politics.

After all, all of them are humans and I watch this season for the first time, and enjoy many of the performances. I’m glad not to know who most of them vote for as I watch for entertainment and not for politics or I will change the channel.

Old 10-27-2019, 11:24 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,411,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I agree that Spicer is not a good dancer but so far, worst dancers have been eliminated.

Odom was horrible to watch and so were many others. There is also something with dancing that has not to do with steps or moves, but with the entire performance. At least Spicer shows he enjoys being there and it shines through his performance.

If it is about politics as some want to make it out then why is Spicer still there?

After all, Hilliary still claims to have gotten the most votes and has given # 150 excuses of why she is NOT the President.

With NY and CA, which has the most celebrities in their States, and most likely the most friends of any of the remaining contestants, there should be an easy vote to have voted Spicer out. That hasn’t happened.

Maybe more people than you think, may be voting for the performance than for politics.

After all, all of them are humans and I watch this season for the first time, and enjoy many of the performances. I’m glad not to know who most of them vote for as I watch for entertainment and not for politics or I will change the channel.
Absolutely not. Mary Wilson and Lamar were bad, but Lamar was arguably better than Spicer. And Sailor was a thousand times better than Spicer, how can you say she was worse than him?

You are not getting my point about the split votes and politics. Say 2 million people are voting. Say a million of them are voting for Spicer solely because they're Trumpsters and/or they like his style. Say the other million are not voting for him because they hate his politics or think he's a bad dancer. But they are not all voting for the same person. Those million votes are split among nine different dancers. Get it? Simple math.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV