Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2020, 05:23 PM

12,805 posts, read 9,532,543 times

Advertisements

I wonder how many cheesy Texas cliches will pop up? And will Rob Lowe and Liv have Texas accents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2020, 09:42 PM

12,382 posts, read 8,136,596 times
They went the other way the Captain and his gay son with a history of suicide attempts from New York City. A Muslim women viral star firefighter from Miami. And a trans firefighter from Chicago under a US Justice Department decree to make the Austin Fire Department inclusive join the lone, Lone Star survivor of a fire company to form the dream team to rebuild a decimated firefighter company.

Along for the ride is the black wife of the white 20 year vet Texan as the 9-1-1 operator and the Paramedic Captain who unlike other states or the 9-1-1 mother-ship show they tell us is in charge in a medical call, and most calls are medical calls. So ultimately a female boss in the field. Almost forgot the Latino who had problems passing the written test

Old 01-20-2020, 01:17 AM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
They went the other way the Captain and his gay son with a history of suicide attempts from New York City. A Muslim women viral star firefighter from Miami. And a trans firefighter from Chicago under a US Justice Department decree to make the Austin Fire Department inclusive join the lone, Lone Star survivor of a fire company to form the dream team to rebuild a decimated firefighter company.

Along for the ride is the black wife of the white 20 year vet Texan as the 9-1-1 operator and the Paramedic Captain who unlike other states or the 9-1-1 mother-ship show they tell us is in charge in a medical call, and most calls are medical calls. So ultimately a female boss in the field. Almost forgot the Latino who had problems passing the written test
The character's professional career before Austin was in NYC, but he (the character) states (onscreen) that he grew up in Santa Monica. Lowe himself went to high school in Santa Monica.

Old 01-20-2020, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
The character's professional career before Austin was in NYC, but he (the character) states (onscreen) that he grew up in Santa Monica. Lowe himself went to high school in Santa Monica.
So the actor threw in an homage to his hometown. I was guessing maybe the mother-ship tie in as a relative. But then all the white characters on that show are transplants to LA. Connie Britton is supposed to make a returning guest appearance to the original show and her character would be close in age to Rob Lowe's

Old 01-20-2020, 05:27 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
why do I think from all this talk about this show I am not going to like it at all ? does it have numerous political overtones ?

Old 01-20-2020, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
why do I think from all this talk about this show I am not going to like it at all ? does it have numerous political overtones ?
It has won the 2020 Woke Olympics TV gold medal and they had the Muslim woman viral video star name drop it why she was a top firefighter draft pick by Austin going to Miami to recruit her. She wears the hijab but seems eager to show off her curves. But besides the diverse cast of the fire station, as federally mandated on the show, it is not politics but weird rescues with a different crew from the LA show.

Where the LA show had its share of gay and lesbian characters the shipper fans wanted the two young male firefighters together and the LA show hadn't done that, yet. I can't remember the gay first husband of the LAPD Sergeant kissing his boyfriend on screen but the lesbian couple with one half a paramedic thus not a sidekick, has been intimate if not sexual for broadcast network primetime. Where as on Lone Star we are introduced to the New York son firefighter kissing a man while his father is hoping to get a new son in law.

Old 01-20-2020, 08:06 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,604,176 times
Quote:

Quote:
It has won the 2020 Woke Olympics TV gold medal and they had the Muslim woman viral video star name drop it why she was a top firefighter draft pick by Austin going to Miami to recruit her. She wears the hijab but seems eager to show off her curves. But besides the diverse cast of the fire station, as federally mandated on the show, it is not politics but weird rescues with a different crew from the LA show.

Where the LA show had its share of gay and lesbian characters the shipper fans wanted the two young male firefighters together and the LA show hadn't done that, yet. I can't remember the gay first husband of the LAPD Sergeant kissing his boyfriend on screen but the lesbian couple with one half a paramedic thus not a sidekick, has been intimate if not sexual for broadcast network primetime. Where as on Lone Star we are introduced to the New York son firefighter kissing a man while his father is hoping to get a new son in law.
Oh Noes! Not diversity and inclusion! The horror!!!

Old 01-20-2020, 08:07 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,604,176 times
Ehh, it was fine. I will have to see where they go from here, but so far I am not liking the cast as much as the original. The emergencies weren't super interesting for me either, but I'll give it another shot.

Old 01-20-2020, 08:31 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
I watched and did not like it. I like the original LA show but I just didn't like this one.

Old 01-20-2020, 09:17 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
yeah I like the original rescue 9-1-1 . I will watch the other one later on tonight and see if I like it and if I don't I will cross it off my list . Yes I like peter Krause as the captain on the LA one .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV