Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 06:31 PM

10,041 posts, read 9,538,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I'm still not watching DWTS this season, but I came across this article in this morning's news and thought those who are watching the show might find this interesting:

Dancing With The Stars contestant Jeannie Mai has dropped out of the competition.
The 41-year-old TV host was hospitalized with epiglottitis, which blocks airflow to the lungs, ABC reported on Monday.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...OPPED-OUT.html

Sounds like more people are not watching. Down by a million watchers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tvserie...9-ratings/amp/

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/d...ngs-fall-2019/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2020, 05:23 AM

27,219 posts, read 46,844,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Sounds like more people are not watching. Down by a million watchers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tvserie...9-ratings/amp/

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/d...ngs-fall-2019/
I can understand why...

Old 11-10-2020, 07:25 AM

4,352 posts, read 4,739,838 times
The important demographic is watching.

The 29th season of Dancing with the Stars averages 0.96 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 6.24 million viewers. Compared to season 28, that’s up by 12% in the demo and down by 7% in viewership.

Old 11-23-2020, 08:30 PM

18,503 posts, read 31,728,061 times
kaithlyn was the winner,
tyra's costume was beyond hideous, reminded me of a reptile.
Havent seen many episodes, but Nelly is NOT a good dancer at all.
Tyras voice was too low, too fast and the background whatever drowned her out most of the time.

Old 11-24-2020, 06:51 AM

439 posts, read 427,695 times
I watched online this morning. Good dances and glad Artem and Kaitlyn won. I wish I could watch show but can't watch Tyra Banks.

Old 11-24-2020, 08:18 AM

27,219 posts, read 46,844,961 times
I wish all of them were declared the winners as Kaithlyn was a professional dancer which is not completely fair, but JMO. They all were pretty good in their own way.

Tara was able to beat herself for getting every time the worst outfits possible. Unbelievable what a disaster. IMO she was also kind of not needed to be there. The show could have done with just the judges and the dancers.

Old 11-24-2020, 08:37 AM

23,027 posts, read 34,438,386 times
Not surprised Kaitlyn won but I was hoping the catfish guy would win, I think he was better and I just liked him better. Tyra is about the worst host I have ever seen!!!! I've seen better outfits at Goodwill and her voice is worse than nails on a chalkboard!!

Old 11-24-2020, 11:02 AM

4,352 posts, read 4,739,838 times
My favorite was Nev but Kaitlyn was an ok winner. Happy for Artem.

If you watch Tyra's entrance at the very beginning of the show, you can seen she's wearing some sort of tennis shoes under that god awful dress.

The freestyles - WEAK! Nothing exciting like there has been in the past. I wonder if they gave them different rules/guidelines for this season.

Again WEAK that all of the other contestants didn't get a short dance. Why bother having them there up in the skybox?

Old 11-24-2020, 11:27 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,499,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
...The freestyles - WEAK! Nothing exciting like there has been in the past. I wonder if they gave them different rules/guidelines for this season.

Again WEAK that all of the other contestants didn't get a short dance. Why bother having them there up in the skybox?

I didnt watch this season but Tyra was the executive producer so she had complete control of everything, from what types of dances were performed each week to the costumes everyone wore. I've always maintained that the producer tells the judges what scores to give each team and the producer also determines who goes home each week and how finally wins.

Sorry to hear that the former teams didnt get to perform this time. That was something I always enjoyed.

Old 11-24-2020, 11:30 AM

18,503 posts, read 31,728,061 times
after watching this and seeing the finale, I now know why I never turn it on purposley, I felt like I was hearing thru out was constant noise.
The background noise was so loud as Tyra was talking I kep thinking to myself, this is annoying.

I think after all these years the show is tired. While i like Tyra on ANTM, as a host, and i really thought id like her, I fond her outfits more like un-needed costumes that made her look like she was a contestant, rather than a host.

It is also so predictible, the scores are so low during the first episodes then as time goes on they get hoigher and higher, and how did Nelly get so far, he was a really terrible dancer.

The judges, also, Bruno, always has to stand up, get all dramatic an then go into his critique, it is really all so tired already.
Why does the announcer have to also say thier last names.
carrie Ann Inaba

Bruno Tonilio

like by now, we already know thier last names.

I found all the music to be annoying also, and now that I listen to myself sounding like a cranky old man, I now know I will never be watching this again. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV