Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 11:35 AM

27,218 posts, read 46,791,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
My favorite was Nev but Kaitlyn was an ok winner. Happy for Artem.

If you watch Tyra's entrance at the very beginning of the show, you can seen she's wearing some sort of tennis shoes under that god awful dress.

The freestyles - WEAK! Nothing exciting like there has been in the past. I wonder if they gave them different rules/guidelines for this season.

Again WEAK that all of the other contestants didn't get a short dance. Why bother having them there up in the skybox?
I was wondering if they just edited them in and they may not have been there as the cheering and boo's are fake too, so why would them standing there be real. I have the feeling we watched so much fake this season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2020, 12:14 PM

23,024 posts, read 34,409,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I was wondering if they just edited them in and they may not have been there as the cheering and boo's are fake too, so why would them standing there be real. I have the feeling we watched so much fake this season.
I think they were really there

Old 11-24-2020, 09:55 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,415,945 times
So I tuned in and out last night, but did every couple get all 10s? Because the ones I saw got all 10s, including Nelly, who absolutely didn't deserve it. He's an OK street dancer but definitely was not a 10-level. This is why I stopped watching the show, they do this every season. Didn't even Bobby Bones get 10s on that final night? And I'm sorry, it's not about how hard someone tried or how much better they are from when they started, it's about how well they danced!

Old 11-24-2020, 10:06 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,581,109 times
I decided to watch the entire finale. After the first episode of the season, I just couldn't watch Tyra. I kept yelling at the TV "Shut up, Tyra". I couldn't stand her staccato "You. Need. To. Vote. So. They. Can. Return. Next. Week." I recorded it each week and watched later in the evening so I could fast forward through Tyra's appearances and just watch the dances and judges. But, last night, besides the horribly atrocious outfits, I again yelled at the TV "Shut up, Tyra!!". She is just awful. Between her outfits and her annoying commentary, she makes the show all about her. I miss the pro's dances during the show, the eliminated stars dancing in the finale, and the humor of Tom Bergeron. If DWTS comes back in the Spring, I hope Tyra's not a part of it. I don't know how she was able to become Executive Producer, but I hope ABC takes that away from her and goes back to a more traditional DWTS.

Old 12-10-2020, 07:22 PM

Just read Carrie Ann has Covid

Old 12-10-2020, 08:30 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,458,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Just read Carrie Ann has Covid

Not surprised. I read that someone got COVid from sitting 20 feet away from an infected person (not symptomatic) in a restaurant. The CoVid traveled through the a/c system. I'm sure many celebrities have been eating out in restaurants.

Old 12-11-2020, 05:57 AM

4,348 posts, read 4,727,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Not surprised. I read that someone got COVid from sitting 20 feet away from an infected person (not symptomatic) in a restaurant. The CoVid traveled through the a/c system. I'm sure many celebrities have been eating out in restaurants.
Restaurants in LA have been closed for in-house eating since about March and recently just close down outdoor dining too.

Old 12-19-2020, 09:51 AM

36 posts, read 23,661 times
For me the show is unwatchable. After the host change, that was it for me. Why do they keep these shows on forever?

Old 12-20-2020, 06:42 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,305,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Here are your "stars" for the season

Charles Oakley - NBA
Monica Aldama - Navaro College Cheerleading Coach
Jeannie Mai - TV Host
Carole Baskin - Animal Activist
Johnny Weir - Figure Skater
Nev Schulman - "Catfish" creator
Justina Machado - actress/star of "One Day at a Time"
Nelly - Rapper
Skai Jackson - Disney channel actress
AJ McLean - Backstreet Boy
Chrishell Stause - Soap actress and star of Netflix's "Selling Sunset"
Kaitlyn Bristowe - Bachelorette
Vernon Davis - Former NFL player
Anne Heche - Actress
Jesse Metcalfe - Actor

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...esse-metcalfe/
I used to have a thread called "Dancing With The Stars - Or A Slow Gas Leak"... take your choice.
The "slow gas leak" was from an old David Letterman line when he was having a bad night and was praying for a slow gas leak to get the night over with.

Unfortunatly my thread was taken down. I still don't get how this show is so popular.

Old 04-24-2023, 06:46 AM

Len Goodman passed away
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV