Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2021, 05:45 PM

15,648 posts, read 26,351,581 times

Advertisements

Here’s my thinking. The young lady playing the daughter is an excellent actress. And I love Lorraine Toussaint and everything I’ve ever seen her in. They are completely useless here. Other than being a plot device to show that Robin is human and has a human sort of life, they bring nothing to the table.

This is happened before in things. I can remember the first season of Barney Miller where they kept trying to shoehorn in Barney’s wife? And re-watching that in repeats my husband said every time she comes on the screen everything grinds to a complete halt. She was an extraneous bit that we didn’t need to know about and we didn’t care about. And they got the message because they dumped her on the next season. She would come in and then leave. And that was just about enough.

Old 05-27-2021, 06:23 PM

12,822 posts, read 15,116,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
The Queen has been picked up for a second season of equalizing

Yay, she made it another season! So many shows were slashed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2021, 11:17 PM

13,741 posts, read 4,409,389 times
She ruined a nice original series. This pc is on steroids. She has to be black and a woman. She wouldn't pass basic training in the Army or CIA material but Hollywood is into comedy. The best part it's the intro when she runs and they pack everything under a blouse tight so nothing bounces and I don't mean just her breasts.

Old 06-17-2021, 03:47 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,627,018 times
When I found out they cast Queen Latifah for The Equalizer I just had to watch. I have a major girl crush on this woman. Love her!

I loved the original even though I was a kid but we always watched until it was cancelled. I always thought he was a handsome distinguished old man.

I watched both Equalizer movies with Denzel and of course, he does a great job with the part. I wonder if they will be an Equalizer III...we shall see.

Now I am biased but The Equalizer with the Queen is very good. Loving the back and forth with Robyn and Detective Dante. He can be salty all he wants but he knows that she is good at helping people that the cops can't. Waiting for Season 2 to see if he decides to work with The Equalizer even though he thinks it will be working FOR her. It was funny but I can't believe she walked in on him while showering at the gym. We all know what would happened if he did it to her.

Also how will it play out now that her hard headed daughter knows she doesn't work for a charity.

One thing I do fear is they will remove a character or two and install a couple of new faces like they always do in these new shows. If they do this, it better not be Bishop. Take out that DA but not him. I love Chris Noth.

Anyway, very glad it was renewed and hope we get extra episodes since there were only 10 the first season. Covid 19 probably had something to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Here’s my thinking. The young lady playing the daughter is an excellent actress. And I love Lorraine Toussaint and everything I’ve ever seen her in. They are completely useless here. Other than being a plot device to show that Robin is human and has a human sort of life, they bring nothing to the table.

This is happened before in things. I can remember the first season of Barney Miller where they kept trying to shoehorn in Barney’s wife? And re-watching that in repeats my husband said every time she comes on the screen everything grinds to a complete halt. She was an extraneous bit that we didn’t need to know about and we didn’t care about. And they got the message because they dumped her on the next season. She would come in and then leave. And that was just about enough.
The first episode had me majorly disliking the daughter. What a little b talking to her mother that way just because she overslept before dropping her off to school. Glad her disposition changed after that episode. Maybe next season she will be upset/confused about her mom's real job and will go live with her dad for several episodes and she won't be around much. Fun fact about the girl playing Delilah, she was the voice for Doc McStuffins.

Btw, major points for you mentioning "Barney Miller". That show was a classic!

Old 12-28-2023, 09:48 PM

THis show's starting up again on Sun., Feb 18, 2024!

Old 12-30-2023, 11:04 AM

18,513 posts, read 31,772,875 times
It must come on after something I watch so it has been left on, I kinda liked it.
I do sit and watch it, I enjoy it. For some odd reason I do like Queen Latifah.
I find her speaking voice pleasant enough.
I know the show is far fetched, and blah blah blah.
I do like the supporting cast, so that helps also, and I like the woman that plays her aunt very much.

I have seen many episodes, and while I wouldn't race to put it on to watch, like I stated, it seems to come on after what ever I watch, and, LOL, I can't even think of what that is at this moment. Isn't it Sundays?

I don't like Queens music, but I find her, as a person, very likable, I just find the woman likeable, so thats my take on The Equalizer.

I dont remember the original, I was getting it confused with "The Mentalist", I think that was the name of it.

Old 01-02-2024, 10:43 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,347,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forever blue View Post
this show's starting up again on sun., feb 18, 2024!
yay!

Old Today, 07:17 PM

(The same OP started another Equalizer thread couple weeks ago for some reason.)

Anyway, still watching this show & I've really liked it! My mom likes it too. She's always liked Queen Latifah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV