Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2021, 08:52 AM

12,108 posts, read 23,286,271 times

Advertisements

I liked the series with EW. The Washington movie was entertaining. I like Latifah, but I don't know if I will watch the show. I might give it a try. I think Hollywood has run out of ideas, and I haven't cared for any of the reboots that I have seen, such as Hawaii 5-0 or Magnum, but I am probably not the target audience because I think the originals are much better than what they are putting out now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2021, 04:42 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,016,445 times
I'm enjoying it! It entertains and makes me feel good, two things I highly value these days.

Old 02-17-2021, 07:28 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
Right - well, PoI functioned on Reese being a bada$$ - so you knew what you were getting at all times.
Plus Reese was easy on the eyes.

I watched the pilot episode last night and I didn't hate it. I will probably watch it a few more times before I make up my mind.

Old 02-17-2021, 08:29 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
I liked the series with EW. The Washington movie was entertaining. I like Latifah, but I don't know if I will watch the show. I might give it a try. I think Hollywood has run out of ideas, and I haven't cared for any of the reboots that I have seen, such as Hawaii 5-0 or Magnum, but I am probably not the target audience because I think the originals are much better than what they are putting out now.
Out of all the Reboots Magnum PI is not that bad, The original still is better but i like Magnum.

Old 02-17-2021, 02:35 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Out of all the Reboots Magnum PI is not that bad, The original still is better but i like Magnum.
Either that or WWE wrestling here.

Old 02-20-2021, 07:53 AM

9,881 posts, read 4,646,105 times
Still undecided. The original still much better so far.

It seems the computer guy always plays a computer guy in spy or police series. Wasn't he a computer hack in the tv version of Taken a few years ago? I like Liz Lapira although I thought she didn't want to do police drama type shows after leaving NCIS. Who's the new Control?

And the new Magnum-pffffftttttt-is it Magnum PI or Magnum vigilante. Reboots are dicey, nothing her is the new Battle Star Galactica.

Old 02-20-2021, 08:13 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Still undecided. The original still much better so far.

It seems the computer guy always plays a computer guy in spy or police series. Wasn't he a computer hack in the tv version of Taken a few years ago? I like Liz Lapira although I thought she didn't want to do police drama type shows after leaving NCIS. Who's the new Control?

And the new Magnum-pffffftttttt-is it Magnum PI or Magnum vigilante. Reboots are dicey, nothing her is the new Battle Star Galactica.
Good catch on Adam Goldberg being typecast. I remember the first season of Taken was better than the very similar The Brave and I didn't like the soft reboot when Kilroy the hacker in an upstairs version of Harry the hacker's liar joined.

I guess after 15 years the agent world was again safe for Liza Lapira. Even though most remember her for a few appearances as Agent Lee being a flirty Mickey/Pete as Melody with a sniper rifle it is really not the same as being the latest Law & Order detective.

Chris Noth as the retired Bishop running his own security firm, which no doubt contracts out with the CIA, is the new Control.

Of course the original Magnum had his vigilante moments. Perhaps the most famous scene of the original Magnum PI series was him and Rick taking the most extreme vigilante action possible. Although I don't recall Lieutenant Tanaka or Colonel Green letting him get away with what Detective Katsumoto turns his head to in the new version.

Old 02-20-2021, 09:00 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times
We watched the first two episodes last night, and really liked it. Queen Latifah is super cool as the heroine, and I love any kind of show where they kill a lot of bad guys.... Satisfying, since I’m not allowed to do it in real life.

Old 02-20-2021, 09:32 AM

11,638 posts, read 12,709,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Not impressed, certain aspects reminded me of Person of Interest, but at least that was a good show. Doubt I'll watch it again.
POI had the same premise, but yeah, it was a good show. This one is more like a vigilante show, "have gun will travel." The original showrunners of the Equalizer specifically stated it was not a vigilante show and it was not "have gun will travel."

Old 02-20-2021, 09:41 AM

9,136 posts, read 6,185,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
We watched the first two episodes last night, and really liked it. Queen Latifah is super cool as the heroine, and I love any kind of show where they kill a lot of bad guys.... Satisfying, since I’m not allowed to do it in real life.
I'd rather they annihilate through intelligence rather than through force. The show doesn't reach this level. The original was more thinking and less punching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV